Your friends deserve only the best wedding gifts. Stand out from the crowd by giving a memorable wedding gift from any of our numerous retailers around the world.
When you give a wedding gift, you show your appreciation of the marrying couple. Universally, a gift is taken as a sign that you wish the couple well. Since it is a gesture of goodwill, you don’t need to strain your finances to provide an expensive gift and it is best to stick within your financial ability. With a little creativity, you can purchase an affordable gift that, at the same time, will add value to your relationship with the bride and groom.
It may be worthwhile for you to spend some time exploring what the couple’s common interests are. For instance, if both of them appreciate works of art, you may want to give them a nice sculpture or drawing. But remember, whatever your gift may be, never forget to give it that personal touch with an accompanying card. That makes it particularly memorable and shows the couple just how much you really care.
Top wedding gifts for friends
Wedding gift etiquette
When choosing gifts for a wedding, it’s best to be knowledgeable of wedding gift etiquette. This will help you, as the gifter, to understand what’s expected of them, including the couple. You can ensure that you meet expectations while not offending anybody by simply learning a few things to do when choosing wedding gifts.
If you’re invited, it’s customary to give a gift whether you actually attend the wedding ceremony or not. Ideally, your gift should be ready by the wedding day, or within three months after the wedding, at the latest. The couple should similarly spend time to acknowledge the gifts as soon as possible, within three months after receipt, at most.
It is natural for people to take into account the gifts they may have received from others when considering what gift to purchase when it’s their turn to gift. If you are ever tempted to do that, remember that two wrongs don’t make a right. Moreover, you can never tell the sort of financial pressure that the person you are judging may have been going through at that time. Whatever the case, hold yourself true to your own standard.
How much should you spend on a wedding gift? There is no hard and fast rule. Many guests assume that the amount spent on them is a good measure. However, remember that a wedding gift is not the same thing as a refund for expenses incurred. Give according to your ability and the closeness of your relationship. Remember, too, that the couple undertaking a run-of-the-mill wedding may be much more in need and appreciative of your gift than the one doing a glittering multi-million-dollar wedding.
Wedding gift ideas for friends
Deciding what wedding gift to buy for a dear friend can be a daunting task. Even so, there are some basic ideas you may want to explore.
- Art.This can be pricey but it is a great choice if you can afford it. Newlyweds will generally appreciate displaying works of art in their new home. Purchasing a modern art sculpture or painting from your local art dealer can be a great investment, something your friend will be unlikely to forget for many years. A work of art does not easily spoil and lasts for ages, so it will remind them of your friendship for a long, long time.
- Housewares. As the going can get tough for newlyweds, you can help them out by being utilitarian and giving them a gift that will help them as they settle down. Consider giving them some silverware, china, or even furniture. Even though such a gift may soon break or wear out and is unlikely to last like a work of art, your gesture at their hour of need will be greatly appreciated.
- Travel items. You may decide to help out your friend on some basics they will probably need on their honeymoon or future travel. These may include a travel steam iron, portable shaving kits, toiletries, or even a nice leather bag.
- Vacation Be sure to do some good research on hotels before you go with this option. Remember that you will need to finance all aspects of this gift. There’s no need of paying for a weekend vacation in a far-off hotel and leave the couple to struggle with financing their way there. If need be, team up with someone else to present this as a joint gift.
- Special attire. If you decide to go for this option, make sure you purchase something that really stands out. It should be something your friend can wear on special occasions for years to come, not a suit from a discount store. If you’re on a tight budget, don’t go for this option.
Tips for choosing wedding gifts for friends
In deciding what gift to purchase, it would be kind to take your friend’s situation into account. If your friend is already living with their spouse, for instance, chances are that she already has enough houseware and may not even have room for extra furniture. By taking such facts into account, you will ensure that your gift will be particularly appreciated.
It is also expected that you will be ready to spend a little more on a friend than you would on other people who are not as close to you. A minimum of $100 is a good guide but again, you don’t have to spend this amount if your circumstances don’t allow. Avoid going into debt simply to finance a gift.
Besides, you can pool money together with other friends or relatives to buy a more expensive and memorable gift that would perhaps be too expensive for any of you to buy individually. Of course, the downside is that this would not be a personal gift and may not be the most appropriate way to appreciate a really close friend.
Be sure that you buy gifts that can be unwrapped in public without causing embarrassment, just in case the couple decides to open some of the gifts at their wedding occasion. Things such as lingerie should only be given to your friend privately.
Top selection of wedding gifts for friends
At finder.com.au, you can easily find whatever gift you have decided to purchase from our wide selection of top retailers from around the world. These are all credible firms with a solid track record.
When you get into the website, you can check out the exclusive deals section to see whether there are any offers that will please you there. Better still, you can go to the shopping links to check what specific retailers have to offer. If you don’t have too much time, you can opt to check a retailer with a wide range of products such as Amazon. A word of caution: you will need to check the restrictions on what you can or cannot order and have it shipped to Australia.
Why shop at finder.com.au for wedding gifts for your friends?
One of the best things about finder.com.au is that it brings together top retailers under one roof, so you don’t have to search far and wide to get the best possible deal. There are also exclusive deals and coupons that ensure you get the best value for your money.