Earn 80,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude Points when you meet the spend requirement and redeem rewards faster with the Westpac Altitude Black credit card.
The Westpac Altitude Black credit card is a top-tier product that helps cardholders earn points fast to reward their spending. Apply online for the Westpac Altitude Black credit card by 27 November 2018 and spend $3,000 on eligible transactions within the first 90 days to receive a bonus points offer of 80,000 Qantas or Altitude Points upon signup. You will also earn reward points on all other eligible transactions for the life of the card. Plus, the card comes with other exclusive benefits including complimentary international travel insurance, access to the Westpac Black Card Concierge and two complimentary airport lounge priority passes every year if you opt for the Qantas Rewards.
|Product Name||Westpac Altitude Black|
|Rewards Program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Offer end date||27 November 2018|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$250 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Receive 80,000 bonus Altitude points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases with a new Altitude Black credit card within 90 days of card approval.
- There is an interest-free period of only up to 45 days on purchases as compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days interest-free.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $250.
|Rewards Program||Westpac Altitude Rewards|
|Bonus Points||80,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1.25|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Westpac Altitude Black credit card review
The Westpac Altitude Black is a credit card designed for frequent flyers and big spenders. With an 80,000 bonus points offer when you meet the eligible spend requirements and up to points per dollar spent on all other eligible transactions, there are plenty of ways to get more value for your money with this card. Geared for international travellers, you’ll also enjoy complimentary travel insurance, two priority passes for airline lounge entry and the Altitude Black Travel Service to help take the stress out of planning your next holiday.
Westpac Black Rewards program
If you choose to earn points with Altitude Rewards, you can redeem your points for a range of goods and services including gadgets, accommodation, gift vouchers and flights. Plus, as long as you're a member of the program, you can also transfer your Altitude Points to Virgin Australia’s Velocity, Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich, Air New Zealand’s Airpoints, Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer and Cathay Pacific’s AsiaMiles. The Mastercard offers 1.25 Altitude Rewards points per $1 spent in Australia and overseas.
If you opt to earn Qantas Points, the Mastercard will earn you 1.25 points per $1 spent in Australia and 1.25 points per $1 with overseas merchants. You can redeem your rewards for flights with Qantas and its airline partners as well as products from the Qantas store.
Benefits of the Westpac Altitude Black credit card
- Bonus 80,000 Altitude or Qantas Points. If you apply online and are approved by 27 November 2018 and spend $3,000 within the first 90 days, you’ll earn 80,000 bonus Altitude or Qantas Points. The points will appear in your account within 60 days. Please note that this offer is only available to new Westpac cardholders, so you won’t be able to receive the bonus points if you’ve had a Westpac account within the last 12 months.
- Rewards program. You can choose to earn either Westpac Altitude Rewards or Qantas Points with this card. If you opt for the Altitude Rewards program and use your Mastercard, you will earn 1.25 points per $1 spent in Australia and overseas. If you opt for the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you will earn 0.75 points per $1 spent in Australia with your Mastercard and 0.75 points on overseas merchants. You can redeem flights with the airline and its partners, accommodation with hotel partners or shop via the Qantas eStore. If you choose to use Altitude Points, you can redeem your points with Virgin’s Velocity program plus Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich, Air New Zealand’s Airpoints, Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer and Cathay Pacific’s AsiaMiles. You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem your points with these airlines.
- Complimentary insurance. The Altitude Black offers complimentary insurances including overseas travel insurance for up to six months and up to $500,000 transit accident insurance. Plus, shop with peace of mind with four months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of items purchased in Australia or overseas with purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance cover.
- Two complimentary VIP airport lounge priority passes. You’ll receive two complimentary lounge passes that can be used at over 700 VIP airport lounges in over 275 cities each year. This card provides one complimentary Priority Pass membership per account (Standard Membership). If you opt for the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you’ll receive two complimentary passes to Qantas Lounge invitations per year after your first Altitude Black Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Starwood Preferred Guest Gold membership. With the Altitude Black Card, you will be fast-tracked to Preferred Guest Gold Membership status with Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Gold Membership offers better rooms, 4pm late checkout and additional Starpoints reward points when you stay with Starwood.
- Altitude Black Travel Service. Take the stress out of your travel planning with the assistance of the Altitude Black Travel Service. Plus, their experts can also help you redeem your points for travel rewards.
- Altitude Black personal shopper. If you have a birthday or holiday coming up but don’t have time to go shopping, your personal shopper can assist you with your online shopping needs to find the right gift for a special someone (or for yourself!).
- Westpac concierge service. You’ll have access to a 24/7 Westpac concierge who can help you with everything from making restaurant bookings, to ordering flowers, booking flights and more.
Features of the Westpac Altitude Black credit card
- Annual fee. The card has a standard annual fee of $250.
- Interest rate. The card comes with an interest rate of 20.24% p.a. on both purchases and cash advances.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. You’ll be charged 3% of the transaction value when paying on Mastercard.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the end of the statement period, you can take advantage of up to 45 interest-free days.
- Card security. Your purchases will be protected by an embedded microchip. Plus, the card also comes with Cardshield and Mastercard Secure Code, which all monitor and prevent fraudulent transactions on your card. There is also a Fraud Money Back Guarantee where you will be reimbursed for fraudulent transactions.
- Additional cardholder. You can request 1 additional cardholder for this card at no extra cost.
How to apply for the Westpac Altitude Black credit card
If you’ve compared your options and decided that the Westpac Altitude Black credit card is right for you, you can apply for this card by completing the online application form. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand before applying.
- Age. Only people over 18 years of age can apply.
- Minimum income. Applicants must have an annual income of at least $75,000 to apply.
- Residential status. You must be an Australian permanent resident to apply.
- Good credit history. You’ll need a good credit history with no evidence of recent bankruptcy or defaults to apply.
- Proof of identification. You’ll need to provide a copy of your Australian driver’s licence, passport or medicare card.
- Employment details. Include information regarding your employer and the relevant contact details.
- Financial details. You’ll need to provide information regarding your finances including your assets, liabilities and debts.
- Income information. You’ll be asked to provide recent copies of your payslips and tax statement.
The Westpac Altitude Black credit card offers a number of competitive and attractive features to frequent flyers and big spenders. As this isn’t the only frequent flyer card on the market, though, it’s important to compare your options to ensure you’re applying for the right card for you.Back to top