Find that dream wedding gown when shopping for your wedding dress.
Women have always had the choice of having a wedding dress custom-made to fit their preference or to purchase a ready-made gown. It is also common for brides to choose to wear a special family heirloom passed down from generation to generation. The history of weddings and wedding dresses is fascinating, as various cultures and religious convictions have contributed to how wedding dresses are designed today.
Top wedding dress selection
Faironly Lace Modified A-line Bridal Gown Wedding Dress from Amazon US site
Full-length ivory dress made of lace with a removable white sash at the waist makes for the perfect wedding gown. It features a sweetheart neckline and a strapless design.View details
Badgley Mischka Collection Cowl Back Beaded Gown from ShopBop.com
An elegant white gown with beading decoration at the waist with a draped cowl back. It comes with a hidden side zip and cap sleeves and is fully lined..View details
Adrianna Papell Embellished Pleat-Panel Mermaid Gown from Macy's
Make a grand entrance with this wedding gown. It features a stunning confection of elegant chiffon and crystal bead details that you will surely love.View details
FairOnly Women's Halter Bridal Dress from Amazon US site
Full-length satin white and red dress with beading and embroidery detail makes for an elegant and unique wedding gown. The dress comes with a halter A line neckline design.View details
Marchesa Embroidered Lace Dress from ShopBop.com
Casual and modern, this Marchesa dress features intricate beaded lace, sequins shimmer, an asymmetrical neckline and scalloped edges. Its back zip is hidden and comes with a silk lining. Get to show off your beautiful legs and fully defined waist, and enjoy the comfort of this knee-length dress.View details
Current deals and specials
How to choose a wedding dress
Finding the perfect dress for your wedding can be an audacious task and most brides end up trying on as much as ten dresses before finding the one they like most. In order to ensure that your wedding goes on as planned and that you reduce the stress that comes with picking out the perfect dress, here are some helpful tips on how to choose the perfect wedding dress.
- Start shopping early. Allowing yourself enough time to look for a wedding dress can ensure you avoid the last minute shopping rush that piles the pressure of picking out a dress that is perfect for your big day. It is never too early to start looking around for a dress and checking out various wedding gowns online can make the process of shopping very easy, faster and convenient.
- Take someone along. When going shopping, make sure you take someone whose opinion you trust along with you. Consulting with a bridesmaid, trusted friend or expert in wedding dresses can ensure you end up picking a dress that complements your style. The person you choose to help you pick out a dress can also help you look at bridal magazines and other online stores so that you can zero in on the wedding dress of your dreams.
Wedding dress colours
Modern brides have the privilege of having unlimited options when it comes to the colour of their wedding dress. Choosing a wedding dress colour that complements your style and flatters you most can help improve your self-confidence during the wedding and make you all the more beautiful on your big day. The colour you settle on can help you be more coordinated with your bridal party and make the whole ceremony more elegant.
For most brides, the season in which they get married also plays a big part in their wedding dress colours. Certain colours, such as blue and pink, are popular during spring, while white and other warm fall colours blend perfectly with colder seasons.
Every bride deserves to have a wedding dress whose colours compliment her natural features, like her hair and skin colour. Brides usually have the choice of going for a coloured wedding dress that can enhance the colour scheme of the whole ceremony, or go for a traditional white dress that brightens up the event. White coloured wedding gowns are traditionally used to signify the purity of the bride, while other bright colours, such as red and pink, are a symbol of love and passion.
Smart ways to save money on your wedding dress.
Saving money on your wedding dress can help you put aside more money for the wedding ceremony or ensure that you can afford a sweet honeymoon. Here are a few tips on how you can save money on your wedding dress.
- Rent your wedding dress. One of the best ways to get a wedding gown that is within your budget is to rent it from a formal wear shop. By doing so, you can get a dress that would have set you back a couple of thousand dollars for a fraction of its retail price.
- Shop at thrift stores. Most dresses end up being sold to contingent shops for other brides to purchase at a lower price. So, brides can purchase both new and used wedding gowns at such stores and end up getting a very good wedding gown at a reduced price.
- Go for a custom-made gown. Instead of going a ready-made gown, you can have one designed by your local tailor for a reduced price or have your tailor emulate a gown you have seen online instead of going for a designer wedding gown.
The history of wedding dresses
A wedding dress is one of the most essential parts of a wedding ceremony, but only a few realise where this ageless tradition of dressing up a bride in a traditional wedding gown came from.
Early cultures in Europe used to dress up their brides in red so as to invoke fertility and to keep off evil spirits during the wedding ceremony. On the other hand, early Christians preferred blue wedding gowns to symbolise the purity of the bride. Until recent times, white wedding gowns were widely considered impractical, with many brides preferring grey dresses as they were considered more modest and practical.
White wedding gowns were mostly used by the royals and the wealthy in society to symbolise the purity of the bride and the marriage as a whole. In recent history, the design the bride chose was widely determined by the trending fashion of the time. For instance, many wedding gowns in the 1920s were short at the front with a long train attached to the back.
Why shop at finder.com.au for wedding dresses?
- Convenience. Instead of walking around from shop to shop, you can reduce the hassle of shopping for a wedding gown by going online. Online retailers found at finder.com.au can provide you with a wide selection of products at the click of a mouse and we even provide a detailed description of the wedding gowns on sale.
- Free shipping. Having your wedding gown delivered to your doorstep at no extra cost is something that every customer would want, as it saves you time and money. At finder.com.au, you can find retailers who offer free shipping on certain products above a certain price range.
- Save money. You can get to find out about available deals and special offers on wedding gowns available online if you shop at finder.com.au. You can save even more if you cash in on the promo code specifically offered to all our customers.
- Retailer reviews. The customer feedback available on the wedding dress you want will help you know if your choice retailer is reliable and will make it easier for you to gauge the quality and popularity of the gown you end up picking.