Find out how to earn Qantas Points at the supermarket, get cash off your next shop and save on fuel with Woolworths Rewards.
This loyalty program rewards you when you shop at Woolworths supermarkets and BWS, earning reward points per $1 spent with program partners when you scan or provide your membership number. These points can be redeemed for cash off your next shop at Woolworths or converted to Qantas Points.
Use this guide to learn more about the program, including how to join, how to earn points, what rewards are available and the common questions people ask about Woolworths Rewards.
How to join Woolworths Rewards
There is no cost to join Woolworths Rewards and you can sign up through the website in a few minutes by following these steps:
- Provide your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and a password for the Woolworths Rewards Website.
- Provide a mailing address for your Woolworths Rewards card.
- Confirm your details and click on "Join Woolworths Rewards".
After that, you'll be emailed confirmation of your membership. You can then print out a temporary membership card if you want to start earning points straight away. Your actual card will arrive within seven days.
Alternatively, you can also apply to join Woolworths Rewards in a participating store. When you do this, you'll get a temporary, cardboard membership card that you can scan to earn points. You'll then need to complete your account activation online by following the steps above.
How do I earn Woolworths Rewards points?
There are three ways you can earn points for your spending at Woolworths supermarkets or BWS:
- Shopping in person. Swipe your Woolworths Rewards membership card at the register before you pay and you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent. Note that if you forget to swipe your card at the checkout, you won’t be able to earn rewards for that purchase.
- Shopping with your phone. You can also earn points by scanning a digital version of your membership card via the Woolworths app. You’ll just need to download the app to your smart phone or device and add your membership card information under the "More" section. Once these details are saved, you just need to click "show barcode" when holding your phone up to the register.
- Shopping online. If you buy your groceries through Woolworths Online, you’ll be asked to fill in your Woolworths Rewards details as part of the payment process.
What purchases don't earn points?
You can only earn Woolworths Rewards points on "eligible purchases", which includes most everyday items you'll buy at Woolworths or BWS. Purchases that are not eligible to earn points include smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Woolworths flowers, Carpet Care, lottery products and purchases using Caltex Starcard.
Bonus points and special offers
Woolworths Rewards provides bonus point offers and other promotions at different times through the year. Current offers are usually shared by email or through the Woolworths app. As well as personalised offers, you’ll also receive member-only deals and exclusive offers in-store, online and via email.
Woolworths Rewards and Woolworths credit cards
Woolworths also offers two credit cards that earn reward points for your everyday spending and double as your Woolworths Rewards membership card. We've highlighted the key details for each card below:
- Woolworths Everyday Platinum. This credit card offers 3 points per $1 spent on Woolworths brand products, 2 points per $1 spent at participating Woolworths Groups stores and 1 point per $1 spent elsewhere. These points are then converted to a shopping card that you can use across participating Woolworths group stores.
- Woolworths Qantas Platinum. This card earns 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $2,500 per statement period, then 0.5 points per $1 spent for the rest of that statement period. It also includes complimentary travel insurance and exclusive platinum card offers.
Comparison of Woolworths Credit Cards
What rewards can I redeem with my Woolworths Rewards?
Choose any of the following to get the most out of your Woolworths Rewards:
- Save at the checkout. You’ll automatically save $10 on your next eligible shop each time your balance reaches 2,000 points.
- Stock up your points. If you don’t want to redeem rewards each time you reach 2,000 points, you can opt to bank your points to save for events such as Christmas or birthdays when you know you’ll be spending more.
- Convert to Qantas Points. You can convert your Woolworths Rewards to Qantas Points in amounts of 2,000 Woolworths Rewards for 870 Qantas Points. This is an earn rate of 0.43 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There is no minimum spend required to earn Qantas Points, whereas the old Everyday Rewards system required cardholders to spend $30 to convert points to Qantas. Please allow up to 7 days for your Qantas Points to appear in your account.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
If you regularly shop at Woolworths or BWS, Woolworths Rewards could help you get extra value from your spending. The range of Woolworths credit cards also offer additional value and rewards, but remember to weigh up the costs of these cards and compare a range of options so that you can find the right fit for your spending habits and needs.