The Sony PlayStation has a free football club available right now that ties directly into the UEFA Champions League: here’s everything you need to know.
Sony PlayStation has been a long-serving supporter of the UEFA Champions League, signing on as a sponsor way back in 1997 and currently locked in through to the completion of the 2017/18 season.
That relationship has been strengthened considerably on the PlayStation 4, where a dedicated UEFA Champions League app opens up a world of fun and opportunity for soccer fans that ties the worlds of PlayStation and UEFA together.
Fantasy Football on PlayStation 4
For many soccer fans, the standout feature of PlayStation F.C. is how it ties into the official UEFA Fantasy Football League. You are given a pool of £100 million to spend on players from across the teams in the competition, ultimately building a squad of 15 players (including four substitutes) that you believe will earn the most points in the next round of competition. As the season unfolds, you can transfer players out of form or injured so you can remain competitive, and update certain positions that you think will get the most points based on the competing teams’ tactics.
Your Fantasy Football team then goes up against all the others from around the globe, with bragging rights playing second fiddle to some great prizes including tickets to the final. Where you stand on the PlayStation F.C. leaderboard isn’t solely determined by the points accrued by your fantasy football team, either. There are other ways you can improve your position – here are the three ways to gain points:
- Fantasy Football: As described above, earn points for selecting a team of players from across the Champions League that perform well in the next round of competition.
- Predictor: Take a guess at the score in all the matches unfolding in the next round and earn points based on your accuracy.
- Top Five: Coming in a future update, Top Five will ask you to predict the five best performing players of the coming round for bonus points.
How much does PlayStation F.C. cost?
To get involved with PlayStation F.C. is completely free, however, you will need to have an account with UEFA – thankfully that is also free and you can sign-up direct through the app itself. One of the features of the app isn’t accessible without a PlayStation Plus subscription, and that is the ability to watch classic games from yesteryear. PlayStation Plus costs $9.95 per month in Australia, or $69.95 for a year.
How to Get PlayStation F.C.?
Look for a tile advertising the PlayStation F.C. app on your dashboard, or simply search for it in the PlayStation Store. Once it has been downloaded, you can access it any time.
Five great reasons to use PlayStation F.C.
- Bragging rights and prizes via a UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football competition.
- Vital information from this year’s tournament, such as fixtures, standings, results and statistics.
- With PlayStation Plus, access to a host of classic Champions League matches and extended highlights to watch on demand.
- Regular prize giveaways, including PlayStation Vita systems, PlayStation Store credit and PlayStation Plus memberships, as well as a grand prize of a trip to the Champions League Final.
- It’s free!