Here's your on-trend guide of what to wear to Splendour in the Grass 2017
Take a scroll through your Instagram feed in the days surrounding Australia's most popular music festival and chances are you'll be flooded with a barrage of envy-inducing snaps from every street-style star, IT-girl and blogger in attendance. You see, the festival culture of today has shifted significantly. Gone are the days of wear whatever because the music is the main thing, now it's as much a fashion show as it is a music event.
You and your girl gang need to look a solid 10/10, and with Splendour in the Grass 2017 just around the corner, time is tickin' to get your outfits in order. Here's a roundup of festival outfit essentials to keep you looking Instagram-worthy (ensuring mass likes) and the retailers you can rely on for last minute clothing prep.
READ MORE: The SITG setlist predictions for 2016
~ Splendour in the Grass 2016 outfit guide ~
Channel your inner free-spirited metallic flash tattoos and floating dresses.
Look polished and chic, when you step into SITG wearing designer labels.
That seventies style
Fringing, flares and flower crowns are a must-have for this festival trend.
A classic band tee, denim cut offs and a leather jacket. Bandana mandatory.
Outfit emergency? No problems.
These local retailers will be your go-to in the lead up to Splendour in the Grass 2016.
- THE ICONIC - In Sydney? Check out with 3 hour delivery. In Brisbane or Melbourne? You can order before 10:30am and have it arrive tonight, or before 2pm for it to arrive tomorrow. See the website for more information.
- General Pants - Orders placed before 2pm will arrive the following day with express shipping. Free on orders above $75 or $10 for orders below.
- Showpo - Orders placed before 3pm will arrive the following day with express shipping. It's free on orders over $50 and $7 for orders below.
- Beginning Boutique - Metro customers can have your order tomorrow if you order before 12pm with free express shipping (on orders over $50).
- Princess Polly - Metro customers can have your order tomorrow if you order before 3pm with free express shipping (on orders over $50).
- StyleTread - Sydneysiders in the metro area can select 3 hour delivery at checkout (before 2pm) for $12.95.
- David Jones - Order by 4pm for next day delivery ($12) or opt for in-store pick up. For same day delivery you can order before 1pm ($15).
- Surfstitch - Free express shipping on orders over $50 placed before 2pm and $5.95 on orders below.
Where to shop the trend based on your budget: Cheap 'n chic
For the twenty-something girl addicted to fashion, Princess Polly is cute 'n quirky with all the right brands and all the right styles.
- Free express shipping for orders over $50
- Returns up to 30 days
- Free returns if your order is $100 or more
Where to shop the trend based on your budget: A la luxe -
Discover international and Australian brands made for the free spirited woman in mind, E.G.: Sass & Bide and Stevie May.
- 100 days to return items for a refund or exchange
- 3 hour delivery to Sydney metropolitan areas
- Free delivery for any order over $20 or more
Fall in love with Zimmermann prints, Chloé's stunning collection of sandals and luxurious knits by Jac + Jack.
- Free shipping for orders over $50
- Same day delivery to Sydney metro area.
- Free Click & Collect at any store
- Returns in-store or via post
READ MORE: How to make your clothes look more expensive