Are you in the market for car insurance? Find cover that is tailored to your needs with a Woolworths Car Insurance policy
Just as you can customise the options on your car, you may also want to custom design your car insurance. You may not want the full coverage of Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance, so you can choose the features and inclusions that suit your lifestyle, needs and budget.
How to tailor your Woolworths Car Insurance
With the Woolworths Make Your Own Tailored Cover, you have two options to create the policy that is just right for you and your car:
1. Choose Third Party Property Damage Insurance, plus Collision Cover.
2. Choose Third Party Property Damage Insurance, a minimum of two of the following defined event covers:
- Fire cover. Cover for damage to your car as a result of fire, not including where the fire is caused by the events in the Theft and Malicious Damage, Collision or Natural Events covers below.
- Theft and malicious damage cover. Cover for damage to your car as a result of theft, attempted theft or malicious damage.
- Collision cover. Cover for accidental damage to your car when your car hits or is hit by another vehicle or an object such as a tree branch. You are covered whether you are at fault or not and regardless of whether you were driving the car at the time or if it was parked. Collision cover does not include cover for events covered in the Fire, Theft and Malicious Damage or Natural Event options.
- Natural events cover. Cover for accidental damage to your car as a result of wind, storm, lightning, hail, bushfire, earthquake, tsunami, flood or other natural weather event.
If you make an eligible claim on your tailored insurance cover with Woolworths Insurance, your cover will:
- Repair your car if it is economical to do so
- Pay you a reasonable cost to repair your car
- Replace your car or pay you the Agreed Value or Market Value, according to your choice in the policy documents.
Benefits Included in Make Your Own Tailored Cover with Woolworths Insurance
You are entitled to the following included benefits if you choose the Make Your Own Tailored Cover option from Woolworths:
- A 12 month new for old replacement benefit. If Woolworths Insurance declares your car to be a total loss after an eligible claim is made, Woolworths Make Your Own Tailored Cover will replace your car with one of the same or similar make, model or series and pay the on road costs, excluding Compulsory Third Party Insurance. You are eligible for this benefit if the claim is made within 12 months of the start date of the car’s registration.
- Towing costs. Cover for reasonable costs to move your damaged car to a safe place after an accident.
- Trailer and caravan cover. A benefit of up to $1,000 for accidental damage or loss of a trailer or caravan that was attached to your car at the time of the insured event. Property carried in or on the caravan or trailer is not covered.
- Essential repairs. A benefit of up to $300 for essential repairs to restore your car to roadworthy condition, to allow you to drive to your destination.
- Personal property. A benefit of up to $500 for damage to personal property that is accidentally damaged or destroyed as the result of an insured event. This feature only covers personal items that belong to you or a family member and covers items that are worn or carried such as a handbag or sports bag. For example, mobile phones, laptops, machines, musical and photographic devices, equipment tools or other trade items are not covered. Cash, cheques or documents associated with business are not covered either.
- Child safety seats and prams. A benefit of up to $500 to go towards the cost of replacing child seats, baby capsules and prams that are damaged.
- Emergency travel and accommodation. If you are more than 200 kilometres from home when you experience an insured event and you are unable to drive your car, Woolworths Insurance will cover the cost of your travel. Woolworths Insurance provides a benefit of up to $500 for travel costs to return you and your passengers home and emergency accommodation for you and your passengers.
- Substitute car. If you are involved in an accident while driving an uninsured, registered substitute car, Woolworths will provide cover for Third Party Property Damage for the substitute car, while your car is being repaired. This feature does not include a substitute car that is a hire car or one that is owned by you.
- Locks and keys. A benefit of up to $1,000 if your car keys are stolen, to cover the replacement of the keys or the recoding of your car locks. You will only be eligible to claim this benefit if the theft is reported to police and the keys were not stolen by a family member.
- Transit cover. Pays for loss or damage to your car while it is being transported, for example during loading or unloading on road, rail or air transport. This feature covers your car for transport between any places in Australia.
Optional Extras to add to your Make Your Own Tailored Cover
If you would like to further customise your tailored car insurance with Woolworths Insurance, you can consider optional extras including:
- Excess free windscreen cover. If you make a claim for accidental windscreen glass breakage, Woolworths insurance will pay the cost of repairing the glass.
- A 24 month new for old replacement benefit. Your Woolworths car insurance already includes 12 months new for old replacement, but you can choose to extend that to a 24 month period. This means if you claim for an insured event and Woolworths Insurance declares the car to be a total loss, it will be replaced with a car of the same or similar make, model or series and your insurance will pay all on road costs, excluding Compulsory Third Party Insurance.This benefit is valid for 24 months after the start date of your car’s original registration.
- Hire car. If your car is stolen or off the road for repairs, your insurance will assist you with the cost of hiring a car, where the hired car is chosen from an approved company and the hire is paid for upfront, with an invoice submitted to Woolworths Insurance for reimbursement.
With the Woolworths Make Your Own Tailored Cover, your insurance is in your hands. You can take out as little or as much as you need and really make sure you’re only paying for the essentials, while not compromising on quality.