Save with 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for 30 months and a $0 first year annual fee when you apply online by 28 March 2018.
The Westpac Low Rate Card - Online Only Balance Transfer Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Westpac credit cards here.
Transfer your existing debt to a new Westpac Low Rate credit card and you could enjoy a promotional rate of 0% p.a. interest for up to 30 months on balance transfers with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee. At the end of the promotional period, any of the remaining balance will accrue interest at the variable cash advance rate.
To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to be a new customer, apply online and request the balance transfer when you apply during the promotional period.
Review of the Westpac Low Rate credit card
The Westpac Low Rate credit card is designed to offer affordable access to credit. As well as competitive rates on purchases and balance transfers, after the first year's $0 annual fee, you can also save on card costs with a $59 p.a. annual fee that is competitive for a low rate card. If you don’t use this card for a balance transfer, you can also enjoy up to 55 days interest free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
Benefits and features of the Westpac Low Rate credit card
Here are the key highlights of the Westpac Low Rate credit card:
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 30 months. Apply online as a new customer by 28 March 2018 and request a balance transfer at the time of your application to enjoy 0% p.a. interest on your debt for the first 30 months. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies. At the end of the promotional period, the variable cash advance rate applies to any remaining debt from the transfer.
- $0 first year annual fee. When you apply by 28 March 2018, the first year's annual fee will be waived, saving you $59.
- Low purchase rate. This card has a competitive variable purchase rate of 13.49% p.a.
- Additional cardholders. Request an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Interest-free period. If you repay your account in full by the due date on each statement, you can take advantage of up to 55 days interest free on eligible purchases in the following statement period.
- Contactless technology. Use this card to tap-and-go for payments of under $100. You can also link your Westpac credit card with Samsung Pay or Google Pay or use the Westpac mobile banking app to make contactless payments with a compatible Samsung smartphone.
Rates and fees of the Westpac Low Rate credit card
Weigh up these costs to decide if the Westpac Low Rate credit card is right for you:
- Annual fee. The Westpac Low Rate credit card has a standard annual fee of $59.
- Cash advance rate and fee. If you use your card to make a cash advance, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll collect an interest rate of 21.49% p.a. and will be charged a fee of 2% of the transaction amount or $2.50.
- Currency conversion rate. If you use your card to make a foreign transaction overseas or online, you'll be charged a fee of 3% of the transaction value.
- Late payment fee. If you miss a payment, you will have to pay a fee of $15.
The Westpac Low Rate credit card 0% p.a. for 30 months balance transfer offer is highly competitive, allowing you to save on interest charges so that you can pay down your debt faster. This card also has competitive ongoing rates that are designed to ease the burden that comes with credit card repayments. As it's not the only low rate card on the market, compare credit cards to ensure that you find the right one for your needs.Back to top