Are you yet to find the perfect gift for your wedding anniversary? Don’t despair. Use our detailed guide to ensure you won’t feel horribly guilty because you haven’t lived up to your other half’s present-expectations on the day.
Your wedding day marks one of the most important stages of life. So the wedding anniversary – which symbolises the milestones and years you’ve spent together – should not be overlooked as just another day.
And let’s face it. If you forget and your other half doesn’t (and makes a big deal about it), it could mean no more fondling between the sheets for the foreseeable future. It’s not a risk you want to take – so make sure you give him/her something special on your anniversary to celebrate another year together.
These days, gifts to commemorate wedding anniversaries can be grouped into two categories: the traditional and the modern. Cotton, silk, linen, paper and pottery are more traditional gifts, while jewellery, electronics, leather goods and silverware fall in the modern category.
The gift you choose is also determined by the number of years, as every anniversary calls for a different token of love.
Current deals and specials
Top retailers for wedding anniversary gifts
Still considering your options and afraid to make that long-haul trip to the shops to search the racks for perfection with the fear that you could spend hours and stress yourself into a corner in the process? Let us make things easier for you with the best wedding anniversary gifts you can buy online, right now.
Mini Star Ring from THE ICONIC
Add a star to her accessory collection with this beautiful Mini Star Ring.View details
Trumpers Trumper Selection Gift Set ($108.51) from The Hut
This set of four men's fragrances comes with GFT cologne, Spanish leather, Sandalwood cologne, and extract of lime cologne.View details
Pink Roses ($109, inc. delivery) from Flowers for Everyone
You can never go wrong with flowers. Express your love for her with a bouquet of light pink florals. They even come beautifully arranged in a white and gold gift box.View details
Popular wedding anniversary gift ideas
Fact: even the least savvy present shopper can get the wedding anniversary gift right. So yeah, if you thought you could get away with saying you suck at gift shopping and leave it at that, then you’re sorely mistaken.
Another fact: You don’t suck. You just need a little nudge in the right direction, which is why we’re here.
The easiest way to get the gift-buying process going is to think of what your other half loves or needs and purchase something along those lines. Here are some quick and easy gift ideas to inspire you:
- Jewellery. A favourite gift, this will definitely bring a smile to your partner’s face.
- Leather goods. From wallets and bookbinders to a leather jacket, leather goods make a great gift to mark your third year anniversary.
- Flowers. There’s no better way to express your innermost feelings than with a bouquet of flowers. You can choose the specific flower that goes along with your anniversary year, or you may choose your partner’s favourite flowers. You could also go with the flowers that were at your wedding to make the day special.
- Paper. Perfect for a traditional first year anniversary, paper gifts can range from tickets and books, to a love poem or love letter. This makes for a simple gift and gives you the opportunity to tap into your creative side.
- Cotton. Cotton clothes make for the perfect traditional gift and is usually great for the second year wedding anniversary. Choose a dress, a shirt and cute bathrobes, depending on which you think suits your partner best.
- Electronic appliances. A blender, mixer, or a new blu-ray player is a modern gift to commemorate your anniversary. An added advantage is that you can get a gift that will suit either male or female.
- Fragrances. Get your better half a sweet-smelling perfume that will remind you of them every time you smell it. You can get a fragrance specifically designed for the occasion.
How to ensure you pick the best wedding anniversary gift
Still feeling overwhelmed by the number of gifts and products available to choose from? Here are a few tips on how to choose the best wedding anniversary gift for your partner.
- Anniversary year. Every year marks a different point in the life of your marriage which should be translated into the anniversary gift you exchange. It’s customary to give paper gifts in the first year of marriage, which can be in the form of tickets or even a love poem. Cotton is preferred for the second year, while leather goods are perfect for third-year anniversary. The year you are celebrating with your other half can help guide you to the gift you should get.
- Partner’s interests and likes. Getting your partner a gift she or he actually likes can make your celebration more special. Your knowledge of your partner should help dictate the type of gift to buy. Even if it’s something simple like a dinner for two, or a plush toy, if you personalise your gift, it will end up meaning more to them than a high price tag.
- Budget. When shopping for anniversary gifts, it’s very easy to get carried away by the beauty of a gift without taking the time to check how much it’ll cost you. Before starting to shop, give yourself a budget so you can concentrate on searching for gifts that fall within it.
Why shop at finder.com.au for wedding anniversary gifts
Shopping for a wedding anniversary gift to impress and that your partner will appreciate can be a daunting experience, but finder.com.au helps eliminate all the stress and worry. We do by offering:
- The convenience of online shopping. This means that you don’t have to move from store to store looking for the right gift for your loved one. You’ll also be able to work around your busy schedule as you can order your gift from the comfort of your home.
- Affordable prices. Our online retailers offer the best prices in the market with specials, discounts and promo codes that you will only find at finder.com.au/deals.
- Free shipping. You’ll benefit from great shipping prices with some retailers offering free shipping for any purchases above a certain amount.
- Retailer reviews. All our online retailers have high customer feedback, this allows you to verify the quality of the product and its customer service.