Commbank Benefits finder: How much money could you claim?
CBA's Benefits finder tool now includes benefits, rebates and allowances you could be eligible for if you've lost income due to coronavirus.
Benefits finder is a tool in the Commbank app that can help CBA customers find government benefits, allowances, discounts and rebates they could be eligible for. Commbank said on average its customers are able to claim $710 in different rebates and benefits through the tool.
The Benefits finder feature was introduced shortly after the bank launched its new-and-improved mobile app in July last year. It's recently been updated to also help you find government support options that you may be entitled to if you've lost your job or had your income reduced because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The bank has seen double the amount of monthly claims via its Benefits finder tool since the official start of the coronavirus pandemic, as a large number of Australians are in need of some extra financial support at the moment.
By answering a few questions about yourself and your situation, the tool will connect you to all the benefits that you may be eligible to claim. Then if you want to, you can start a claim via the app right away.
What benefits can I find with Commbank's Benefit finder?
If you're already a CBA customer, this can help you find out what you might be eligible for. The Benefit finder tool originally launched with 40 benefits and rebates available to check your eligibility against. Now, CBA customers can check if they're eligible for more than 250 government benefits, rebates, allowances and discounts.
Some of the benefits you may find you're eligible for include:
- Rebates and assistance with your gas and electricity bills
- Refunds or price reductions for your green slip or car registration
- Discounts on the amount you pay towards tolls and other public transport services
- Disability pensions
- Carer allowances
- Assistance with rent costs
- Assistance with mortgage repayments
- JobSeeker payments
- Student allowances
- Family tax benefits
- Unclaimed money and lost superannuation
- Early access to super
How to use the Commbank Benefits finder tool
If you're a CBA customer you can use the tool by following these four steps.
- Download or update the Commbank app. Make sure you've got the latest version of the Commbank app.
- Answer some questions. Go to the Benefits finder tool within the app and answer a few questions about your current situation.
- See what benefits and rebates you can access. The app will present you with a list of the benefits, rebates and allowances you may be eligible to access and how much you could save by doing so.
- Make a claim. If you decide you are eligible to claim against the benefits suggested, you can start a claim within the app.
How to find benefits and rebates if you're not a CBA customer
If you're not a CBA customer you won't be able to access the Benefits finder tool. However, our guide to Centrelink coronavirus support payments outlines all the support options you may be eligible for, including eligibility details for the JobSeeker Payment and Coronavirus Supplement.
If you're a casual worker and you've lost your job because of coronavirus, this guide outlines the support options and benefits available to you and how to make a claim.
If you're struggling to pay your bills and other ongoing expenses, many Australian banks, insurers and utility providers are offering support for customers in need of temporary financial relief. Some banks are also offering support to customers who can't meet personal loan repayments or car loan repayments.
You can head to our coronavirus hub for a complete list of guides and resources on the different support options available to you at the moment, the eligibility criteria and how to access these benefits. Or to receive daily tips on how to save money, download the free Finder app and get suggestions and alerts when you could be saving money on a particular financial product.