Earn 60,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude Points and enjoy interest-free days on purchases while you redeem for travel rewards like flight upgrades, or for merchandise and gift cards.
When you have a Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card, you can choose between two different rewards programs and enjoy all of the benefits of a platinum card. Along with complimentary insurance covers and a personal concierge service, you can choose the Altitude Rewards program or the Altitude Qantas rewards program. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you apply between 1 February 2018 and 11 June 2018 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases.
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Platinum Card|
|Rewards Program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Offer end date||11 June 2018|
|Annual fee||$150 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$150 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or a minimum charge of $2.50 will apply|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Receive 60,000 bonus points if you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval.
- You can choose from a variety of airlines with which to claim your points as opposed to a set package with one airline.
- There is no expiry on the points you earn on your card.
- This credit card does not currently offer any introductory rates on purchases or balance transfers.
- There are only up to 45 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards with 55 days.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $150.
|Rewards Program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Bonus Points||60,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||7,500|
Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card review
Earn 1 Altitude Point for each dollar spent on eligible purchases through the Altitude Rewards program or 0.5 Qantas Points for each dollar spent if you choose the Qantas Points program.
The Altitude Platinum credit card from Westpac can be used worldwide so you can earn points even while travelling abroad. You can also benefit from competitive variable interest rates for purchases and cash advances. There are also features like a concierge service that is available 24/7. Complimentary insurance covers including travel insurance are also available through this credit card.
Benefits of the Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card
- 60,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude Points. Apply for the Westpac Altitude Platinum to receive 60,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude Points. To get the bonus points, you need to apply before 11 June 2018 and spend a minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval.
- Rewards program. With your Altitude Platinum credit card, you can choose between the Altitude Rewards program, where you can earn points towards rewards like merchandise and gift cards, or the Altitude Qantas program that allows you to earn Qantas Points toward travel expenses. You can earn 1 point per $1 you spend with the Altitude program, or 0.5 points for each dollar you spend if you opt to earn Qantas Points.
- Complimentary insurances. You get a wide range of insurance covers with your platinum credit card. You can benefit from overseas travel insurance that includes medical expenses, lost or damaged property, personal liability, and more. You’ll also enjoy transit accident insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty coverage.
- Samsung Pay. You can link your Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments at the checkout with your Samsung device.
Features of the Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card
- Purchase rate. This credit card has a variable interest rate of 20.24% p.a. on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. You'll collect 20.74% p.a. on cash advances.
- Annual fee. New card customers will have to pay an annual fee of $150.
- Interest-free days. Westpac offers you a period of up to 45 days where you won’t be charged any interest on purchases. This means that you can make purchases during this time period and you won’t have to worry about paying interest. This lets you save money while you continue to earn reward points by making purchases.
- Security features. You can feel secure knowing that your platinum card is protected through multiple security features. For instance, your card will have an embedded microchip while the Cardshield program defends against fraud. You can also benefit from the Fraud Money Back Guarantee that will reimburse you for any unauthorised transactions that may happen. You can also get optional repayment protection that covers repayments if you lose your job or become temporarily or permanently disabled or ill. There are also other insurance programs available for additional security like purchase protection.
How to apply for the Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card
You can apply for the Altitude Platinum credit card by filling out the online application and receive a response within 60 seconds. In order to apply for this credit card you have to make sure you meet the eligibility requirements first.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a good credit rating.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or Australian citizen. Please note that those holding a student visa aren’t eligible for and temporary visa holders must apply through migrant banking.
- You must earn an annual income of at least $30,000.
Once you know whether you’re eligible to apply for the card you can begin to apply. The application process takes about 15 minutes to complete but the process can go quicker if you gather up all necessary documents beforehand:
- You’ll need proof of identification. This can be your driver’s license (complete with the number on it) or a valid passport.
- You’ll also need proof of your income and financial history. This can be payslips or tax documents.
- You’ll also need your employer’s details like the address and phone number and proof of any other financial commitments like investment properties.
The Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card takes the benefits of rewards and gives you the option of what you'd like to earn. You can earn reward points toward things like travel expenses or gift cards. Remember to compare similar credit card offers in order to get the most fitting deal in regards to your financial situation.Back to top