Pay $0 annual fee for the first year and save on interest with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 20 months.
Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit cardholders can enjoy perks including complimentary travel and purchase insurance as well as 24/7 access to a platinum concierge service. If you have existing credit card debt, you can consolidate it with a promotional 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 20 months (with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee). You’ll also be able to enjoy a $0 annual fee for the first year and every year thereafter when you meet the spend requirement. These special offers will end on 11 June 2018.
|Product Name||Westpac 55 Day Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 20 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.29% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.84% p.a.|
|Offer end date||11 June 2018|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($90 p.a. thereafter)|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.29% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($90 p.a. thereafter)|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or a minimum charge of $2.50 will apply|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Take advantage of the annual fee waiver for the first year and in subsequent years when you spend at least $10,000 on your card.
- Enjoy a low balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 20 months.
- There is no rewards program included for this account.
- A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies.
Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit card review
You can make use of the complimentary insurance covers and turn to the concierge service in a variety of situations. If you’re considering transferring balances, you can also use this card’s promotional 0% p.a. balance transfer rate to good effect. Not having to pay the first year’s annual fee and access to up to 55 interest-free days could also be of benefit for cost-conscious consumers. To take advantage of these offers, you'll need to apply and be approved by 11 June 2018.
Benefits of the Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit card
- Balance transfer offer option. You can transfer balances from up to 3 non-Westpac cards to this one and save in the form of interest. Apply before 11 June 2018 and take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 20 months. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies and any remaining balance after 20 months is subject to the variable cash advance rate.
- Annual fee waiver. Look forward to a $0 annual fee for the first year. This offer is available for new applicants and is only valid until 11 June 2018. Continue to pay no annual fee in subsequent years when you meet the annual spend requirement of $10,000.
- Interest-free days. You can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases, provided you pay the account’s closing balance in full every month. This means interest-free days do not apply while you have a balance transfer.
- Complimentary insurance covers. When you use this card to book at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs, you'll receive complimentary overseas travel insurance and transit accident insurance. Purchases made using this card also receive protection through purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance.
- Platinum concierge service. Whether you're looking to make dinner reservations, find tickets to a concert or organise the perfect gift for a loved one, the platinum concierge service is available 24/7 to make your life easier.
- Samsung Pay. When you link your Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit card with Samsung Pay, you can use your Samsung device to make contactless payments.
Features of the Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit card
- Balance transfer offer. This platinum credit card does not charge any interest on balance transfers for the first 20 months. You can transfer a minimum of $200, and the maximum cannot exceed 80% of the approved credit limit. A one-time 2% balance transfer fee applies and any remaining balance at the end of the promotional period is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Annual fee. The standard annual fee is $90 for as long as your account remains active.
- Interest rates. The standard purchase rate is 19.84% p.a. and the cash advance rate is 21.29% p.a.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this platinum card is $6,000, and the maximum depends on an applicant’s ability to repay.
- Additional cards. You can get 1 additional card linked to your platinum card for $0, as long as the nominated cardholder is over 16 years old.
- Visa payWave. This technology gives you the ability to make contactless payments of less than $100, anywhere you see the payWave symbol.
- Card security. This card comes with an embedded microchip and round-the-clock monitoring of card activity. Cardshield defends your account against fraudulent use. Verified by Visa provides additional security online.
How to apply for the Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit card
Applying for Westpac 55 Day Platinum credit card can be completed by filling out the online application form, but make sure you meet the following criteria before you apply.
- You’re at least 18 years of age.
- You’re a permanent Australian resident or an Australian citizen.
- You have good credit history.
- You earn a minimum income of $30,000.
You also need to provide the following info:
- Personal details like your complete name, date of birth, phone number, residential address, and email address
- Employment details like your employment status and your employer’s name, phone number, and address
- Details about your income and expenditure (which includes details of all existing debts).
Applying for this platinum credit card could be of benefit if you plan to use its balance transfer offer, 55 interest-free days and/or concierge service. As you can find other cards with similar offers, you should compare your options before deciding.Back to top