Top wedding invitations for 2021
Looking for stylish invitations to impress your guests? Look no further.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Planning a wedding is a lot of effort, so why not make life a little easier for yourself by shopping for your invitations online? Not only can you easily compare prices, but you can also shop across styles to help you find one that you and your guests will absolutely love.
To get you started, we've rounded up some of the best places to shop wedding invitations online and picked out a bunch of our favourite designs for this year. We've also answered all your questions about what to include on your invites and listed our top tips to save yourself some cash.
Best wedding invitations for 2021
Flower Pattern Invitations Cards
Bohemian Watercolor Flower Wedding Invite Set.
Floral Wedding Invitation
FEIYI 25 Pieces Laser Cut Wedding Invitations Cards
Wishmade 50X Laser Cut Lace Wedding Invitations Cards Kit
Clésia Wedding Invitation Sets
Wishmade Wedding Invitations Cards Gold 50pcs Invite for Quinceanera
BOHEMIAN Wedding Invitation Template Kit
Gold Foil Wedding Invitation
Black on black with charcoal
Tri Fold Vertico Pocket Laser Cut Vine Wedding Invitations Cards
Rose Gold Foil Wedding Invitations
Wedding Invitation - 21.6 x 13.9 cm Flat - Standard matte
Noleen Elegant Wedding Invitation Sets
Rose Gold & Blush Wedding Invitation
Laser Cut Invitation Wedding Invitation
Blush Pink Wedding Invitation
Blush Wedding invitation
Frequently asked questions
- When should I send the wedding invitations? The general rule is 8 -12 weeks before the wedding. It gives everybody time to plan, particularly if you have out-of-town guests who will need to travel. If you are planning on getting married overseas though, you may want to consider sending them much earlier (around 3 months beforehand) so that your guests can save up to book their flights and accommodation.
- How should I word my invitation? Is there a formula? There is a traditional way to word your wedding invitations but this will depend very much on the kind of wedding you are throwing. The traditional Anglo-Saxon wording is along the lines of: "Dear Mr James, Mr and Mrs Jones and Mr and Mrs Peters request the honour of your presence at the marriage of Mary Jones and Tom Peters". However, many couples are now opting for more informal wording, such as "Kell & James, We are getting married! Please come to celebrate with us at …. Love, Mary and Tom".
- Where do I put the information about dress code? The dress code information is generally placed at the bottom right-hand corner.
Details to include on wedding invitations
The ideal invitation should tell your guests everything they need to know about your wedding so that you don't need to contact each guest individually. To ensure your guests have all the information they need for your big day, remember to include the following:
- The basics: Your wedding invitations should include who is getting married along with the names of your parents. If you are having your ceremony at a venue different from your reception, both addresses and the start times should also be printed, including the time the meal will be served. If your reception will be held at the same place as the ceremony, a simple "reception to follow" will suffice.
- Dress code: The dress code should always be included on the wedding invitation so that your guests know what is appropriate. Remember no one likes to be under or over dressed, so make it clear if your wedding is a formal or low-key affair. If you're having a themed wedding, make that theme very clear too.
- Accommodation information: If you are having your wedding overseas or out of town, let your guests know about the accommodation possibilities and who to contact to make a reservation.
- RSVP: Include the date you would like your guests to RSVP by as well as the contact details of the person you would like them to RSVP to.
Tips to saving money on wedding invitations
- Shop around for a great deal. Nowadays, there are so many printing and paper companies that offer great deals and services on wedding invitations. For instance, Vistaprint has a fantastic range of stylish wedding invitation templates that can be easily personalised with your own message and graphics. A service that posts the cards to your mailing list for you, potentially saving you a bundle on postage fees, is also available.
- With so many printing techniques to choose from, how you choose to print can either cost or save you money. Embossed prints are typically pricier than flat ink, but it’s still best to do your research as you might find a flashy printing trick on sale.
- Bulk buying is always the cheapest option. If you can get your thank you cards as a part of the wedding invitation package as well, you may want to consider doing so as it will often save you money in the long run.
- Don’t forget to count the postage costs.
- Proofread your invitations before you order them to ensure there are no mistakes. Triple check them and then get someone else to proofread them for you too.
- Order extras in case you make a mistake or forget someone. Better to do it now than later.
Looking to shop invitations online? Check out the latest deals
Popular Etsy coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|5 Jan 2021||Up to $50 off site-wide||VPS****|
|29 Dec 2020||Up to 40% off clothing, shoes, accessories and more||********|
|28 Dec 2020||FREE 30 days of website builder||********|
|28 Dec 2020||FREE standard delivery||********|
|12 Jan 2021||Valentine's Day gifts from just $10.88||********|
Main image: Etsy
More guides on Finder
The top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) 2021: What you need to know
Afterpay Australian Fashion Week is coming. Here's your complete guide to the newly designed fashion show.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
Love, Bonito discount codes and coupons January 2021
Love, Bonito has high quality clothing, intimates and loungewear for women and kids. Update your look with this seasons styles.
Where to buy sporting and recreational products with Zip Pay | Full list 2021
Get a head start on your next adventure thanks to the online retailers offering Zip Pay.
Women’s clothing stores that offer Zip Pay | Full list 2021
Overhaul your closet sooner thanks to these retailers that offer buy now pay later service Zip Pay.
Men’s clothing stores that offer Zip Pay | Full list 2021
Freshen up your wardrobe for less with the online stores offering payment service Zip Pay.
Sites to buy home and office furniture with Zip Pay | Full list 2021
Update your furniture and appliances sooner thanks to the stores letting you pay off your purchase in easy instalments.
Food and alcohol stores that offer Zip Pay: Full list 2021
If you're looking to make your next grocery shop more affordable, these stores can help you to break up to the cost.
MAC Cosmetics Black Friday sales 2021
Explore all the hottest Black Friday deals and discounts on offer throughout the event at MAC Cosmetics right here.
Ask an Expert