What you need to know about the Woolworths Basics Shop
What's included, how much does it cost and how do I order it? Your questions answered.
Supermarket giant, Woolworths, has just introduced an initiative called the "Woolworths Basics Shop" to selected Victorian postcodes.
The idea is similar to the Woolworths Basics Box that was developed in March of this year. Customers will get to choose between three grocery bundles that are designed to provide more than a week's worth of supplies.
The options include:
- Woolworths Chilled Basics ($42) – This includes red meat, sausages, bread, orange juice, cheese, deli meat, butter and yoghurt.
- Woolworths Fresh Basics ($43) – This includes bananas, blueberries, apples, pumpkin, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms.
- Woolworths Grocery Basics ($57) – This includes rice, pasta, pasta sauce, tuna, oats, cereal, baked beans, canned soup, diced tomatoes, savoury crackers, sweet biscuits, chocolate, spreads, tea, long-life juice, flour, toilet paper and hand soap.
Who can order the Basics Shop?
The new Woolworths Basics Shop isn't targeted to everyone. It is specifically for vulnerable customers, including the elderly, people living with a disability or compromised immunity, or anyone in mandatory isolation.
Orders can be made on behalf of someone or as a gift, so if you're looking to cheer up a friend in quarantine, this is a great option that's sure to put a smile on their face.
How to order a Basics Shop?
To do so, you will need a Woolworths online account.
Once you've done that, the process is surprisingly easy and ordering online should only take a few minutes.
There is a limit of six bundles per order, with two orders per account each week. Delivery fees apply, and a minimum spend of $50 applies. This means that you will need to include other things in your shop to make up the difference.
For more information and to see if it's available in your area, click here.
- Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
- Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
- Interview: RAQ founder talks Abbie Chatfield swim collection
- Best fashion boxing day sales that are happening now
- Santa in transit: Aussies concerned about delayed gift deliveries
Main image: Woolworths