Western City Credit Union Platinum MasterCard Review
If you use this card in the right manner, you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, leading to further savings. You can make use of the complimentary insurance covers, which include travel and purchase covers, in different situations, and you can turn to a round-the-clock concierge service for assistance in various matters.
Benefits of the Western City Credit Union Platinum MasterCard
- Rewards. When you get this platinum card you get automatic enrolment to the Card Services Rewards Program, where every dollar you spend on eligible purchases earns 1.250 reward points. You can use your accumulated points to get flight tickets or travel and store vouchers, you can transfer them to a frequent flyer program account, and you can use them in the form of cashback.
- Platinum concierge service. You can access this service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and it provides assistance in different languages. This service can help you find restaurants and reserve tables, it can help you make flight bookings and hotel reservations, you can turn to it to book tickets to different kinds of events, and it can provide assistance in business-related matters as well.
- Complimentary insurances. Complimentary international flight insurance and interstate flight inconvenience insurance provide peace of mind when you use this card to make travel bookings. A guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance provide protection to purchases you make with the card.
Western City Credit Union Platinum MasterCard Features
- Annual fee. This card comes with an annual fee of $99 for as long as your account remains active.
- Rewards for spending. You earn reward points each time you use your card to make an eligible purchase, in Australia or overseas. You can earn up to 100,000 reward points every 12 months, and your points don’t expire as long as your account remains in good standing.
- Interest-free days. You can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, but only if you pay your account’s outstanding balance in full every month.
- Additional cardholders. You can get up to 4 additional cards, and since these cards come linked to your platinum card, they earn reward points as well.
- PayPass. This technology allows you to make contactless payments for purchases less than $100.
- Card security. Fraudshield monitors account activity and if it detects any unusual activity it notifies you immediately. When your card details make it to the online world, SecureCode provides an additional line of defence.
How to apply for the Western City Credit Union Platinum MasterCard
You can walk into a Western City Credit Union branch to apply, you can initiate the process over the phone, or you can apply online.
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You are over 18 years of age
- You earn a minimum of $35,000 p.a.
- You have good credit history
- These include your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, and driver’s license number (if you have one)
- Provide your residential address, residential status, time spent at current address, phone number, and email address
- Provide the name and contact details of your employer as well as time worked with current employer
- This section requires details surrounding your income and expenses
While the introductory interest rate offer makes this card worth considering, know that there are other cards that come with such offers, so make sure you compare a few of your platinum options before deciding.Back to top