Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will let you dual-wield any combination of weapons you want
Equip a rocket launcher in one hand and a hatchet in the other, because why not?
As part of PlayStation's E3 Live show, Wolfenstein developer MachineGames has revealed some new details about its upcoming game Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. The trippy-looking alternate-history shooter, revealed during Bethesda's E3 press conference, will move away from the previous game's linearity by emphasising three distinct playstyles: stealth, tactical, and mayhem. Over the course of the game, you'll find contraptions that tailor to each of these playstyles, unlocking new abilities such as a Battle Walker that lets you leap up to higher ground and use verticality to get the drop on enemies.
MachineGames also revealed that dual-wielding will be getting an upgrade in The New Colossus, with the ability to dual-wield any combination of weapons you like. For example, you could sneak around with a silenced pistol in one hand and a double-barrelled shotgun in the other, just in case things go sideways.
We'll be covering E3 all week. You can catch up on all the news and announcements from the show at our E3 2017 hub.
- E3 2017: Microsoft showed four times more games this year
- E3 2017 by the numbers: 55% more gameplay on show than E3 2016
- E3 2017 by the numbers: The Age of Exclusivity is coming to an end
- E3 2016 vs E3 2017: 60% increase in new IP reveals at E3 2017
- 49 games shown at E3 2017 slated to release this year