Woolworths Contents Insurance Review
Just take a second to look around your house at all the things you’ve filled your life with. Now think about how much it would cost to replace everything you can see. Now think about all the things you can’t see from where you’re sitting. Having to replace stolen or damaged items from around your home is stressful and time consuming. Imagine how much more difficult it would be if you were struggling to pull together the cash for those replacements. With Woolworths Contents Insurance you can rest easy, knowing that your home’s contents will be protected in case something does go wrong.
Which of your contents are covered by Woolworths Contents Insurance
Woolworths Contents Insurance offers its policyholders peace of mind knowing that the items that are special to them will be replaced should an insured event occur. The contents that are covered by your Woolworths Contents Insurance policy include:
- Household goods or personal belongings that are usually kept in your home
- Items that you own or that you are legally responsible for.
You can enhance your contents insurance by adding Woolworths Building Insurance to your policy cover, which would extend your insurance protection to building materials onsite that are due to be installed in your home such as cupboards or sinks. Your Woolworths contents insurance does not cover:
- Gas and electrical appliances
- Light fittings or alarm systems that are permanently connected to the gas or electricity supply
- Under bench dishwashers that are considered part of the building
- Trees, shrubs, hedges or other plant life, including lawns and landscaping
- Unset precious or semi-precious stones
- Motorised vehicles such as go karts, motorcycles, mini bikes, caravans, trailers or any parts or accessories of these vehicles, including specially designed GPS units
- Non motorised watercraft longer than three metres, motorised watercraft, aircrafts, hang gliders and the parts or accessories for these items
- Trade tools that you use in connection with a business.
Features of Woolworths Contents Insurance
The following benefits are included in your Woolworths Contents Insurance, in addition to the sum insured on your Woolworths insurance policy. You can also choose a Standard Cover or Comprehensive level of cover, which will alter the benefits of some of these features. The additional benefits of your contents insurance cover you for:
- Contents temporarily removed from your home. You can be covered for items that are lost or damaged as the result of theft, storm, rainwater or impact while they are temporarily removed from your home to another building within Australia, for example to another home, a hotel or motel, to a nursing home or hospital. You are protected with a cover limit up to 20% of the sum insured on your policy, for this feature.
- Contents in your old home. Also, when you are moving house, there are items left in your old house as you make trip after trip back and forth between your new and old home. Therefore, Woolworths Contents Insurance extends your cover to remain over any items that are still in your old home and any items in your new home during your move, for up to 14 days from the day you start moving.
- Outdoor contents. Some items left outside are covered by your contents insurance including garden furniture and BBQs. Under the Standard Cover level you are entitled to claim items up to $4,000 in value, where claims for other than garden furniture or BBQs are limited to $1,000. With Comprehensive Cover you are covered for up to $8,000 and have a limit of $2,000 for claims other than items such as garden furniture and BBQs which are limited to $1,000. There are individual item limits shown on your COI. The amount of $4000/$8000 relates to the maximum amount in any one claim.
- Contents in your home office. You are covered for the loss or damage of the contents of your home office that are used for generating an income, such as office furniture, desks, filing cabinets and computers. With Standard Cover you can claim for up to $5,000 and with Comprehensive Cover you can claim up to $10,000 for your home office contents.
- Cover for Strata Title Property. If you own a strata title property, your contents insurance also includes cover for fixtures that are owned by you and are not insurable by the body corporate, for the replacement of locks and for emergency accommodation to an equivalent standard of your current home. These items are normally covered under a building property, except in the case that your property is under a strata title.
- Food spoilage. You are also covered for the cost of spoiled food that was frozen or refrigerated and is lost or damaged as the result of an insured event. Standard Cover provides up to $500 benefit and Comprehensive Cover offers you up to $1,000.