Do you have your health cover with Doctors’ Health Fund? Find out how you can save on travel insurance.
Doctors’ Health Fund is a private health fund established in 1977 to serve the Australian medical community. It gives medical practitioners and their families a choice of hospital and extras cover and is the only health fund created exclusively by doctors for the medical community.
Find out more about Doctors’ Health Fund travel insurance
As well as health insurance, Doctors' Health Fund members have access to discounted travel insurance, thanks to an arrangement with QBE Insurance. Policies you can access as a member include the following:
- Annual Multi-Trip. This policy covers unlimited trips within Australia and internationally for a 12-month period, where each trip duration is less than 60 days. You will get cover for medical and dental as well as for medical and non-medical evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more. It includes cover, at no extra charge, for any financially dependent children under 25 years that accompany you.
- International Comprehensive. This policy provides cover for medical and dental as well as for medical and non-medical evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more. It includes cover, at no extra charge, for financially dependent children that accompany you on the trip.
- Australian Comprehensive. This policy covers cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses, repatriation and other benefits and more for travel within Australia. It includes cover, at no extra charge, for any financially dependent children that accompany you.
- Australian Cancellation. This policy provides limited cover for the non-refundable part of pre-paid travel arrangements or additional travel, accommodation and meals for travel within Australia.
- Inbound Travel Insurance. This policy provides cover to non-residents travelling to and within Australia on a temporary basis. It provides cover for medical and cancellation expenses, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more. It includes cover, at no extra charge, for financially dependent children that are accompanying you on your travels.
What are the benefits of Doctors’ Health Fund?
There are a number of good reasons to join Doctors’ Health Fund:
- No preferred provider arrangements for extras benefits. You choose who you want to treat you.
- Unique Top Cover option. The fund pays benefits up to the Australian Medical Association (AMA) list of services and fees.
- Australia-wide ambulance cover. Australia-wide ambulance cover is included with all hospital policies.
Doctors' Health Fund also offers its members a range of immediate discounts and incentives.
- A 30% discount on QBE travel insurance
- A 2.5% discount when you pay your health insurance premiums annually in advance
- Extras discounts of up to 21% off at a range of preferred optical retailers including OPSM, Laubman & Pank and Specsavers
Compare your options and get health insurance today
- My Health Record: Government extends opt-out period after system issues
- Government announces price cut for major medications
- Parliament approves private health insurance reforms
- Money Hack: Get up to $1,000 cash back on health insurance
- Two major health funds offer premium relief for drought-stricken farmers
- Health funds cover $2.6 billion per annum in dental benefits