Up to 20% off WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo tickets
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is the place to meet the Aussie Big Five in the big city. That's the koala, kangaroo, platypus, wombat and the saltwater croc.
Those aren't the only critters roaming around this joint. Solely dedicated to Australian animals, you'll discover everything from cassowaries and sugar gliders to frilled neck lizards and scrub pythons under this roof.
We've found great discounts and deals to keep costs down on your next visit.
WILD LIFE Sydney promo codes and discounts
WILD LIFE Sydney's coronavirus (COVID-19) policy
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is open with COVID-19 health and safety measures in place. Current opening hours are Thursdays to Mondays from 10am to 4pm. Bookings are essential as entries are timed to limit numbers.
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo review
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is great for young families searching for a fun and educational activity. It's also not a bad option for a date.
What I love about this zoo is that it's all about Australian animals. There are kangaroos, koalas, platypus, Tasmanian devils and a massive saltwater crocodile. The keepers are super friendly and being a smaller zoo the kiddies won't get too tired by the end of it.
Stephanie went to WILD LIFE Sydney on 29 August 2020 as a guest of the zoo.
What I liked
- Location: Unlike other Sydney Zoos where you have to travel a fair way out, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is smack bang in the middle of the city.
- All Australian animals: WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is one of the few zoos in Sydney that's dedicated to Australian native wildlife. Others are Featherdale Sydney Wildlife in Doonside and the Australian Reptile Park in Somersby which are less convenient to get to if you're staying in the CBD.
- Indoors: WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is an indoor zoo which makes it ideal for rainy days.
- Family friendly: From its modest size to its ramps and minimal steps, parents with prams should have no issue getting around this zoo.
What I didn't like
- Size: While its size may work for tourists on a limited schedule and families with limited attention spans, those searching to spend a day at the zoo (literally) will be disappointed. The average time spent at WILD LIFE is one to two hours.
- Lack of interactivity: Due to COVID-19 keeper talks and some interactive exhibits such as the Crocodile Encounter were removed to maintain physical distancing. To get around this, talks were digitised. Under normal circumstances I'm sure the zoo would be buzzing but due to COVID-19 the lack of interactivity took something away from it.
More guides on Finder
F1 world title: How Max Verstappen can become champion this weekend
There are 4 ways Max Verstappen can win the F1 title in the Saudi Arabian GP. We've laid them all out.
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Binance tutorial for total beginners (2021) – Hands-on steps to buying crypto
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Kayo Sports, Australia's leading sports streaming platform, is offering a ridiculous deal for a short time.
Ask an Expert