Macquarie Bank is the issuer of Woolworths credit cards, and gives cardholders many ways to make repayments.
Woolworths credit cards offer a range of store-specific benefits and rewards. They also come with standard credit card features and give you a range of options for making repayments. Here, we look at all the ways you can pay off your Woolworths credit card balance, whether you want to do it in person, with a cheque or online.
Where can I pay my Woolworths credit card bill?
You can pay off your Woolworths credit card in any of the following ways:
|In person at Woolworths or Big W||You can make repayments towards your Woolworths credit card by visiting any Woolworths supermarket or Big W store.|
|Direct debit||You can authorise direct debits to come from an approved Australian transaction or savings account.|
|BPAY||You can use a nominated transaction or savings accounts to make repayments via BPAY. The BPAY biller code for Woolworths is 17574, and your credit card number serves as the customer reference number.|
|Cheque||You always have the option of mailing out a cheque along with a corresponding payment slip to the address you find on your credit card statement.|
|Mobile app||You can use the Woolworths Money app to make repayments towards your credit card. You can download this app from the App Store or Google play.|
Woolworths and Macquarie Bank can make other methods of payment available at any time, so check your credit card statement for additional options that may be available to you.
What else should I consider when paying my Woolworths credit card bill?
Using a Woolworths credit card requires that you make timely repayments, so it’s important that you consider the following factors.
- Processing time. The repayments you make toward your credit card account will not show up in your account immediately. It can take several days for the transaction to be processed, so don’t wait until your due date to make your repayments.
- No repayments from overseas accounts. You cannot make repayments using an overseas account.If you’re overseas at the time a payment is due, you still have to make a repayment using one of the methods listed on your statement.
- Payments in foreign currency. You have to make payments in Australian dollars, unless Macquarie Bank agrees to vary this condition. If the bank accepts a payment in a foreign currency, it will convert it to Australian dollars based on the standard exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
- Direct debits. If you’re setting up direct debits, it is your responsibility to ensure that the nominated account has sufficient funds on the date of the scheduled transfer. If you have insufficient funds in your account, you could have to pay a direct debit dishonour fee to your financial institution as well as to Macquarie Bank.
What Woolworths credit cards are available?
Rates last updated March 30th, 2017.
- Newcastle Permanent Building Society Fixed Rate Home Loan - 2 Years Fixed (Standard Rate)
Comparative rate increases by 0.04% | Interest rate increases by 0.25%
February 13th, 2017
Woolworths offers two credit cards, with different features that we’ve outlined below.
Woolworths Qantas Platinum Credit Card
This credit card is linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program, and currently offers new cardholders 30,000 bonus points. You also earn 1 Qantas points for every dollar spent on purchases and bill payments, with the potential for more points when you shop at partner merchants. This card comes with a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 14 months. It charges an ongoing annual fee of $169, but you pay a discounted $99 annual fee for the first year.
Woolworths Everyday Credit Card
The Woolworths Everyday Platinum Credit Card gives you the ability to earn rewards in the form of Woolworths Shopping Cards. You can earn 3 points per dollar for selected products at Woolworths and BWS, 2 points per dollar for other items purchased at Woolworths and BWS, as well as partner stores such as Caltex and Dan Murphys, and 1 point per dollar everywhere else. These points convert to a Woolworths Shopping Card once every four months. This card also comes with a promotional 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 14 months. It has an annual fee of $49 that is waived in the first year you have the account.
Paying your Woolworths credit card bill is easy with so many different options available. If you’re thinking of getting a Woolworths credit card, or already have one and want to make a change, comparing a range of other options will help you find the right card for you - and give you just as many payment methods.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum I have to repay each month?
This depends on the closing balance of your account at the end of a billing cycle, and it is usually a percentage of the closing balance.
How often to I receive statements?
You can expect to receive a statement once each month, unless no amount credits or debits in your account during the given statement period.