Weddings are also a special milestone for the parents of the newlyweds. Here are some fantastic gift ideas for the mum and dad of the bride or groom.
When it comes to gift-giving on weddings, there are some rules that you should always keep in mind. The first rule is to always buy from the registry. If you’re buying a present for your child on their wedding day, make sure it’s something they will love. A great way to do this is to buy from their registry. As the parent, you may want to select that special item off their registry that not just anyone would buy for them.
The next rule to keep in mind is that kitchen, entertainment, bed and bath gifts are a must. Give them something that they can use in their everyday life as a married couple and something to make their home feel special.
Another rule is to not spend less than $50. Obviously the present itself is what is important but it’s a general rule of thumb to spend at least $50. The amount of money you spend may vary based on how close your relationship is. If you’re buying a gift for your child, you should spend more than what your neighbour may spend on their present.
Giving a big group gift is another good idea. This is a great idea if you are buying a present for the parents of the couple. If a few close friends of the couple’s parents join together and buy a big ticket present, this will be a thoughtful gesture. The final rule is to buy the gift within two months, as it’s bad taste to give a gift too late after the wedding and an ontime gift will be greatly appreciated by the couple especially if it’s a gift for their new home.
Top selection of wedding gift for parents
Selecting wedding gifts for parents is simple with finder.com.au. Simply look through the discount codes, retailers and products available and find the perfect gift from the retailer of you choice. Whether you already know what you’re looking for or have no idea, you’ll be able to find something with finder.com.au.
Best experiences to get as wedding gifts
Left gift buying to the last minute? Buy one of these online gift vouchers:
Wedding gifts ideas for parents
Buying a wedding gift doesn’t always have to be a hard task. There are many great ideas both for parents buying their child a wedding gift or buying a gift for the couple’s parents. One of the most popular wedding gifts would be flowers. Flowers are universal and are closely associated with weddings and celebrations. They are also a very appropriate gift for wedding anniversaries and each anniversary has a unique flower. Another easy gift is chocolates. Buying some chocolates for the couple’s parents is a very simple way to say congratulations on your child getting married. Picture frames are another beautiful wedding gift. This is a great present for both parties, as it allows them to display pictures from the special day in their home and always remember the moment. You can also get themed photo frames and get special wedding ones.
If you’re looking for a grander gesture for your child or for the parents of the couple, there’s a large range of appropriate items you can choose from. One great idea is a piece of art. Giving artwork is a beautiful way to congratulate the parents on their children moving into the next stage of their lives. Another great idea for your children is a large ticket kitchen appliance, like a fridge or dishwasher, something that they may not be able to afford yet on their own. The couple will really appreciate the grand gesture behind the gift and the functionality of it. Another special gift idea is jewellery. Buy your daughter or the mother of the bride a special piece of sentimental jewellery that will last for a lifetime.
Tips in choosing wedding gifts for parents
Selecting the best wedding gifts for parents doesn’t have to be a difficult process. Keep these simple tips in mind and you will find something very appropriate for the occasion.
- Think about who you are buying for - Keep this in mind in every stage of the decision-making process. Think about the recipient and the appropriateness of the gift. For example, buying a gift for your mother is very different to buying a gift for your father-in-law. Consider their taste and get a gift that they will love.
- What they need - A great wedding gift is always something useful. Think about what they really need in their life or check out the register to get a gift that will really be appreciated.
- Do your research - Before buying a gift, make sure you check out all the options out there. It may also be a good idea to talk to their friends and family to get a better understanding of what they want.
- Set your budget - Don’t feel like you have to spend a lot of money to get a gift that is meaningful. Sometimes the less expensive and more sentimental gifts are the best gifts. Before you start shopping, set your budget and try to find gifts that are within your budget.
- Decide on whether you want to purchase a practical gift or a sentimental one - Do you want to buy a gift that’s functional, something they can use in their everyday life like a fridge? Or would you rather buy a gift that is meaningful and special to them such as a piece of jewellery? This is a very important question to keep in mind when selecting a gift.
Current deals and specials
Why shop at finder.com.au for wedding gifts for parents?
Shopping for wedding gifts has never been easier with the help of finder.com.au. Find the best wedding gifts for parents or for your children all in the one easy location. Browse through the large selection and select a special gift to mark the occasion.
With competitive prices and discount codes available, you don’t have to spend big to find a beautiful wedding gift. Some retailers even offer free shipping so you can shop at all the best retailers and have your goods delivered for free - right to your doorsteps. finder.com.au has reviews available on retailers so deciding where to shop online is easy. Take the stress out of shopping for wedding gifts with finder.com.au.Back to top