Where to watch HBO’s The Pacific online in Australia
HBO’s The Pacific looks at the true stories of American soldiers during World War II and the harrowing experiences they faced.
Imagine being barely old enough to drive and instead of going to school, you're sent halfway across the world to a war so horrible and severe that society has still not fully healed.
HBO’s The Pacific follows the real-life stories of three US Marines (Robert Leckie, John Basilone and Eugene Sledge) during World War II. The series takes place across the vast area of the Pacific Theatre where the three young men were deployed, ranging from the battle against Japan in Guadalcanal, the sands of Iwo Jima, the horrors of Okinawa and the eventual Victory Day.
With the cycle of endless soldiers entering the Pacific Theatre, the show is a fast-paced depiction of war that history buffs will enjoy watching. HBO’s The Pacific is a continuation of the 2001 miniseries Band of Brothers.
While The Pacific premiered on HBO, there are a few ways to watch the show online in Australia. Here is where to find them.
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious
- This week in streaming: Brave a haunted house with Netflix or fend off The Walking Dead with Foxtel