Receive cover for unforseen medical events and personal liability with Webjet travel insurance.
Webjet Medical and Personal Liability Insurance provides limited cover for those who are only looking for medical and personal liability cover. If you are in the market for budget cover, this policy may be of interest.
Receive a quote for Webjet Travel Insurance
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
With the Webjet Medical and Personal Liability cover, you can have travel insurance that covers you for only the features you want and need, at a fraction of the cost of a standard policy.
The medical benefits of the Medical and Personal Liability policy include cover for, unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance, medical evacuation or funeral expenses, including:
- The ability to contact Allianz Global Assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week for assistance or advice
- Access to a medical adviser or emergency medical treatment
- Providing a written guarantee to cover reasonable emergency hospitalisation expenses
- Transfer or evacuation to the nearest hospital, or repatriation, as required
- Fund provisions to allow your dependents to return to Australia if you are repatriated
- Cover for overseas funeral or cremation, or the return of your remains to Australia.
Cover for unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses includes:
- A reimbursement of medical or hospital expenses incurred until your return to Australia
- Cover for expenses incurred on the advice of a medical adviser, where you have taken every effort to minimise these expenses
- Returning you to Australia for treatment
- Emergency dental treatment up to the value of $1,000 for each insured person.
You will also be covered by personal liability insurance, which means you are protected for:
- Your legal liability for compensation in the event of death or bodily injury, or for the physical loss of or damage to property
- Events which were the result of an accident or series of accidents
- The legal costs associated with the claim
Some of the exclusions you should be aware of under your Webjet travel insurance policy include:
- No claim will be paid if you are not acting to responsibly protect yourself and your property
- You cannot claim for events which result from acting illegally or against government regulations
- You cannot claim for events for which you are under the influence of alcohol or non prescription drugs
- You are not covered for pre existing conditions outside of those specified on your policy document
- You are not covered if you take blood thinning medication
- You cannot make a claim on a journey which was booked against the advice of a medical practitioner
- You cannot claim for events which are the result of an already diagnosed terminal illness
- You cannot claim directly or indirectly for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless the pregnancy is not high risk, is a single pregnancy and not past 23 weeks
- Your claim cannot relate in any way to a form of mental illness including dementia, depression, anxiety, stress, nervous conditions, behavioural issues, therapeutic or illicit drug or alcohol addiction
- Your claim can not relate to driving or riding on a motorcycle, scooter or moped unless you have an Australian motorcycle license
Webjet is an award winning travel agency, and has been operating in Melbourne for 17 years. The Australian based company has leveraged the connectivity and expertise of an online travel agent to create intuitive, inclusive, tailored and affordable travel insurance products. Therefore, if you are covered under the Medical and Personal Liability Plan from Webjet, and you need urgent assistance or advice, you can be instantly connected to the resources of the Allianz Global Assistance network.
Allianz Global Assistance is the largest network of its kind in the world, and offers you 24/7 emergency assistance wherever you are in the world. You can contact the Australian based call centre for emergency assistance services, advice on your policy and help making a claim.Back to top
When comparing travel insurance policies, remember that Webjet travel insurance includes a 14 day cooling off period. This means you can process your application and take out cover, and if you change your mind within the cooling off period, you can cancel your cover and receive a refund of any premiums paid. You will only receive a refund if you have not made a claim on your policy and if you have yet to leave on your journey.
You are eligible to apply for the Medical and Personal Liability Plan from Webjet travel insurance if:
- You are an Australian resident
- You purchase your travel insurance before you leave Australia
- Your travel begins and ends in Australia
- You are 75 years or under
Making an insurance claim is often a dreaded and daunting task, which you worry will be filled with probing questions and unyielding investigations of your actions. However, with Webjet travel insurance you are working with the Allianz Global Assistance team to process your claim, and their team of insurance experts are highly trained in expediting the claims process with the minimum of stress.
This means that all you have to do is:
- Call Allianz Global Assistance, who will guide you through the claims process and in many cases complete the claim over the phone.
- If additional documentation is required, send the original copies of police reports, medical reports, valuations or receipts to your insurer as soon as possible.
- Your claim will be processed within ten days of the claim form being completed.
We all like to feel as though we are getting good value for money, but value means not missing out on any of the best bits. With tailored medical and personal liability travel insurance you are covered for the benefit limits of the Comprehensive policy, but without having to pay for the other features you don’t want or need.Back to top