Find out how to earn Qantas Points at the supermarket, get cash off your next shop and save on fuel with Woolworths Rewards.
This loyalty program rewards you when you shop at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS and Caltex-Woolworths co-branded service stations, offering 1 point per $1 spent with program partners when you scan or provide your membership number. These points can be redeemed for cash off your next shop at Woolworths or converted to Qantas Points.
Woolworths Rewards also allows you to collect and use fuel discounts at participating Caltex Woolworths co-branded service stations and provides exclusive member promotions. Use this guide to learn more about the program, including how to join, how to earn points, what rewards are available and the common questions people ask about Woolworths Rewards.
The finder.com.au Woolworths Rewards comparison
Compare how many Woolworths Rewards points you can earn at Woolworths and with its partners.
|Where to shop||Points per dollar|
|1 point per dollar spent|
|1 point per dollar spent|
|1 point per dollar spent|
How to join Woolworths Rewards
There is no cost to join Woolworths Rewards and you can sign up through the website in a few minutes by following these steps:
- Provide your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and a password for the Woolworths Rewards Website.
- Provide a mailing address for your Woolworths Rewards card.
- Confirm your details and click on "Join Woolworths Rewards".
After that, you'll be emailed confirmation of your membership. You can then print out a temporary membership card if you want to start earning points straight away. Your actual card will arrive within seven days.
Alternatively, you can also apply to join Woolworths Rewards in a participating store. When you do this, you'll get a temporary, cardboard membership card that you can scan to earn points. You'll then need to complete your account activation online by following the steps above.
How do I earn Woolworths Rewards points?
There are three ways you can earn points for your spending at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS or Caltex-Woolworths fuel outlets:
- Shopping in person. Swipe your Woolworths Rewards membership card at the register before you pay and you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent. Note that if you forget to swipe your card at the checkout, you won’t be able to earn rewards for that purchase.
- Shopping with your phone. You can also earn points by scanning a digital version of your membership card via the Woolworths app. You’ll just need to download the app to your smart phone or device and add your membership card information under the "More" section. Once these details are saved, you just need to click "show barcode" when holding your phone up to the register.
- Shopping online. If you buy your groceries through Woolworths Online, you’ll be asked to fill in your Woolworths Rewards details as part of the payment process.
What purchases don't earn points?
You can only earn Woolworths Rewards points on "eligible purchases", which includes most everyday items you'll buy at Woolworths, BWS or Caltex Woolworths. Purchases that are not eligible to earn points include smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Woolworths flowers, Carpet Care, lottery products and purchases using Caltex Starcard.
Bonus points and special offers
Woolworths Rewards provides bonus point offers and other promotions at different times through the year. Current offers are usually shared by email or through the Woolworths app. As well as personalised offers, you’ll also receive member-only deals and exclusive offers in-store, online and via email.
Woolworths Rewards and Woolworths credit cards
Woolworths also offers two credit cards that earn reward points for your everyday spending and double as your Woolworths Rewards membership card. We've highlighted the key details for each card below:
- Woolworths Everyday Platinum. This credit card offers 3 points per $1 spent on Woolworths brand products, 2 points per $1 spent at participating Woolworths Groups stores and 1 point per $1 spent elsewhere. These points are then converted to a shopping card that you can use across participating Woolworths group stores.
- Woolworths Qantas Platinum. This card earns 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $2,500 per statement period, then 0.5 points per $1 spent for the rest of that statement period. It also includes complimentary travel insurance and exclusive platinum card offers.
Comparison of Woolworths Credit Cards
Rates last updated June 27th, 2017.
- Woolworths Qantas Platinum Credit Card
Bonus Qantas Points offer has been changed from 30,000 to 16,000 and is valid until 30 June 2017.
April 1st, 2017
- Woolworths Everyday Platinum Credit Card
$100 has replaced $50 eGift Card plus BT & annual fee offers have been extended until 30 June 2017.
April 1st, 2017
What rewards can I redeem with my Woolworths Rewards?
