7 of the best companies for Whitsundays tours and sailings
Adventure and relaxation await on one of the Whitsundays’ wonderfully idyllic islands.
Explore the Whitsunday Islands’ endless beaches, dip into crystalline waters and witness the majesty of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef up close.
This ultimate getaway destination on the Great Barrier Reef is made up of 74 mostly-uninhabited islands. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t visit them; you just need to know who to go with, which is where our guide comes in handy.
Check out how you can see the Whitsundays beyond Hamilton Island with these companies.
1. STA Travel
Just because you’re living the student life doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice a well-deserved break to the Whitsundays. With STA Travel, backpackers and youths can can laze on the beach for a budget price.
- Activities available: Snorkelling, diving, massages and sailing.
- Tour styles: Relaxation, adventure and beach experiences.
- Tour duration: 2-6 days
Go to STA Travel website
View coupon code for STA Travel
Viator handpicks tours and experiences from around the world and lays them out for you to browse, so you can choose and book the exact tour to suit your needs and budget. From skydives to multi-day sailings, there’s dozens of tours to choose from.
- Activities available: Jet skiing, sailing, crocodile safaris, snorkelling, rafting, scenic flights, segway tours and hop-on hop-off buses.
- Tour styles: Beach experiences, relaxation, cruises and land adventures.
- Tour duration: 1-14 days.
Go to Viator website
View coupon code for Viator
3. Flight Centre
This leading Australian travel agency offers all types of Whitsunday tours, from sailing adventures to island hoppers right down to golf stays. Plus, it’s a one-stop shop for everything you need from flights to accommodation to tours. You name it, Flight
- Activities available: Scuba diving, spas, crocodile safaris, sailing, golf and scenic flights.
- Tour styles: Beach experiences, relaxation, cruises, nature and wildlife.
- Tour duration: 1-2 days.
Go to Flight Centre website
View coupon code for Flight Centre
Working with some of the biggest names in the industry and offering 65 different options, booking site TourRadar has one of the biggest selections of Whitsunday tours at the most competitive prices.
- Activities available: Bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, sailing, 4x4, snorkelling, bushwalking, cruising, sheep shearing, skydiving and hot air ballooning.
- Tour styles: Cultural, nature, adventure, independent tours and beach experiences.
- Tour duration: 1-44 days.
Go to TourRadar website
View coupon code for TourRadar
The youthful Contiki brand groups you with like-minded souls who love to get out, explore, have fun and be sociable. Its Whitsunday tours are predominantly sailing and surfing trips, so prepare for an unforgettable adventure.
- Activities available: Bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, sailing, 4x4, snorkelling, bushwalking, skydiving and hot air ballooning.
- Tour styles: Discovery, high energy and explorer.
- Tour duration: 5-12 days.
Go to Contiki website
View coupon code for Contiki
6. G Adventures
Want a coastal adventure that covers the Whitsundays and more? G Adventures might be what you’re looking for. Its tours travel up the coast and through the heart of the nation to give you the complete Australian experience.
- Activities available: Sailing, 4x4, bushwalks, whitewater rafting, skydiving and bungee jumping.
- Tour styles: Classic tours and Yolo (budget) tours
- Tour duration: 10-28 days.
Go to G Adventures website
View coupon code for G Adventures
Adventure travel specialist Peterpans understands that an epic tour of the Whitsundays should be fun, sociable and cheap, so it offers heaps of party boats for youths and backpackers who love to mingle and all at a bang-on good price.
- Activities available: Snorkelling, scuba diving, dolphin spotting, sailing, jet boating, 4x4 and skydiving.
- Tour styles: Budget, social, adventure and flashpacker.
Top deals on Whitsunday tours and flights
Great Barrier Reef cruises and snorkelling trips form $90
Book a cruise, snorkelling, or diving trip out to the Great Barrier Reef from just $90 per person.
Four nights in the Whitsundays plus flights from $799pp
Get return flights and four nights’ stay in 4-star accommodation in the Whitsundays from $799pp. Price is based on twin share.
Fly to Hamilton Island with Virgin Australia from $145pp one way
Get to paradise quickly, cheaply and luxuriously by booking with Virgin Australia.
Whitsunday tours, experiences and transfers from $20
Sort out your holiday itinerary at a bargain price with Viator’s array of Whitsunday tours.
2-day Whitsunday cruising packages from $375pp
Spend a weekend cruising through the Whitsundays from $375pp. Price based on dorm share.