Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus imagines what a Nazi superhero show would look like
Blitzmensch is what Batman would be under Nazi rule.
Bethesda is nailing it with its trailers for the upcoming alternate-history shooter Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. After tripping us out with the reveal trailer back at E3, the studio today has ramped up the absurdity with a fake commercial for what a superhero TV show might look like in a world ruled by the Nazi regime.
The video is a brilliant send-up of 60s TV shows like Batman, with cheesy onomatopoeia and blatant propaganda in full force. We kind of want to watch a full episode, just to see how ludicrous it could be.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is set to release on PS4, Xbox One and PC on 27 October. We recently went hands-on with the game, and though the build we played was in rough shape, we're still looking forward to taking the full game for a spin soon.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits