If you’re stuck for ideas of what to give to a soon-to-be married couple, consider something from the finder.com.au wedding gift guide.
Some brides and grooms are easy to shop for, others may have a wedding gift registry which makes choosing gifts a breeze. But what if the couple hasn’t registered any gifts? Don’t fret – we’ve come up with a wedding gift guide that will make choosing the best wedding gift simple.
Best wedding gifts for August 2019
Love Knots Silver Toasting Flute Pair
Vera Wang Wedgwood Infinity Silver Frame 4"X6"
Kate Spade New York Two of a Kind His/Hers DOF Pair
NEW Philips Avance Collection Airfryer
Oil Burner Aromatherapy Ceramic Flower
Sheridan Luxury Egyptian Bath Mat
Lace Wedding Album 200Pht 4X6
Ceramic Bathroom Accessories 4 Piece Set
Wolf Gourmet 4 Slice Toaster (WGTR114S) (Black)
Guarana & Coffee Skin Energising Kit
The Body Shop
Riedel Curly Decanter
Vera Wang Wedgwood Lace Platinum Plate 20cm
Nostalgia BSET300RETRORED Retro 3-in-1 Family Size Breakfast Station
Jo Malone London Pomegranate Noir Scent Surround Diffuser
Ninja Professional Blender (BL610)
Amazon US site
Wedgwood Byzance Set Of 4 Teacups And Saucers
Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker System
Amazon US site
Vremi 15 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
Amazon US site
Vera Wang Wedgwood Chime 56 Piece Cutlery Set
Sunbeam Aviva 6L Multi Cooker
KitchenAid KSB1585 Diamond Blender Empire Red
Private Collection Supima Cotton Queen Bed Sheet Set
Breville BSC500 Flavour Maker Slow Cooker
Sequin Crystal Champagne Saucer Pair
How does a gift registry work?
Gift registries are a good way for a groom and bride-to-be to graciously ask for gifts that they really want. It also allows the gift giver to buy something that they know will be greatly appreciated. The registries themselves are not maintained by the couple, but are usually hosted by a retailer – usually a department store.
Once they have selected items for their registry, their friends and family can choose which particular ones that the couple might like for their upcoming wedding. The gift giver usually then travels to the store and purchases the item or visits the store's website.
Once purchased, the clerk or staff will remove the item from the registry so there are no duplicate items to the recipient. They'll also physically put aside your gift and deliver them to the couple.
How do you choose the best wedding gifts?
If the bride and groom haven't created a gifts registry then here are some suggestions that can help you find the perfect wedding gift for their special day.
- Wedding gifts should reflect the needs and interest of the bride and groom. Usually household items such as kitchenware or homewares are acceptable gifts to give.
- If you know the bride and groom well, then you can be a bit more adventurous when you're shopping. If you're a casual friend or a colleague, a classic gift is usually the way to go. Personalised gifts specific to either the bride or groom should be given at the bridal shower or bachelor party.
- If the couple has registered, the department store is usually listed on the wedding invitation. If you can't find those items, make sure you find alternate items at other stores that are almost the same.
- Don't feel obligated to spend a fortune on wedding gifts. What matters most is that you've put thought into it.
- Talk to the family and close friends to get an idea of what types of wedding gifts would be ideal.
- Think about the age of the couple; if they're young and starting a new home where gifts like appliances would be favourable. If it's a second marriage, the type of gifts needed might be different, especially if both already have established homes.
Get the latest deals:
Popular Gifts & Flowers coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|23 Aug 2019||FREE standard delivery on all orders||THA****|
|23 Aug 2019||20% off gifts for Father's Day||PAP****|
|21 Aug 2019||Choose from three 4-piece gifts with purchase||GOO****|
|20 Aug 2019||$20 off 15,000ft tandem skydive||HER****|
|8 Aug 2019||Up to $50 off your orders||VPS****|
Main image: Getty