Choose any of the following to get the most out of your Woolworths Rewards:
- Save at the checkout. You’ll automatically save $10 on your next eligible shop each time your balance reaches 2,000 points.
- Stock up your points. If you don’t want to redeem rewards each time you reach 2,000 points, you can opt to bank your points to save for events such as Christmas or birthdays when you know you’ll be spending more.
- Fuel discounts. You’ll also earn a 4c per litre fuel discount at any participating Caltex Woolworths co-branded fuel outlet when you spend $30 or more at Woolworths supermarkets. Your discount will be valid within 28 days of purchase.
- Convert to Qantas Points. You can convert your Woolworths Rewards to Qantas Points in amounts of 2,000 Woolworths Rewards for 870 Qantas Points. This is an earn rate of 0.43 Qantas Points per $1 spent. There is no minimum spend required to earn Qantas Points, whereas the old Everyday Rewards system required cardholders to spend $30 to convert points to Qantas. Please allow up to 7 days for your Qantas Points to appear in your account.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
If you regularly shop at Woolworths, BWS or Woolworths Caltex service stations, Woolworths Rewards could help you get extra value from your spending. The range of Woolworths credit cards also offer additional value and rewards, but remember to weigh up the costs of these cards and compare a range of options so that you can find the right fit for your spending habits and needs.
Frequently asked questions about the Woolworths Rewards program
How can I check how many Woolworths Rewards points I can get?
You can check your Woolworths Rewards points balance by logging into woolworthsrewards.com.au using your membership number and password. You can then select "My Account" to view your points. If you want to see how many Qantas Points you have, you’ll need to login to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
How do I convert my Woolworths Rewards into Qantas Points?
If you want to convert your Woolworths Rewards into Qantas Points, you’ll need to follow these instructions:
- Login to your Woolworths Rewards account.
- Select "My Account".
- Select "Redemption Settings" and follow the prompts to choose "Qantas Points".
It should take up to 7 days for Qantas Points to appear in your account.
How do I order a new card?
You can register for a new Woolworths Rewards card via the Woolworths Rewards website. It can take up 10 working days for your new card to arrive.
How do I change the address on my Woolworths Rewards account?
You can change your address by logging in to your Woolworths Rewards account and going through the following steps:
- My Account
- My details
- Mailing address
How do I link my Qantas Frequent Flyer membership to my Woolworths Rewards card?
You can link your frequent flyer account with your Woolworths Rewards account in two ways:
Log in online at woolworthsrewards.com.au, select "My Account" in the top right corner and then "Cards and accounts". Navigate to "Link your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership". Make sure to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number handy.
Over the phone
Contact Woolworths Rewards on 1300 10 1234 and select option "1". Again, make sure to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer account details on hand before you make the call.
Can I order an additional card for my partner or family member?
Yes, you can by following these instructions:
- Login to your Woolworths Rewards online account
- Select "My Account", then"‘Cards and accounts"
- Scroll down to ‘order a new card’
- Select ‘Additional card’ with your rewards card number from the list
Once you’ve done this, you should receive an additional card and keytag with the same barcode as your existing card so that all of your points and rewards go into the one account.
If I forgot to scan my Woolworths Rewards card at the checkout, is there any way I can earn points from my shop?
Unfortunately, Woolworths can’t award any rewards points unless you scan your card at the checkout. If you want to get the most out of your Woolworths Rewards, make sure to swipe your card every time.
What do I do if I’ve lost my Woolworths Rewards card?
If your Woolworths Rewards card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement Woolworths Rewards card by logging into your account, clicking on "My Account" and then clicking on "Cards and accounts". Alternatively, you can contact Woolworths Rewards on 1300 10 1234. Make sure to have your membership number and account name handy to quicken the process.
Can I share fuel discounts?
Yes, you can share your fuel discounts with up to five other registered Woolworths Rewards members. You’ll just need to link your account to theirs by logging in online, clicking on "My Account", then "Cards and Accounts" and following the prompts.