Earn up to $3,000 in cash rebates to use towards the purchase of your next GM car with the Westpac GM Holden Card.
The Westpac GM Holden Credit Card is no longer available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, we've kept the information on this page for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you would like to compare the Westpac GM Holden Credit Card to other range of Westpac credit cards: click here.
While it’s common to have credit cards that accumulate points for airline miles and hotel rooms, this innovative card helps you directly save for a GM vehicle.The Westpac GM Holden Card allows customers to save 10% of all their purchases to be used towards a new or leased GM vehicle. Depending on the model you are interested in, the savings can be up to $3,000. This is used as a rebate towards the purchase of the vehicle and is in addition to any other negotiated savings the dealership offers.
Westpac GM Holden Card review
The Westpac GM Holden Card offers a range of benefits in addition to saving money on your next GM purchase. The annual fee is waived for the first year and cardholders receive up to 45 days interest-free on purchases.
Benefits of Westpac GM Holden Credit Card
- Rewards program. While this card is no longer offered, the current point balances are good for five years from the discontinuation date. The cards and rewards program was discontinued on the . All rewards must be used within five years beginning on the .
- The rebate offer. Earn up to $3,000 in rebates towards the purchase of a new GM vehicle. The rebate may be redeemed by the cardholder or used for qualifying family members, but pooling of cards from different cardholders is not allowed. 10% of all spending on your card is set aside for rebate rewards and can be accumulated to the above maximum discounts. Rebates can be added to additional dealer discounts and price negotiations.
- Maximum of $3,000 on Saab, Berlina, Calais, Caprice, Commodore, Hummer, HSV, Statesman or Ute models
- Maximum of $1,000 on a Captiva model
- Maximum of $750 on Astra, Combo, Colorado, Epica, Viva, or Cruze models
- Maximum of $500 on a Barina model
Features of the Westpac GM Holden Card
- Waived annual fee. The annual fee is waived for the first year. The fee is $55 each year thereafter.
- Interest-free days. Enjoy up to 45 days of interest-free purchases as long as the balance is paid in full each month.
- Purchase rate. Interest rate for standard purchases are 20.95% p.a. This is a variable rate that will adjust based on market conditions.
- Additional cardholder. Free additional cards are available for a person of the cardholder’s choice.
- Entry to motor shows. Cardholders can enjoy free entrance to selected motor shows.
- Foreign transactions. Foreign transaction fees are charged at a percentage of the Australian dollar for any foreign transactions. The fees are determined by the type of account held. For Visa and MasterCards the fee is 3%, for American Express cards the fee is 3.5%.
- Cash advances. Cash advances are charged a 2% of the transaction amount or $2.50 administrative fee based on the value of the transaction. There is also a transaction fee that will range from $2.50 to $150.
How to apply for the Westpac GM Holden Card
The Westpac GM Holden Card is no longer accepting new applications. The card was discontinued on . After that time no additional points may be accumulated. Current points on the card are valid for five years.Back to top