Why you need to switch to face oils now
Plus, the best products on the market right now and where you can buy them.
For a very long time, the idea of putting oil on your face was a big no no. But today, face oils are one of the biggest trends in beauty and skincare. Richly hydrating and skin balancing, if you get the right one, a face oil will change your whole beauty routine.
One of the key reasons that face oils are so good for your skin is that they have a smaller molecular structure compared with other emollients. As a result, they can move deeper into the skin rather than just sitting on top like other moisturisers with bigger molecules might. Oils hydrate and nourish on a deeper level. Also, many face oils are also packed with anti-oxidants which fight the free radicals that cause our skin to age and wrinkle. They can also contain loads of vitamins like skin clearing vitamin A and pigmentation correcting vitamin c.
If you've got oily skin, you're probably still not convinced, but let me tell you, face oil can be great for oil skin too. Oily and congested skin problems can sometimes be caused by a lack of oil. If you're using a harsh cleanser or another product that is stripping all the oil from your skin, then skin goes into overdrive, producing more oil to compensate. This problem can be easily balanced out by a face oil. Returning moisture and hydration deep into the skin can stop skin from overproducing oil.
The true key to face oils is finding the one that works for you. Different oils have different properties and work in different ways. It's a good idea to speak to a skin therapist or dermatologist if you're unsure about what to try. For now, here's a list of some of the most popular oils you can buy and what they do.
- Jojoba oil - Closely resembles oil naturally occurring in our skin, helps to control oil production.
- Argan oil - Intensely hydrating and rich in vitamin A and E.
- Rosehip oil - Rich in types of vitamin A which repairs ageing and sun spots.
- Macadamia oil - Medium weight oil that is chemically similar to our naturally occurring oils so it's very balancing.
- Grapeseed oil - Packed with beta-carotene and vitamins D, C, E, used as the base of many skincare products.
- Almond oil - Rich in vitamin E and omegas, great for overall hydration.
- Calendula oil - Very high in flavonoid anti-oxidants which fight ageing.
If you're looking to buy a face oil, here are some of the best (and reasonably priced) products on the market at the moment.
Made from 99% natural seed oils - black cumin, camellia and rosehip - this lightweight daily facial oil instantly replenishes moisture, revive radiance and visibly reduce signs of ageing. The formula is absorbed easily by the skin and leaves no residue, perfect for daily use.
Combining the benefits of rosehip to reduce the signs of ageing, smooth and brighten skin tone and tamanu seed to regenerate and restore skin tissue, this bottle of luxury face oil is the answer to more youthful, radiant and healthier looking skin.
Formulated for patchy and congested skin, the Aesop Fabulous Face Oil uses natural juniper berry and ylang ylang to soften, hydrate and detoxify. Suitable for daily use, it delivers a matte finish and refreshes stressed complexions.
Defy ageing with a treatment oil specially formulated to tackle wrinkles, lines, uneven skin tone and loss of firmness. Made with 100% botanical and essential oils that are potent anti-agers, it also protects the skin against environmental aggressors.
This bottle of pure, organic Rosehip oil is highly effective at treating scars, stretch marks, fine lines, wrinkles and dry and dehydrated skin. Nothing added. No nasties.
The Go-To Face Hero is packed full of essential fatty acids, vitamins, antioxidants from selected plant and nut oils. Designed to hydrate, revive and brighten all skin types, it also nourishes and protects against fine lines, dark spots and inflammation.
Top places to buy face oils
This global beauty giant carries more than 200 global brands of skincare products and cosmetics.
- The Sephora range covers makeup, hair, bath and body and more!
- Sephora Beauty Pass allows you to earn points, receive exclusive discounts and birthday surprises
- Read reviews by other shoppers before making your purchase
Sephora discounts and deals here
Australia’s leading health, beauty and wellbeing retailer has the best beauty buys at affordable prices.
- Beauty products and pharmaceutical goods that won’t break the bank
- Join the loyalty program to earn points, enjoy privileges and paybacks
- Priceline gives back to charities that help women with serious illnesses around Australia
Priceline discounts and deals here
The Body Shop products are inspired by nature, ethically made and never tested on animals.
- Wide range of products from skincare, bath and body to fragrance.
- Free and easy returns up to 30 days after purchase either online or in-store
- Gift cards and special gift sets are available
Visit The Body Shop
The Body Shop discounts and deals here
Nourished Life stocks natural skin care, health and beauty products from the biggest brands in Australia and around the world.
