Are you a Transport Health member? Find out how else you can benefit.
Transport Health was established back in 1888 to serve the interests of Melbourne tramway workers. Its member base broadened over the years to include all areas of the Australian transport industry and in 2014, it became a fund open to all Australians. Since then it has grown by more than 50% and it now provides health insurance to a large number of Australian singles, couples and families.
Other types of cover available
As well as hospital and extras health cover, Transport Health also provides discounted travel insurance for its members through its partnership with QBE Insurance (Australia).
QBE offers a choice of policies for travel within and outside Australia including Annual Multi-Trip, International Comprehensive, Budget, Australian Comprehensive, Australian Cancellation and Inbound Travel Insurance:
- Annual Multi Trip. Cover for unlimited trips within Australia and internationally, where each trip duration is less than 60 days, in a 12-month period. Includes free cover for accompanying financially dependant children.
- International Comprehensive. Cover for medical and dental expenses, medical and non-medical evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses and more. Includes free cover for accompanying financially dependant children.
- Budget. Limited cover for single international trips for medical and dental expenses, medical evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses and more. Includes free cover for accompanying financially dependant children.
- Australian Comprehensive. Comprehensive cover for travel within Australia including cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses and repatriation. Includes free cover for accompanying financially dependant children.
- Australian Cancellation. Limited cover for travel within Australia for the non-refundable part of pre-paid travel arrangements or additional travel, accommodation and meals.
- Inbound. Cover for non-residents travelling to and within Australia on a temporary basis for medical and cancellation expenses, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more. Includes free cover for accompanying financially dependant children.
What are the benefits of Transport Health?
Transport Health provides some great benefits for its members including:
- 100% back on a range of extras services through its Preferred Provider Scheme
- An easy online claims process with its mobile claiming app (use your phone to take a photo of your receipt and then submit it online)
- With flexible health cover options, you have the ability to be able to create a customised hospital and extras package that best suits your needs
Deals and discounts available to members
Transport Health members also receive a variety of discounts and incentives including:
- A 30% discount on QBE Travel Insurance
- The chance to earn one Qantas point for every two dollars spent on Annual Multi Trip, International and Australian Travel Insurance plans.
- “No Gap” Dental at Primary Dental Centres – includes two check-ups, two scale and cleans and one fluoride treatment per person per year
- 100% back on physiotherapy at Primary Physio Centres – includes one “no gap” initial consultation per person per year, special low physio consultation rates and up to $55 back for consultations depending on your level of cover
- 100% back on optical up to your policy limits at Specsavers – includes “no gap” single and multi-vision glasses options
- 100% back on emergency ambulance