When you need to apply to get a loan for the weekend.
Short-term lenders are notorious for providing money for when you need it, but there is a cut-off point if you need that cash on the weekend. So if you find yourself close to end of the week and need a small loan to cover car repairs, emergency home fixes or any other unexpected expense, this guide will take you through when you need to apply to get the cash you need.
Compare a range of short-term loans
Compare brands using the table below to help fund your weekend plans. If you want to read a review, click 'more', or click 'Go to site' to submit an online application.
- Bad credit applicants considered
- Fast approval service
- Borrow up to $2,000
100% confidential application
Sunshine Short Term Offer
A short-term loan with a fast and easy application available to those with good or bad credit. You can apply today and get approved for up to $2,000.
- Loan amount: $2,000
- Loan term: 9-15 weeks
- Turnaround time: 30 minutes (conditions apply)
- Fees: 20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month
- Income requirement: 50%+ of income cannot be from Centrelink
- Bad credit borrowers OK
- Quick and easy Approval
- No Credit Checks
- Borrow up to $4,600
- Loan term up to 2 years.
- Instant online decision
100% confidential application
Swoosh Finance offer fast, reliable, and hassle-free secured loans up to $4,600 for when you are in need of money.
- Loan amount: $4,600
- Loan term: 12-24 months
- Turnaround time: Next business day
- Fees: $400 + 48% APR of borrowed amount
Weekend loans comparison
- Wallet Wizard: Loan amounts from $500 to $5,000. A flexible line of credit with bad credit and Centrelink applications considered.
- Sunshine Loans: Loan amounts from $150 to $2,000. Get a quick cash loan with no credit check in time for the weekend.
- Nimble: Loan amounts from $300 to $5,000. Need a loan before the weekend? Nimble short-term solutions can cover you when you're caught short.
- Ferratum: Loan amounts from $100 to $1,900. Flexible eligibility criteria and a quick application process.
When to apply to receive your loan this weekend:
|Brand||Can you get a weekend loan?||Conditions for same-day cash||Loan amounts||More details|
|Cash Converters||Apply at any time for a cash advance in-store||$50–$2,000||More|
|Cash Train||If you bank with one of the Big Four you can receive it on the same day. The loan needs to be approved by 2pm on a business day.||$200–$2,000||More|
|enably||Approval takes one hour and you'll be transferred funds minutes after if you bank with CommBank. Other banks usually receive funds the same business day.||$200–$2,000||More|
|MoneyMe||Apply during business hours on Friday, approval and funds transfer takes one hour. Receiving funds depends on bank processing times.||$200–$15,000||More|
|Nimble||Loan needs to be confirmed before 4:30pm to receive within the hour.||$300–$5,000||More|
|Sunshine Loans||Loan needs to be approved within business hours to receive it within the hour.||$150–$2,000||More|
|Swoosh Finance||Loan needs to be approved by 3:30pm to be transferred overnight.||$2,100–$4,600||More|
|Wallet Wizard||Loans need to be approved by 2:30pm to receive same-day funds.||$500–$5,000||More|
How can I apply for a weekend loan?
Receiving your cash before the weekend means submitting a complete application by the cut-off time. Here's what you need to know to apply:
This differs between lenders and is something you need to confirm before you apply. Usually you'll need to:
- Be over 18
- Earn a regular income
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- ID. You'll need a form of photo ID, such as your driver's licence or proof of age card, or your passport or Medicare card.
- Bank statements. You'll need to supply 90 days of bank statements. Some lenders just require your Internet banking logins to view this.
- Income and employment. List how much you earn, your pay frequency, whether or not you're employed (plus the employer's details) or if you receive Centrelink income.
- Loan details. The lender needs to know how much you want to borrow and for how long.
What should I check before I apply?
There are quite a few brands out there who can offer you weekend finance. It’s important to compare your options before you apply to make sure you’re getting a good deal. Here are some questions to ask yourself when looking at what’s available:
- What fees and rates will I be charged?
This is an important consideration when comparing weekend cash loans. Short-term loan lenders (offering $2,000 or less) are restricted in how much they can charge borrowers, and are limited to charging a monthly fee of 4% of the principal loan amount and an establishment fee of 20% of the loan amount.
- How long do I have to repay the loan?
This will differ in repayment terms and flexibility of the repayment structure. Most repayment dates will line up with the frequency at which you get paid, whether that be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- How quickly will I receive my loan?
You should check the turnaround time offered before you apply to make sure you’ll receive your loan amount when you need it.
How else can you get money by the weekend?
There are other options you can consider if you need cash this weekend:
- Credit card. If you already have a credit card, the turnaround time for weekend cash is instantaneous. You can use your card to make purchases or withdraw cash using the cash advance feature. Just keep in mind the interest rates you'll be charged and make sure you're not spending above your means.
- Personal loan. Some banks offer same-day personal loans to existing customers. If this isn't offered by your current bank, other lenders may be able to offer you similar terms, although the approval time may take a bit longer.
- Overdraft. Once an overdraft facility is set up, you can access the money whenever you need to directly from your bank account.
Should you really get a loan for this weekend?
Before you apply, consider the following:
- Can you afford the repayments? The application process may be quick for weekend cash, but that doesn't mean you should apply for more than you can afford. Do your due diligence before you apply and see if the repayments will work with your budget.
- Is the lender reputable? Check the lender has a credit licence listed on its site and that it is easily contactable. It should have its fees and charges clearly listed as well.
- Are you eligible for the loan? Make sure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria before you apply. Submitting multiple applications in a short space of time can damage your credit report and make it harder to be approved for credit in the future.