- Extensive range of products include beauty and skincare, organic baby and kids products, health foods and eco clothing.
- Subscribe to get a deluxe sample box of toxin free products sent to you every month
- Price match guarantee
Visit Nourished Life
Nourished Life discounts and deals here
Skincare Store has over 2000 skincare and beauty products from 100 trusted brands to cater to every skin condition.
- Shop by brand, skin condition or active ingredient to find the best product for your skin type.
- Skincare Store website provides detailed skincare information, expert tips and reviews of the latest in beauty products
- No fuss returns within 30 days of purchase
SkincareStore discounts and deals here
Australia’s largest online haircare and beauty store stocks a mind boggling 8000 products from major brands all over the world.
- Buy everything from haircare, skincare, electrical and more!
- Money back and price match guarantee on all products
- 120 days hassle free returns
ry.com.au discounts and deals here
StrawberryNET is the place to shop for discount perfume, skincare and makeup products.
- Great range of products at discounted prices
- All products are 100% genuine, fresh and subjected to strict quality control tests
- Register for order tracking and access to exclusive discounts and offers
StrawberryNET discounts and deals here
Australia’s favorite department store takes pride in their exceptional service and one of the biggest selection of makeup and skincare products.
- Competitive pricing on local and international brands
- Signature David Jones high level of customer experience and helpful service
- Option to buy online and collect your item from any David Jones store at your convenience
Visit David Jones
David Jones discounts and deals here
This iconic beauty brand is known for its award-winning and innovative solutions in tanning, sun care and natural beauty products.
- ModelCo products are innovative and uses high quality ingredients that do not damage your skin
- ModelCo website has great beauty tips, celebrity trends and how-to’s.
- All ModelCo products are cruelty free
ModelCo discounts and deals here
Top brands at discounted prices with expert beauty advice is what you will get when you shop at Alive Skin + Hair.
- Experienced and fully trained team is on hand to help you pick the right products for your skin, hair and body.
- Earn reward points everytime you shop to redeem cash discounts on future purchases
- AfterPay option available for orders between $149 - $800
Visit Alive Skin + Hair
Alive Skin + Hair discounts and deals here
Urban Outfitters offers more than the latest in fashion and clothing. Check out their extensive beauty and wellness products.
- Be part of the UO Community for beauty tips, inspos and first access to the latest beauty products
- Sign up for their loyalty program for exclusive access and earn rewards
- 24 hours live chat service
Visit Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters discounts and deals
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- Sephora: Free delivery for all orders above $55
- Priceline: Free delivery on all orders above $100
- The Body Shop: Free delivery on all orders above $100
- Nourished Life: Free delivery on all orders above $99
- SkinCare Store: Free delivery on all orders above $49
- Ry.com.au: Free delivery on all orders above $99
- StrawberryNET: Free delivery on all orders above $40 (Additional charges for fragrance-only orders apply)
- David Jones: Free delivery on all orders above $100
- ModelCo: Free delivery on all orders above $59
- Alive Skin and Hair: Free delivery on all orders above $89
- Urban Outfitters: Free delivery on all orders above $50
Discounts and sales on skincare
Free ASAP Best Seller Duos
Get the ASAP Best Seller Duos for free when you spend $79 or more on makeup at FacialCo. Use code at checkout to avail free gift.
1/2 price off cosmetics
1/2 price of RRP on Big Brand Cosmetics. Shop now!
StrawberryNET - Up to 10% Extra Off each order Loyalty Bonus
Get up to 10% Extra Off each order Loyalty Bonus at Macy's.
Free sample with purchase
Receive a free sample when you make a purchase with Sephora. Only while stocks last.
Receive free shipping at Sephora when you spend over $55.
Up to 80% off fragrances, vitamins, beauty products and more
Get up to 80% off fragrances, vitamins, beauty products and more at Chemist Warehouse.
My Beauty Spot - Save up to $70 on female fragrances
You can now save up to $70 on top selling female fragrances only while shopping online at My Beauty Spot
10% cash back when you purchase a treatment
Every time you book, Vaniday will give you 10% of the treatment value to spend on future treatments you love.
$5 off $150 spend
Get $5 off $150 spend at Chemist Warehouse
Two free treats
Get two free treat from Clinique with any order
Free shipping with any purchase over $100
Get free shipping from CLINIQUE with any purchase over $100
Get 10% off by using the code at SkinB5.