Find the winter wedding dress of your dreams with our roundup of top picks, trends and retailers in the know.
You're about to say I do and you want to look chic as hell, sans teeth chatter. Whether you're looking for elegant options involving sleeves, or something you can throw a shawl or jacket on over the top, these retailers have off-the-rack options - no appointments needed.
Put your Pinterest boards aside, ladies, and read on for the prettiest (and most affordable!) bridal gowns on the market this winter.
~ Retailers stocking wedding dresses ~
~ Shop winter wedding dresses ~
These are the beauties you can get away with wearing in the chilly months, shop styles with sleeves or find a cute cardi to cover up your shoulders.
Sheer and chic wedding dresses
Body Frock Bridal Sunflower Strapless Lace Dress
Stevie May Capture Me Maxi Dress $299.00
Wedding dresses with a twist
Asilio A Love Like That Dress $379.95
Fame & Partners
Wedding gowns for the modern woman
Estelle Two Piece $299
Fame & Partners
Short and sweet styles for the bride-to-be
ASOS BRIDAL Long Sleeve Lace Mini Dress $347.00
Vero Moda Flare Mini Lace Dress $59.95
Ministry of Style Wild Fox Dress $132.97
~ Winter wedding dress trends for 2016 ~
Straight from the runway, here are the top trends for chic wedding dresses and gowns this season.
- Ballroom ballerina styles: Channel your inner Cinderella and look to ethereal dresses that will take everyone's breath away.
- Colour: We saw deep romantic berry reds on the runway alongside gothic blacks for the edgy modern bride. Not so much your style? Opt for softer shades of pale blush and crisp mint.
- Two-piece twinsets: A little midriff and sleeves is a winning winter gown combo this season. Match your own or buy the set together.
- Bridal suits and pant styles: The modern woman can be sleek and chic in a beautifully tailored suit.
- A feather finish: This can be bold and dramatic or soft and delicate; either way, feathers are in.
- Beautiful outerwear: Particularly favourable during the colder months, a soft throw or cute cropped jacket will keep you cosy if you're wearing strapless or sleeveless styles.
~ Tips for buying your dream dress ~
- Stick to your budget: Be realistic about what you can afford and stay within your means.
- Flaunt your best assets: Look for dress styles that you know will compliment your body.
- Start looking, stat: It can take a lot longer than expected to find your perfect wedding gown and have the alterations made, so start the search early on.
- Consider a different colour palette: It's 2016, people! Try a shade of soft blush or mint as an alternative to white.
- Buy a dress that fits you now: If you have plans to lose a couple of kilos before the big day, do it before committing to a dress, as you want to know exactly how it fits your figure. Alterations are a lot easier to take it in rather than fitting into a dress that's too small.
- Bring a second opinion: Having your mum or best friend by your side makes the dress buying process very special (and helps you narrow down the options!).
- Be comfortable: This is an exhausting day, so wear something you feel fantastic and comfy in.
Why shop at finder.com.au for winter wedding dresses?
Every online retailer and site holds the promise of giving you the best selection of dresses available in the market. So what sets finder.com.au apart from all the rest? Here are a few reasons.
- Saves money. finder.com.au offers customers ways to save on purchases by using promo codes and taking advantage of deals and discounts being offered by all the top retailers. So as you plan your wedding, you will be happy to know that you can save some money and still get exactly what you need.
- Convenience. One of the major benefits of online shopping is its convenience. finder.com.au gives you the chance to check out all the available options in the market without having to physically move from one shop to another. This means that you can work around your busy schedules and still get the dress you dream of. Additionally, you can compare your favourite dresses with your bridesmaids regardless of where they are.
- Retailer reviews. Make sure that the retailer of your choice provides excellent services and products by checking out reviews from previous customers. We only work with reliable retailers, but it is still good to do your homework.
- Shipping costs. You can get your dresses shipped to wherever you are and benefit from the affordable shipping costs offered by all our retailers. To top it off, some of our orders come with free shipping.
Current deals and specials