You’ve never seen the outback like this before. Check out these Western Australia tours and guided road trips.
The great outback state of Western Australia offers endless adventure and exploration to the intrepid traveller. Being the country’s largest state, it’s often broken up into five distinct regions, each offering a diverse environment and unique experience for all.
In Perth and its surrounds you can explore the big city, revel in the history of Fremantle and relax and unwind in a Swan Valley Vineyard. In the South West, there’s the wineries of Margaret River and the ancient rocks of the Granite Skywalk. South-east, there’s Esperance and the Golden Outback, where pristine white beaches and one of Australia’s biggest rock waves (Wave Rock) await you.
For true water babies, Exmouth and The Coral Coast, home to over 500 marine species, will leave you in awe. And for hikers and adventurers, there’s Broome and North West, which is home to the famous Kimberley.
If you have the time, we suggest you explore every little crevice, but if you’re on a tight schedule or are feeling overwhelmed, a tour can make sure you hit all the highlights without wasting a moment.
If overland adventure is your travel style then Intrepid has numerous multi-day excursions for those wishing to explore Australia’s western state.
- Destinations offered: Perth to Darwin coastal overland tours as well as Adelaide and Kimberleys overland tours.
- Tour lengths from: 9-21 days.
- Types of tours: Culture, nature, walking and trekking.
2. G Adventures
G Adventures offers three succinct and different tours of Western Australia. It’s ideal for anyone who doesn’t want to be overwhelmed with tour options.
- Destinations offered: Perth and its surrounds, Exmouth and The Coral Coast.
- Tour lengths from: 8-18 days.
- Types of tours: Culture and nature.
Top 3 G Adventure tours through Western Australia tours with G Adventures
Western Australia Adventure
Best of the coast western Australia
Western Australia Discoverer
As part of the TripAdvisor company, Viator offers a wide range of one-day and multi-day tours for destinations worldwide. Similar to its parent company, you can read customer reviews to see which tour is perfect for you.
- Destinations offered: Locations throughout Western Australia.
- Tour lengths from: 1-14 days.
- Types of tours: Sightseeing, heritage, cultural, nature, helicopter, food and cruising.
Top 3 Viator tours through Western Australia
Gorgeous Gorges Fixed-Wing Scenic Flight and Ground Tour from Broome
Swan Valley Wine Cruise from Perth
3-Day Monkey Mia Dolphins, Pinnacles Desert and Kalbarri National Park Tour from Perth
Offering tours from specialist Australian tour operators including Great Australian Bight Safaris and Nullarbor Traveller, TourRadar is all about the true Australian outback experience.
- Destinations offered: Overland tours through Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
- Tour lengths from: 5-21 days.
- Types of tours: Culture, nature and adventure.
Top 3 TourRadar tours through Western Australia
Bibbulmun Track - Walpole to Denmark
Kimberley Cruise Mitchell Plateau
Cape to Cape Track Walk
5. Adventure Tours Australia
As the name suggests, this one’s all about adventure in the outback, so bring your best hiking boots and prepare to get out there and explore!
- Destinations offered: Broome, Perth and Esperance. Tours can include Adelaide and Darwin.
- Tour lengths from: 1-26 days.
- Types of tours: Nature, adventure and culture.
Western Australia road trips
Want to play it your own way? Driving up or down the Western Australian coast is the way to go. Rent a good car, request some annual leave and hit up these Western Australian hotspots along the way. You won’t regret it!
Travel south: Spend a day or two in Perth, then travel south along the coast until you're eventually heading east. Over the next 3-4 days stop by Margaret River, Esperance, Albany and Kalgoorlie.
Travel north: Take five to seven days to make your way up the coast to Exmouth stopping in Kalbarri, Monkey Mia and Coral Bay. if you're looking to extend your holiday, continue up the coast into the Kimberley finishing up in Broome or go all the way to Darwin.