14 sites to book campervan hire in Australia
Find the ultimate campervan for an epic trip across the nation for any budget and style.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Looking to travel on a budget? Perhaps you're after a weekend getaway? Hiring a campervan ticks all the boxes.
We've found the best caravan hire companies in Australia to rent your home-away-from-home. Plus, all the deals to save you money – to put towards extra splurges around the country, naturally.
Best campervan hire companies for price
A great way to weed out the cheapest price is through a campervan hire aggregator. These search for different companies and booking sites to bring all your options into one place. You can then compare everything from size and fees to bonus extras to pick the campervan that works for you.
As it's a highly competitive space most of them offer a price-match guarantee, too.
Find your perfect set of wheels at the perfect price by comparing rentals from 200 companies in over 45 countries worldwide.
- Price beat guarantee so you'll never pay anything more for your hire
- Compare motorhomes and RVs across 200+ suppliers in 2,500 pick-up locations around the world
- No booking fees
- Free amendments on most rentals
- 24/7 online support in eight languages
- Excellent (4.3-star) customer rating on Trustpilot
This Aussie owned and operated company lets you compare prices and book with confidence with excellent (4.3-star) ratings by Australian customers on Trustpilot.
- Over 1,600 Australian locations
- Price guarantee promises to beat any Australian or New Zealand business by 10%
- No hidden fees or booking fees
- No middle man when booking
- 100% Australian owned and operated
Compare campervan hire prices worldwide and find some of the newest campervan models up to 25% cheaper than competitors when you book with VroomVroomVroom.
- Compares major brands worldwide for the best deal
- App for easy and convenient booking
- No booking or cancellation fees
- Price promise will beat a cheaper offer found within three days by $20
- Earn flybuys, Virgin Velocity or Qantas Frequent Flyer points with your booking
4. Best for one-way trips: CampervanFinder
Travel Australia on a budget with a campervan hire at Campervan Finder that helps you find the best price from over 50 retailers across the country.
- Options to return to a different location, which some campervan hire companies don't allow
- Lowest price guarantee
- No booking fees
- Customer service help seven days a week with staff that speak five languages
Best campervan hire companies for backpackers and youths
Compact no-frills rides offer easy-to-drive vehicles that are kind to the hip pocket. These budget-friendly rides often include your basics such as bedding and cooking equipment but don't have any self-contained facilities such as showers and toilets.
As they're pegged at a younger market, they accept drivers 18+ years old and sometimes don't charge a young-renter surcharge that more luxurious campervan companies do.
Have no surprises when you book with Spaceships Rentals as there are no hidden costs and plenty of bonuses including no extra fees for 18-21 year olds.
- No hidden fees and unlimited kilometres included
- One-way deals available with no extra fees
- Free airport transfers with 21+ day booking and standard insurance included
It's easy to travel on a budget with the options and deals available at Hippie Camper.
- Campers are built in the standard van class offering a compact easy-to-drive vehicle
- Provides all living equipment, maps and campsites guides
- Ages 18+ can hire
- Offers discounted relocation rates
Hire a campervan with one of the most popular campervan hire companies in the country for ages 18-35.
- Offers rental for ages 18+
- Find a cheap hire with relocation deals
- Unlimited kilometres included
- Price match on the same or similar types of campervans
- Campers range from 2-berth sleepers to 4-berth condos
4. Wicked Campers
Ride in style with one of the wildly decorated minicampers and campervans from Wicked Campers.
- Price beat guarantee means that Wicked Campers will beat the price on a similar vehicle for the same travel dates by 10%
- Pick up and drop off from 14 locations across Australia
- Campers are compact ranging from 2-3 seaters making them ideal for small groups
- 2-berth campers from $50 a day
Best campervan hires for families and large groups
When there's a bunch of you and you've got little ones in tow, comfortable campervans are a must. They give everyone a little room to breathe, often include toilets and showers (so you won't have to pull up on the side of the road when they need to go), have equipped kitchenettes to satisfy hunger at all hours and TVs and DVDs to keep everyone entertained.
Naturally, they often come with a higher price tag and are for more luxurious travellers.
Known for its spacious rides, Britz's fleet of campervans features everything from 2-berth HiTops to 6-birth campervans with showers and toilets providing luxury for large parties.
