Need OVHC cover? Find out how Westfund can help.
Westfund offers a range of cover options for people on 457 working visas in Australia providing required cover for themselves and their families.
What are the different levels of cover?
Several different levels of cover are available to overseas visitors including Overseas Hospital Only and Gold and Platinum Overseas Hospital & Extras.
What do these options cover?
Overseas Hospital is Westfund’s hospital only option and includes cover for a range of procedures such as appendectomies, tonsillectomies, hospitalisation for cancer treatment, surgical extraction of wisdom teeth, joint reconstructions and replacements, minor gynaecological procedures (excluding IVF), colonoscopies, gastroscopies, obesity surgery and lipectomy, dialysis for chronic renal failure and obstetrics including assisted reproductive. It also includes ambulance cover and access to Westfund Dental Care and Eye Care Practices and there are no hospital exclusions, co-payments or benefit limitation periods.
Gold Overseas offers members everything its Hospital Only policy covers. Additionally, you’ll receive partial cover for psychiatric care, with no hospital exclusions, co-payments or benefit limitation periods. Ambulance cover is also included plus access to a wide range of Westfund Member Advantages, including Accident Benefit, Accommodation Benefit and more.
Gold Overseas also covers extras with cover for general dental including checkups, cleaning and fillings, major dental, orthodontics, optical, chiropractic and osteopathy, physio and exercise physiology, complementary therapies, prescriptions, vaccinations and injections, prevention and health management benefits for chronic diseases such as diabetes, and non-surgically implanted prostheses.
Platinum Overseas offers cover for everything in Gold Overseas but with no hospital exclusions, co-payments or benefit limitation periods. Ambulance cover is also included plus access to a wide range of Westfund Member Advantages, including Accident Benefit, Advanced Surgery Benefit and more.
Platinum Overseas covers general dental including checkups, cleaning and fillings, bonus benefits towards out-of-pocket expenses for general dental, dentures and denture repairs, major dental, specialist dental, orthodontics, optical, chiropractic and osteopathy, physio and exercise physiology, complementary therapies, prescriptions, vaccinations and injections, prevention and health management benefits for chronic diseases such as diabetes and non-surgically implanted prostheses.
What other benefits are available?
Westfund Member Advantages provides members with access to a range of benefits including:
- No excess for day surgery, kids or in an accident.
- Accident Benefit of $200 per night if you're hospitalised as the result of an accident.
- Sunglasses Benefit of $75 per member per year for sunglasses bought from any Westfund Care Centre.
- Accommodation Benefit of up to $150 a night for accommodation expenses (up to $600 a year).
- Advanced Surgery Benefit of $400 a night for advanced surgical procedures due to heart disease, stroke or cancer (up to $4,800 per hospitalisation).
- Higher per item benefits at Westfund Dental Care Practices than at other providers.
- $80 benefit towards out-of-pocket costs associated with purchasing prescription glasses or contacts at Westfund Eye Care Practices.
What are the waiting periods and other limitations?
Standard waiting periods that apply to Westfund Hospital and Extras cover include:
- One day. Accident related.
- Two months. Psychiatric, rehabilitation and palliative care.
- One year. Obstetrics-related services and treatment of a pre-existing condition.
- One day. Emergency ambulance transport and accident benefit.
- Two months. Non-emergency ambulance transport, general dental, optical, chiropractic and osteopathy, physio and exercise physiology, complementary therapies, prescriptions, vaccinations and injections, prevention and health management benefits.
- 12 months. Major dental, specialist dental and dental top up, orthodontics, antenatal classes, non-surgically implanted prostheses, sunglasses and surgical treatment by a podiatrist.
- 24 months. Accommodation Benefit and Advanced Surgery Benefit.
- 36 months. Forced Retrenchment, Protected Industrial Action and hearing aids.
What types of costs are covered?
Costs covered by Westfund (depending on your policy) include ambulance and in-hospital treatment as a private patient in a public or private hospital. Costs you may have to pay include any gap between the fee charged for a treatment or service and the amount reimbursed by Medicare and Westfund.
Depending on your level of cover, your extras can cover a range of services including dental, optical, physio, chiropractic, remedial massage and more. Costs that you may incur include the percentage of fees not covered by Medicare for out-of-hospital services (ie GP visits).
How to make a claim
Claiming on your Westfund policy is simple, with several ways to lodge your claim including:
- Online. Log in to the Members Area and follow the instructions for claiming.
- Fax or email. Fax your completed claim forms and receipts to 02 6352 3408 or email them to email@example.com.
- Mail. Mail your completed claim forms and receipts to PO Box 235, Lithgow NSW 2790.
- HICAPS. Swipe your Westfund membership card on your healthcare provider’s HICAPS electronic claiming machine and your benefit will be automatically deducted from your bill.
Speak to a health insurance advisor
What you'll get:
- 100% free expert advice
- Pay the same as going direct
- Instant advice if you call 1300 594 882