Woolworths Building Insurance

Woolworths Building Insurance Review

Our homes are more than just buildings that keep us warm and dry and safe. They are where we return to after a hard day to relax and spend time with our family. However, at the same time, our homes are an asset that needs protecting.

Therefore, to make sure the roof over your head is always there to protect you, you need to look into building insurance. Building insurance pays you a benefit amount if the structure of your home or surrounding buildings, such as sheds and garages, are damaged.

finder.com.au does not currently have access to this home insurance brand. You may wish to compare options available on the home insurance homepage.

All Woolworths Home Insurance policies are issued by the Hollard Insurance Company

Features of Woolworths Building Insurance

Your Woolworths Building Insurance defines your home as:

  • A fully enclosed building with walls and a roof
  • A building used primarily for domestic purposes
  • A building that can be locked up
  • Including fixtures or building improvements on the site of your property
  • Includes secured outbuildings such as a garage and other domestic structural improvements.

Your building insurance covers only the structure, not the contents of your home Items such as the carpet, tiles, floor rugs, internal blinds and curtains are not covered under building insurance. Temporary mobile structures such as caravans and trailers are also not covered, nor are above ground swimming pools or spas. Items within your building that are not fixed are not covered under building insurance and this cover does not extend to any wharf, jetty or pontoon that is on your property. Your lawns and landscaping have limited cover.

The features specific to Woolworths building insurance include:

  • Emergency accommodation. If you make a successful claim on your building insurance and Woolworths Insurance deems that your home is not safe to live in because of the damage, your building insurance will pay for equivalent temporary accommodation for you and your family. Your cover will be the value of 12 months rent or 10% of the building sum insured, whichever is less. Your emergency accommodation will not be paid for beyond the time it should reasonably take to repair your home, nor will you receive this benefit if you do not intend to repair or rebuild your home. You will not receive a benefit if you do not need to pay for your emergency accommodation or if you were not permanently living in the property at the time of the damage.
  • Replacement of locks. If you have made a successful claim on your building insurance following a theft and the keys to external locks on your home were stolen, your Woolworths Building Insurance will pay a reasonable cost to replace the locks, up to $500 with Standard Cover and up to $1000 under Comprehensive Cover.
  • Damage to trees, plants or shrubs. Your Woolworths Building Insurance will pay for the replacement of trees, plants or shrubs that were planted in the ground and were stolen, burnt, maliciously damaged or damaged by a vehicle. You have a cover limit for this feature of up to $750 under Standard Cover and up to $1,500 with Comprehensive Cover.

With Woolworths Building Insurance your building is also covered for:

  • Fire damage or explosion
  • Storm, rainwater or flood damage
  • Damage as the result of earthquake, tsunami or volcanic eruption
  • Lightning damage
  • Theft
  • Impact caused by falling tree, falling tree branch, power or communication pole, motor vehicle or trailer, an aircraft, watercraft, or debris falling from space
  • Damage caused after the first 72 hours of a riot, civil commotion or industrial unrest
  • Damage from bursting, leaking, discharge or overflow of water or liquids
  • Accidental glass breakage of building related items such as window glass, other fixed glass, shower screens, basins, baths and toilets.

In addition to the sum insured for your building under your Woolworths Building Insurance, you are also protected by the following additional benefits:

  • Legal liability homeowner’s liability cover, against the costs associated with being sued for damage or injury arising from your negligence
  • Removal of building debris and any architectural or council fees when loss or damage occurs.

Find out more about the types of home insurance

How to save on your Woolworths Building Insurance

Woolworths Insurance also gives you a number of ways to save on your building insurance cover, including:

  • A 30% discount on your premiums if you purchase your combined home and contents policy online
  • No additional charges to pay your premiums monthly instead of annually
  • Your choice of excess, as the higher the excess you choose, the lower your premiums will be – just remember the excess is the amount you have to pay when you make a claim on your insurance.

Receive a quote for Woolworths Building Insurance

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Ask a question
Go to site