Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance will cover the basics without breaking the bank.
Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance provides affordable cover, without cutting out any important features. With Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance you’ll be covered for:
- Emergency medical assistance plus hospital and medical expenses
- Loss, theft or damage to personal effects and luggage
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits if your plans change
- Emergency travel and accommodation in case of the serious illness, injury or death of a loved one
- Personal liability insurance in case of litigation against you for personal injury or property damage
Webjet is backed by Allianz, one of the world’s top insurance and financial groups. This means your travel insurance is:
- From a company who has been based in Melbourne for more than 17 years
- Diverse enough to tailor to Australian travellers’ needs while reflecting world travel and insurance trends
- Connecting you to the world’s largest global assistance network with Allianz Global Assistance
- Covering you for up to 43 pre-existing conditions
- Covering you until you’re 74 years old
- Paid for using credit card, debit card, PayPal, Flybuys points, American Express Rewards points or Bankwest rewards points
- Accumulating Flybuys points
Receive a quote for WebJet Essentials Travel Insurance
Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance benefits
The Essentials cover from Webjet Travel Insurance is an abbreviated version of their Comprehensive plan with slightly lower benefit amounts. This makes the policy more affordable but ensures you're covered for the basics. The Essentials Travel Insurance policy covers you for:
- Cancellations and lost deposits. If you have to cancel your travel because of circumstances outside of your control, you can claim back lost deposits or cancellation fees for up to $10,000 on a singles or couples policy and up to $20,000 on a family policy.
- Overseas emergency medical assistance. Webjet travel insurance has unlimited cover for medical assistance on singles, couples and family plans when you are travelling overseas.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. There is also unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital bills on singles, couples and family plans.
- Additional expenses. If you need to return home to a sick or dying family member, Webjet Essentials covers you for $25,000 of additional accommodation and travel expenses on a single or couples policy and up to $50,000 on a family policy.
- Travel documents and credit cards. Webjet Essentials includes a $500 benefit on a singles or couples policy and $1,000 on a family policy to replace lost or stolen travel documents, credit cards or traveller’s cheques.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your luggage or personal items are lost, stolen or damaged, you can claim up to $3,000 on a singles and couples policy or $6,000 on a family policy. Depreciation is applied to the items to calculate the benefit amount.
- Luggage delay. You can purchase essential personal items if your luggage is delayed, to the value of $250 on a single or couples policy and $500 on a family policy.
- Cover for travel delays. If your travel provider is delayed, you are covered for emergency or incidental costs up to $2,000 for singles and couples and up to $4,000 for family cover.
- Alternative transport cover. If you have to organise alternative cover for a special event such as a wedding, funeral, sporting event or tour, you’ll be covered for up to $2,000 on a single or couples policy and $4,000 on a family policy.
- Personal liability insurance. You’re able to cover legal and litigation costs which arise against you, to the value of $2.5 million.
Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance exclusions
Just as you must carefully compare the features and benefit limits of travel insurance policies, you also need to compare the exclusions and consider how different providers limit their coverage. Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance will not pay if:
- You acted in an irresponsible manner
- You did not do everything in your power to reduce the loss
- Your claim is for consequential loss
- Your claim is the result of a situation that you knew had the potential to result in a claim
- Your claim is the result of an illegal act
- Your claim is for reimbursement for anything confiscated, detained or destroyed by the government
- Your loss is recoverable through another form of compensation such as workers compensation, medical benefits scheme or government-sponsored fund
- Your claim is for an event associated with driving or being a passenger on a motorcycle, moped or scooter, and you or the person driving did not have a valid Australian motorcycle license
- Your claim is for epidemic or pandemic
- Your claim is for loss that you suffered while travelling to a country with an Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs warning
- Your claim arises from any act of war, rebellion or revolution
- Your claim is for effects of a nuclear reaction or nuclear contamination, or from biological or chemical materials designed for harm and destruction.
Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance assistance
When you are insured with Webjet, you are travelling with the backing of a major international travel expert whose insurance policies are underwritten by a world-leading financial and insurance group, Allianz Global Assistance.
If you are faced with a medical emergency, loss, theft or another incident, and you’re still not sure whether you are eligible to make a claim, you can call the Allianz Global Assistance team for help and advice. They can offer you medical and insurance advice, and advise you on whether to proceed with a claim. They can then make the necessary contacts and arrangements for benefits to be paid, or repatriation to be commenced.Back to top
Who is eligible for a Webjet Essentials Travel Insurance policy?
The Essentials policy from Webjet travel insurance is available to all Australian residents aged 74 years or younger. You must purchase your policy before you depart on your holiday, and your journey must start and end in Australia.
You then have a 14 day cooling off period. If you choose to cancel your cover during this time, you will receive a full refund of any premiums paid, as long as you haven’t made a claim and haven’t already left for your trip.Back to top
Making a claim with Webjet Travel Insurance
If you suffer an event that results in your needing to make a claim, you need to contact Allianz Global Assist as soon as is reasonably possible. You must provide Allianz with all pertinent information to the claim. This includes police and medical reports, valuations, receipts and proof of ownership.
You must co-operate with Allianz at all times and supply any reasonable information it requires.
Claims will be paid in Australian dollars. Claims will be paid to the policyholder unless you specifically instruct Allianz to pay someone else. The exchange rate that is applied will be the rate at the time the expense was incurred.Back to top