Find straightforward, affordable cover for your trip with Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance
Webjet are leaders in compiling the best travel deals, accommodation and airfares to any destination around the world, and you will find the same great value and inclusive features in their Comprehensive Travel Insurance such as:
Receive quote for Webjet comprehensive travel cover
The Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance is the highest level of cover you can have, offering unrestricted benefits and features for every eventuality, including:
- Inclusive package deals. With Webjet travel insurance, you are able to take advantage of combining the latest international and domestic flight deals, hotel accommodation, holiday packages and car hire, cutting out extra time, hassle and costs.
- Dedicated customer support. When you are travelling, you can feel very alone if something goes wrong, which is why Webjet maintain a 24 hour a day, seven day a week, phone line for you to contact from anywhere in the world, and speak with a trained insurance and travel expert.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay for your Webjet travel insurance using any major credit card, a debit card, PayPal, Flybuys points, American Express reward points or Bankwest reward points.
- Collect rewards. When you book with Webjet you can earn Flybuys points, and redeem your points on other bookings.
- Global strength and assurance. Webjet is authorised to offer travel insurance advice and products underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance.
- Single, duo or family cover. Single cover insures you and any dependents travelling with you, duo cover insures you and a travelling companion and does not provide cover for any dependents, while family cover insures you and all members of your family travelling with you.
- Cancellations and lost deposits. This feature pays an unlimited benefit for cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation if you have to cancel your trip for circumstances outside of your control.
- Overseas medical emergency. Pays an unlimited benefit for overseas emergency medical assistance, and overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Also pays a $1,000 benefit for dental expenses.
- Additional expenses benefit. In the event your plans are disrupted due to illness or injury, you can be reimbursed for up to $50,000 in additional expenses for accommodation and travel.
- Accidental death benefit. If you die as the result of an injury suffered while travelling, your beneficiaries are paid a benefit of up to $25,000.
- Permanent disability. If you are permanently disabled after an accident or injury sustained while travelling, you can receive a benefit of up to $25,000.
- Loss of income. If you are permanently unable to work as the result of an injury suffered while travelling you can be paid a benefit of up to $10,400.
- Travel documents, cash and credit cards. If your passport or travel documents, traveller’s cheques or credit card are lost or stolen, you can be covered for up to $5,000 of losses. In the event you have cash stolen from you, you can claim for a benefit of $250.
- Luggage and personal effects. You can claim for the replacement or repair of luggage and personal items which are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
- Travel delays. You can receive a benefit of up to $1,000 if your travel plans and transport are delayed.
- Alternative transport. If you have to organise for alternative transport to a special event because of delays, you can receive a benefit of up to $5,000.
- Personal liability insurance. You have $5 million of personal liability insurance when you travel on Webjet travel insurance.
- Rental vehicle excess. If you have to claim on the insurance of your rental vehicle because of damage, theft or accident, your insurer can pay the excess amount, up to $3,000.
- Service provider insolvency. If one of your travel services providers becomes insolvent, you can claim for a benefit of up to $10,000.
While the Comprehensive Webjet Travel Insurance plan is detailed in its inclusions, there are some limitations of travel insurance that you need to be aware of. For example, you cannot claim if:
- You are acting irresponsibly regarding yourself and your property.
- You do not do everything you can to reduce your loss.
- You were aware at the time of application that your circumstances would lead to a claim on your policy.
- You can recover the loss from another form of compensation such as worker’s compensation or government sponsored fund.
- The incident is the result of omissions on your behalf in the booking process.
- You break the law or other government prohibitions.
- You were riding a motorcycle, moped or scooter without an Australian motorcycle license.
- Your claim relates to an actual or likely pandemic or epidemic.
- You have travelled to destinations affected by government warnings.
- Your claim relates to an act of war, revolution or any form of rebellion.
- Your claim relates to nuclear reaction or contamination.
- Your claim relates to biological or chemical compounds for the purpose of harming human life.
When you are insured with Webjet, you are travelling with the backing of a major international travel expert, who is also underwritten by a world leading financial and insurance group, Allianz Global Assistance.
With Allianz Global Assistance you are just a phone call away from assistance or advice with medical emergencies, theft and damage recovery, and international contacts. You can contact Allianz Global Assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Back to top
You can purchase the comprehensive travel insurance policy from Webjet if:
- You are an Australian resident
- You purchase the policy before you leave on your holiday
- Your journey begins and ends in Australia
- You are 75 years old or under.
Once you have completed your application with Webjet travel insurance, you have a 14 day cooling off period in which to consider your options, and if you change your mind, you can receive a refund of any premiums already paid, as long as you have not made a claim, or commenced your journey.Back to top
The backing of Allianz Global Assistance means that your Webjet travel insurance benefits from hundreds of years of experience in the industry, and world leading systems and services, to make the claims process as easy as possible if something does go wrong. To make a claim on your comprehensive travel insurance:
- Call Allianz Global Assistance.
- Allianz Global Assistance will guide you through the claims process.
- Your claim can be processed over the phone right away.
- If additional documentation is required, you will need to provide original copies to Allianz with your claim.
- Make sure to keep a record of medical reports, invoices, purchase receipts, valuations or police reports relating to your claim.