How to find spare cash for your weekend with an empty wallet.
We’ve all been there. It’s getting close to the weekend and something crops up – maybe it’s a forgotten bill, maybe you find out your car repairs will be more expensive than you thought they would be, or maybe you just didn’t budget well enough during the week. It’s not a good feeling knowing you won’t have money to see you through the weekend. Find out what options are out there for you when your bank balance is getting low.
Compare loans available in time for the weekend
Compare brands using the table below to help fund your weekend plans. If you want to read a review, click 'more', or click 'Go to site' to submit an online application.
- Bad credit applicants considered
- Fast approval service
- Borrow up to $2,000
100% confidential application
Sunshine Short Term Offer
A short-term loan with a fast and easy application available to those with good or bad credit. You can apply today and get approved for up to $2,000.
- Loan amount: $2,000
- Loan term: 9-15 weeks
- Turnaround time: 30 minutes (conditions apply)
- Fees: 20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month
- Bad credit borrowers OK
- Quick and easy Approval
- No Credit Checks
- Borrow from $500
- Flexible eligibility criteria
- Transparent rates and fees
100% confidential application
Wallet Wizard Smart Loan
The Wallet Wizard smart loan is a credit limit that lets you access up to $5,000.
- Loan amount: $5,000
- Loan term: Up to 2 years
- Turnaround time: 24 hours
- Fees: 47.8% APR
- Wallet Wizard Visa Card
- Automatic Payments
- Redraw & Top-up available
Weekend loans comparison
- Wallet Wizard: Loan amounts from $500 to $5,000. A flexible line of credit with bad credit and Centrelink applications considered.
- Sunshine Loans: Loan amounts from $150 to $2,000. Get a quick cash loan with no credit check in time for the weekend.
- Nimble: Loan amounts from $300 to $5,000. Need a loan before the weekend? Nimble short-term solutions can cover you when you're caught short.
- Ferratum: Loan amounts from $100 to $1,900. Flexible eligibility criteria and a quick application process.
When to apply to receive your loan this weekend:
|Brand||Apply by||Conditions for same-day cash||Loan amounts||More details|
|Cash Converters||Business hours on Friday||Apply for a cash advance in-store.||$50–$2,000||More|
|Cash Train||2pm on Friday||Loan needs to be approved by 2pm.||$200–$2,000||More|
|DollarsDirect||2:30pm on Friday||Need to bank with ANZ, CommBank, Westpac, St.George or NAB.||$1,000–$2,025||More|
|enably||Business hours on Friday||Approval takes one hour and you'll be transferred funds minutes after.||$200–$2,000||More|
|Ferratum||Business hours on Friday||Approval and funds transfer takes one hour. Receiving funds depends on your bank processing times.||$100–$1,900||More|
|MoneyMe||Business hours on Friday||Approval and funds transfer takes one hour. Receiving funds depends on bank processing times; CommBank customers can receive funds on the weekend.||$200–$15,000||More|
|Nimble||4:30pm on Friday||Loan needs to be confirmed before 4:30pm to receive within the hour.||$300–$5,000||More|
|Sunshine Loans||Business hours on Friday||Loan needs to be approved within business hours to receive it within the hour.||$150–$2,000||More|
|Swoosh Finance||3:30pm QLD time on Friday||Loan needs to be approved by 3:30pm to be transferred overnight.||$2,100–$4,600||More|
|Wallet Wizard||2:30pm Sydney time on Friday||Loans need to be approved by 2:30pm to receive same-day funds.||$500–$5,000||More|
How can I apply for a weekend loan?
Receiving your cash before the weekend means submitting a complete application by the cut-off time. Here's what you need to know to apply:
This differs between lenders and is something you need to confirm before you apply. Usually you'll need to:
- Be over 18
- Earn a regular income
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- ID. You'll need a form of photo ID, such as your driver's licence or proof of age card, or your passport or Medicare card.
- Bank statements. You'll need to supply 90 days of bank statements. Some lenders just require your Internet banking logins to view this.
- Income and employment. List how much you earn, your pay frequency, whether or not you're employed (plus the employer's details) or if you receive Centrelink income.
- Loan details. The lender needs to know how much you want to borrow and for how long.
What you need to know about weekend cash
There are quite a few brands out there who can offer you weekend finance. It’s important to compare your options before you apply to make sure you’re getting a good deal. Here are some questions to ask yourself when looking at what’s available:
- What fees and rates will I be charged?
This is an important consideration when comparing weekend cash loans. Short-term loan lenders (offering $2,000 or less) are restricted in how much they can charge borrowers, and are limited to charging a monthly fee of 4% of the principal loan amount and an establishment fee of 20% of the loan amount.
- How long do I have to repay the loan?
This will differ in repayment terms and flexibility of the repayment structure. Most repayment dates will line up with the frequency at which you get paid, whether that be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- How quickly will I receive my loan?
You should check the turnaround time offered before you apply to make sure you’ll receive your loan amount when you need it.
What options do you have for weekend cash?
When you’re caught short before the weekend, there are a few roads you can take to help cover you until your next payday. The option you choose will depend on your financial circumstances, the amount you need to borrow, and your ability to pay back the loan. Here are some of the financing choices you have available to you:
- Credit card.
If you have a credit card, then you might want to consider using this as an additional form of finance for weekend purchases. Just make sure you have a repayment plan in mind so you don’t fall into the credit card debt trap. If you’re in need of quick finance and don’t already have a credit card, keep in mind that credit cards likely take a few days or weeks to be delivered to you following approval.
- Short-term loan.
This is a small loan that can usually be approved instantly. Lenders can often send you your loan amount on the same business day and so are an option when you’re in need of weekend cash. Most short-term lenders also consider those with bad credit.
- Personal loan.
Some banks offer same-day personal loans to existing customers, so it may be worth checking if your bank offers a product like this. If you have a good relationship and history with your bank you also may be more likely to be approved for a loan than with a third-party lender.
An overdraft facility can usually be set up quickly with your current bank and lets you overdraw your account up to a pre-determined limit. You will only pay fees and interest when you use this facility so it can act as an ‘emergency’ fund for when you need it.
Will you get your money by the weekend?
The turnaround time differs depending on the weekend cash option you choose.
- Credit card. If you already have a credit card, the turnaround time for weekend cash is instantaneous. You can use your card to make purchases or withdraw cash using the cash advance feature. Just keep in mind the interest rates you'll be charged and make sure you're not spending above your means.
- Short-term loan. Most payday lenders operate online, with the application processes taking a matter of minutes. Once approved, they can have the money to you within the same day. If you need the money more urgently, you can find lenders who are able to have it in your bank account within about an hour.
- Personal loan. As mentioned above, some banks offer same-day personal loans to existing customers. If this isn't offered by your current bank, other lenders may be able to offer you similar terms, although the approval time may take a bit longer.
- Overdraft. Once an overdraft facility is set up, you can access the money whenever you need to directly from your bank account.
Things to consider about weekend loans
The convenience offered by most weekend cash and payday loan options doesn’t come without a price tag. Make sure you consider the fees and rates that you’ll be charged before you apply, and calculate what your repayments are likely to be to make sure that you can afford them. Consider the other financing options available to you before taking out one of these same-day cash loans.