Looking for cover with all the bells and whistles? Find out what's covered with the Woolworths Comprehensive policy.
Comprehensive car insurance is not just a type of cover, it’s protection that allows you to go about your daily life secure in the knowledge that you are covered. Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance protects you against a whole range of losses including:
- Accidental damage
- Third party property damage
- Theft and malicious damage cover
Keep reading to find out exactly what your Woolworths comprehensive car insurance policy covers or make a secure enquiry for cover via the links in the table below.
Receive a quote for Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance and apply securely
Specifications of your Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance
Along with the cover inclusions listed above, your Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance policy protects you and your car from a whole range of events. Let’s face it, you are at risk every time you get behind the wheel and of course, as it is an asset, you want your car to be protected, repaired or replaced if anything happens to it.
If your car is damaged, your Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance will pay you for the reasonable cost of repairs for your car if it is the most economical solution. If it is more economical, your Woolworths car insurance will replace your vehicle, or pay you up to the agreed or market value of the vehicle, depending on the value option you have chosen. This repair or replacement feature of your insurance also applies to Third Party Property Damage and any other optional extras you have added to your policy.
Your Comprehensive Car Insurance from Woolworths also includes the following features and cover:
- A 24 hour emergency claims assistance helpline
- Complete replacement of your car within the first 12 months
- Cover for personal property or valuables that were inside your car that have been damaged in an accident
- Cover for child safety seats and prams that have been damaged in a car accident
- Cover for trailers or caravans that were attached to your car during an accident and have been damaged
- Up to $1,000 towards having your keys replaced and your locks changed if your keys are stolen
- Coverage for the cost of towing your car to a safe place after an accident
- Any essential repairs required to get your car back on the road to allow you to reach your destination
- Cover for the cost of emergency travel and accommodation if your car can’t be driven after an accident and you are more than 200 kilometres from home
There are a number of additional features and benefits you can take advantage of under your comprehensive car insurance policy, including:
- A 5% discount on your policy if you buy your Woolworths insurance online.
- If you choose to insure your vehicle for an agreed value, rather than the market value at the time of the claim, you can save on your premiums.
- Choose a higher excess, because the higher your excess, the lower your premiums. Just remember the excess is the amount you have to pay when you make an at-fault claim.
Woolworths Drive Less, Pay Less feature
You can also take advantage of the Drive Less, Pay Less feature of Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance, which features:
Agreed Maximum Kilometres
You can save money on your car insurance if you agree to a maximum kilometre driving range for the period of your insurance. This means if you use your car infrequently, you’re not paying extra for insurance, when your car is not on the road as often as your neighbour’s.
Low Kilometre Eligibility
Woolworths will determine your eligibility for the Drive Less, Pay Less option, if you are a low kilometre driver.
Exceeding Kilometre Excess
If you make a claim on your Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance and your car’s odometer reads higher than your agreed kilometre range, you will be charged an excess, as set out on your Certificate of Insurance.
Increase your Maximum Kilometres
You can increase your agreed kilometre range at any time during your period of cover, if it looks like you will exceed the agreed amount, and want to avoid the excess. You need to apply for the increase before you have reached your kilometre range and the increase then needs to be approved by Woolworths Insurance. When you increase your agreed kilometres, your premium will also increase.
Decrease your Maximum Kilometres
You cannot decrease your agreed kilometres during the period of insurance once your cover has begun. However, at the time of renewing your policy at the end of each cover period, you have the option to change your agreed kilometres at this time.
Monitor your Travel
If you have not reached the agreed kilometres in your Drive Less, Pay Less policy option at the end of the period of insurance, you will not receive a refund for unused kilometres. However, at the same time, you are responsible for monitoring your odometer, and increasing your level of cover if you are fast approaching your agreed kilometres. It is also your responsibility to provide an accurate odometer reading to Woolworths Insurance when your policy begins, and Woolworths also has the right to verify the reading at any time. If your car’s odometer has been replaced or manipulated in any way, Woolworths Insurance will not pay a claim.
There are also several extras you can add to your Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance if you choose, including:
- New for old replacement. New for old replacement of your car within the first 24 months if you are the first registered owner.
- Windscreen cover. You can add excess-free windscreen cover to replace or repair the front windscreen of your car if it is accidentally broken, and on the first claim you don’t have to pay the excess.
- Hire car. Add a hire car option to your comprehensive car insurance and Woolworths will provide a hire car if we accept a claim for damage to, or the theft of, your car.