- Lets you easily compare all of Britz's models side-by-side
- Price Match means that if you find a competitor with a cheaper offer within 24 hours after booking then Britz will match the price
- First campervan hire company in Australia to receive eco accreditation through Ecotourism Australia
- Option to purchase used campervans
2. Maui Rentals
Find top deals of up to 60% off with when you book with this trusted New Zealand company.
- Free services include linen exchange and valet service
- Has motorhomes to accommodate 2-6 adults
- Luxurious extras can include an exterior slide-out barbeque, front swivel seats and bench, and generous storage space
- Committed to the environment, Maui Rentals has received ecotourism accreditation and is a part of the Leave No Trace program
3. Aussie Campervans
Find awesome deals with Aussie Campervans, an Australian-owned campervan hire company with pick-up and drop-off locations in all major destinations in Australia.
- No hidden fees
- All contracts offer unlimited kilometres
- Offers one-way rentals
- Lowest price guaranteed
Best campervan rental marketplaces
Campervan owners have jumped on the sharing economy trend and have put their vehicles up for hire when they're not in use. This lets you find affordable campervans for specific needs (for example, pet friendliness) that you can hire from your neighbour.
A marketplace for campervans, trailers, RVs and classic As that started in The States and is taking the world by storm.
- Available around the world, including the USA, Australia and New Zealand
- Over 5,000 reviews with a 4.87 average rating on its site
- All motorhomes are owned privately by individuals
- 100% free, 24/7 roadside assistance with your hire
- Refer a friend (renter or owner) to earn Outdoorsy credit
Camplify lets you find a unique ride from Australians who rent out their campervans and you can speak to directly.
- Find the perfect campervan for you from caravans to hybrids, motorhomes and more
- Book campervans from as little as $40 a night
- Insurance included in all prices quoted
- 24/7 NRMA roadside assitance included with every rental
- All members are verified
A rideshare for campervanning, Camptoo lets you hire out or hire some else's campervan which offers a large range of family motorhomes and caravans.
- Available in Melbourne, Queensland, Sydney, Tasmania, Perth and Adelaide
- Pay in instalments with 50% due at booking and 50% due 8 weeks before pick-up
- All motorhomes are owned privately by individuals
- Rental insurance included
- Pet-friendly vehicles are available
Frequently asked questions about campervan hire
How much does it cost to hire a campervan in Australia?
The type of vehicle, location of pick-up and drop-off, season, availability, luxurious extras and the company you book through all play a part in the cost to hire your vehicle.
Generally speaking, you can find rentals as low as $40-$50 a day for a 2-berth campervan with a no-frills company such as Wicked Campers. At this price, you can expect a small, shared bed, ice cooler and gas cooker, cutlery and kitchen utensils and a cap on the number of kilometres you can drive per day.
At the higher end of the scale are 6-berth campers with a high-end brand such as Britz or Maui. These can cost from $380 a day and are self-contained with a toilet, shower, hot water, bedding, fully equipped kitchen with cooktop, microwave, kettle and fridge. You can also expect unlimited kilometres per day, a TV and DVD player and indoor and outdoor chairs in your cost.
Which of these retailers offer 8-berth motorhomes?
- Wicked Campers
Which of these companies offer 6-berth motorhomes?
- Motorhome Republic
- Maui Rentals
- Aussie Campervans
- Campervan Hire
Is renting an RV cheaper than a hotel?
This depends on the quality of your RV and the quality of the hotel you're comparing it to.
While you can rent a cheap campervan for as little as $50 a day, you may also have to consider holiday park costs if you're not keen on a free camp site or if there aren't any available. This can add up and potentially make it more worthwhile to hire a car instead and book a hotel for the night.
Search for motorhomes and campervans
Powered by: Motorhome Republic
Campervan hire deals
More guides on Finder
Cheap campervan hire
Catch the latest deals for cheap campervan hire in Australia. Brands include Hippie Campers, Jucy and Spaceships.
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Best caravan parks in Kalbarri, Western Australia
Base yourself moments away from the West Coast’s Kalbarri National Park.
Best caravan parks in Kingscliff
Find the perfect place to sleep in this laid-back town on the Tweed Coast.
Best caravan parks in Halls Gap
Discover the top caravan parks in Halls Gap for easy access to Grampians National Park.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Best caravan parks in Noosa
Find the best caravan parks in Noosa and discover the perfect base for exploring the Noosa everglades, Noosa National Park and even heading over to Fraser Island.
Ask an Expert