Find out how to earn Qantas Points at the supermarket or get cash off your next shop with Woolworths Rewards.
This loyalty program gives you a way to earn points per $1 spent at Woolworths supermarkets, as well as at BWS, Big W and participating Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. You can then choose to redeem your points for cash off your shop at Woolworths, save them up for Christmas or convert them to Qantas Points.
Use this guide to learn more about Woolworths Rewards, including how to join, how to earn points and the different rewards you can choose from.
How to join Woolworths Rewards
There is no cost to join Woolworths Rewards and you can sign up through the website in a few minutes by following these steps:
- Provide your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and a password for the Woolworths Rewards Website.
- Provide a mailing address for your Woolworths Rewards card.
- Confirm your details and click on "Join Woolworths Rewards".
After that, you'll be emailed confirmation of your membership. You can then print out a temporary membership card if you want to start earning points straight away. Your actual card will arrive within seven days.
Alternatively, you can also apply to join Woolworths Rewards in a participating store. When you do this, you'll get a temporary, cardboard membership card that you can scan to earn points. You'll then need to complete your account activation online by following the steps above.
4,000 bonus Credit Card points
& a $50 eGift Card
$0 first year annual fee
Available only via finder.com.au
Offer ends 30 June 2019
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Woolworths Everyday Platinum Credit Card - Finder Only Offer
Receive a $50 Woolworths eGift Card and 4,000 bonus Credit Card Points when you meet the spend criteria. Plus, a $0 first year annual fee.
- $0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($49 p.a. thereafter).
- 19.99% p.a. on purchases
- 2.99% p.a. for 18 months with 0% BT fee on balance transfers
- Cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum income requirement of $30,000 p.a.
Earning Woolworths Rewards points
There are three ways you can earn points for your spending at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS, Big W or at participating Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets:
- Shopping in person. Swipe your Woolworths Rewards membership card at the register before you pay and you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent. Note that if you forget to swipe your card at the checkout, you won’t be able to earn rewards for that purchase.
- Shopping with your phone. You can also earn points by scanning a digital version of your membership card via the Woolworths app. You’ll just need to download the app to your smart phone or device and add your membership card information under the "More" section. Once these details are saved, you just need to click "show barcode" when holding your phone up to the register.
- Shopping online. If you buy your groceries through Woolworths Online, you’ll be asked to fill in your Woolworths Rewards details as part of the payment process.
What purchases don't earn points?
You can only earn Woolworths Rewards points on "eligible purchases", which includes most everyday items you'll buy at Woolworths or another partner. Purchases that are not eligible to earn points include smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Woolworths flowers, Carpet Care, lottery products and purchases made using Caltex Starcard.
Bonus points and special offers
Woolworths Rewards provides bonus point offers and other promotions at different times through the year. Current offers are usually shared by email or through the Woolworths app. As well as personalised offers, you’ll also receive member-only deals and exclusive offers in-store, online and via email.
You can also check your current offers, view your point balance and update your reward preferences at selected Woolworths supermarkets that have a Rewards Hub. Simply scan your membership card at the terminal to access these services.
Woolworths Rewards and Woolworths credit cards
Woolworths also offers two credit cards that earn reward points for your everyday spending and double as your Woolworths Rewards membership card. We've highlighted the key details for each card below:
- Woolworths Everyday Platinum. This credit card offers 3 points per $1 spent on Woolworths brand products, 2 points per $1 spent at participating Woolworths Groups stores and 1 point per $1 spent elsewhere. These points are then converted to a shopping card that you can use across participating Woolworths group stores.
- Woolworths Qantas Platinum. This card earns 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $2,500 per statement period, then 0.5 points per $1 spent for the rest of that statement period. It also includes complimentary travel insurance and exclusive platinum card offers.
Using Woolworths Rewards points
You have three options for using the points you earn through this supermarket loyalty program:
- Save at the checkout. You’ll automatically save $10 on your next eligible shop at Woolworths or BWS when your balance reaches 2,000 points. Note that you won't be able to get money off your shop through Woolworths Rewards when shopping at Big W or Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets.
- Stock up your points. If you don’t want to redeem rewards each time you reach 2,000 points, you can opt to save your points for events such as Christmas or birthdays when you know you’ll be spending more.
- Convert to Qantas Points. You can convert your Woolworths Rewards to Qantas Points, with 2,000 Woolworths Rewards points equalling 870 Qantas Points. This is an earn rate of 0.43 Qantas Points per $1 spent. If you choose to convert your Woolworths Rewards to Qantas Points, the points will be transferred on a quarterly basis on the 15th of March, June, September and December. Points may take up to 7 days to show up in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
Woolworths Rewards could help you get extra value from your spending at Woolworths, BWS, Big W and Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. The range of Woolworths credit cards also offer additional value and rewards, but remember to weigh up the costs of these cards and compare a range of options so that you can find the right fit for your spending habits and needs.
FAQs about the Woolworths Rewards program
Want to know more about Woolworths Rewards? Below, we've included answers to some common questions. If you have another question, check out our complete guide to Woolworths Rewards FAQs or leave a comment below.
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top