Weirdest Melbourne Cup fascinators that will definitely start a conversation
Heading to the Melbourne Cup this year? Check out eBay Australia for some of the wackiest fascinators that are on the market right now.
With the Melbourne Cup just a week away, it seems that Australian racegoers are getting ready for the race that stops the nation in full force. In fact, according to ebay.com.au, in this past month, the site has seen a 23% increase for the purchase of fascinators. Now that's a lot of headwear.
This year it seems that some are taking a departure from the traditional hats and headbands and opting for something a little more quirky. After all, what's the point of dressing like everyone else when you can wear something that is sure to start a conversation?
From Lewis Carroll-inspired whimsy to spooky Elizabethan styles, here are the wackiest, craziest and weirdest fascinators on eBay right now. And if you shop with eBay guaranteed delivery, you can get them in time for the Melbourne Cup.
1. The Mad Hatter Headpiece
This Alice in Wonderland-inspired headpiece is sure to make a statement on the field, but beware, it will make people think that you may have gone a little mad.
2. The Red Floral Loopy Fascinator
This flower crown has a dark twist to it that will require your best balancing efforts to keep it on your head!
3. The Rainbow Heart Fascinator
This headpiece will be sure to spread the love and happiness at the field this Melbourne Cup, no matter how much you lose on your horse.
4. The Spooky Spider Headpiece
If you can't let go of the spooky season, this fascinator is a cross between Elizabethan style and Princess Leia, complete with spiders and all.
5. The Rainbow Feather Fascinator
Hopefully there aren't too many birds around this race season because they may or may not think that you are their quirky, rainbow-headed relative. This fascinator is sure to get people talking.
- 10 Aussie fashion TikTok creators you need to follow
- Top 2021 Halloween Costumes from Squid Game to Harry Styles at the Grammys
- How to buy sneakers online like a pro
- Party Time: THE ICONIC are flogging 30% off hundreds of items for their 10th bday
- It’s National Buy Aussie Day so here are our fave brands to shop Down Under