Enjoy the freedom of using the most accepted fuel card in Australia with the WEX Motorpass.
The WEX Motorpass fuel card is accepted at over 90% of service stations around Australia, which means less stress for you and your business when you want to fill up on petrol. Read on to discover how you could save on fuel costs and manage your corporate car costs under one account.
|Product Name||WEX Motorpass|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$8|
Review of the WEX Motorpass fuel card
This card is designed to help your business avoid credit card complexity by offering simple solutions for your fuel and car expenses. This card is suited to a variety of business types. WEX Motorpass offers vehicle-only cards which you can tailor to a specific registration number, driver-only cards which has a nominated cardholders who can use the card plus a vehicle and driver card with combines the benefits of both.
Features and benefits of the WEX Motorpass
- Fuel discounts. This card offers discounts on diesel fuel, but this varies from location to location.
- Variety of locations. There are over 5,800 locations across Australia that accept this card so you are not locked into using only one fuel supplier.
- Online account and app. You can access an online account to monitor your usage and control spending where needed. You can also manage your account via the WEX Motorpass mobile app.
- Purchase limits. You can set purchase limits per card or account as well as manage when and how cards are used.
- Control purchases. Primary account holders can control what cardholders have permission to purchase, so you can cater it to suit your business needs. For example, you can restrict the card use to fuel only, vehicle-related expenses or any card charges at all.
- Add a PIN to your card. By adding a PIN to some or all your WEX Motorpass fuel cards, this allows you to stay in control and monitor who has access to the card.
- Flexible payment options. WEX offers flexible payment options that can be tailored to the cash flow of your business through your debit or credit card. You can also set up manual payments, which is available on their website under ‘Make A Payment’.
What does the WEX Motorpass cost?
Here’s a list of what fees you can expect to be charged while using the WEX Motorpass card:
- You’ll be required to pay a monthly fee that varies depending on how many cards you have as well as the limit on the cards.
- If you want to link several cards to the account, there is an additional card fee of $8, as well as a replacement card fee of $8.
- A credit card processing fee of 1.3% for MasterCard and Visa and a 2.1% American Express fee depending on how you pay off the card.
- If you fail to pay your bill on time, you’ll collect a late payment fee of $35 and 4.1% of the overdue amount.
- If you breach your limit, there is a $25 fee plus 3.75% of how much you went over.
- There’s a debt collection referral fee of $50 each time you are referred.
- There’s also a reconciliation processing fee of $25 per hour, which is the minimum charge.
How to apply
You can apply for the card online and it should only take around 10 minutes to complete. If you are approved for your application, you can expect your card to come in the next five to seven business days. You will know the status of your application within 60 seconds upon completion.
The eligibility requirements for businesses are:
- You need your ABN and business name.
- Your vehicle registration number if the fuel card is being associated to a specific vehicle.
- Your driver’s full name if the fuel card is being associated to a specific driver.
- It is important to note that the online application is for applications of 10 fuel cards or less. If you need more than that, you can contact the sales team at WEX. If your business is a partnership, more information is required.
With access to over 5,800 locations, the ability to tailor purchase limits on each card and the freedom of not being locked into a specific fuel vendor, the WEX Motorpass can give you greater control over your business’ vehicles. However, it’s important to check whether or not this card meets your needs and compare other options before making a final decision.Back to top