Where to watch Mindhunter online in Australia
A pair of American FBI agents take the first big step to changing how we deal with mental illness and criminals.
Mindhunter is set in the late 1970s during a period of high crime and violent criminals popping up all over the United States.
Agents Holden Ford (Jonathan Groff) and Bill Tench (Holt McCallany) work to develop new profiling techniques by studying serial killers. They are the first to approach and interview some of the most horrible criminals in history in an effort to understand why these killers commit the acts they do.
The character of Holden Ford is based on the real FBI agent who developed the current theory of criminal profiling. John E. Douglas interviewed an array of violent criminals to create the working theory of criminology. These included some of the most famous serial killers in history, including Edmund Kemper, John Wayne Gacy and Charles Manson.
The series is a gritty look into the attitude of the late 70s in America as well as the attitude of law enforcement and criminals during this time. Neither side is painted in a particularly good light. The killers come off worse, but the prejudice of the police officers and the FBI is also shown. Considering that Mindhunter was directed by David Fincher, the director behind Se7en and other notoriously bleak films, this comes as no surprise.
To watch Mindhunter online in Australia, look at the links below for each season.
- This week in streaming: Arrival tackles xenolinguistics and Sabrina bewitches her way to Netflix
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel