Find straightforward and affordable cover for your trip with Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
Webjet are leaders in compiling the best travel deals, accommodation and airfares to any destination around the world, and you will find the same great value and inclusive features in their Comprehensive Travel Insurance such as:
- Lost luggage
- Stolen passports
- Fraudulent charges on your credit card
- Illness, injury or accident
- Medical or dental emergency
Receive quote for Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance cover
More Info About Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance
The Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance Plan is the highest level of cover you can get through Webjet, offering unrestricted benefits and features for every eventuality, including:
- Inclusive package deals. With Webjet travel insurance, you are able to take advantage of combining the latest international and domestic flight deals, hotel accommodation, holiday packages and car hire, while also cutting out extra time, hassle and costs.
- Dedicated customer support. You can contact a real Webject representative by phone 24 hours per day, 7 days per week from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay for your Webjet travel insurance using a number of sources including any major credit card, a debit card, PayPal, Flybuys points, American Express reward points or Bankwest reward points.
- Collect rewards. When you book with Webjet you can earn Flybuys points and redeem them for other bookings.
- Global strength and assurance. Webjet is authorised to offer travel insurance advice and products underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance.
- Single, duo or family cover. Single cover insures you and any dependents travelling with you. Duo cover insures you and a travelling companion but does not provide cover for any dependents. Family cover insures you and all members of your family travelling with you.
- Cancellations and lost deposits. This feature pays an unlimited benefit for cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation if you have to cancel your trip due to circumstances beyond your control.
- Overseas medical emergency. Pays an unlimited benefit for overseas emergency medical assistance, and overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Also pays a $1,000 benefit for dental expenses.
- Additional expenses benefit. In the event your plans are disrupted due to illness or injury, you can be reimbursed for up to $50,000 in additional expenses for accommodation and travel.
- Accidental death benefit. If you die as the result of an injury suffered while travelling, your beneficiaries are paid a benefit of up to $25,000.
- Permanent disability. If you are permanently disabled after an accident or injury sustained while travelling, you can receive a benefit of up to $25,000.
- Loss of income. If you are permanently unable to work as the result of an injury suffered while travelling, you can be paid a benefit of up to $10,400.
- Travel documents, cash and credit cards. If your passport or travel documents, traveller’s cheques or credit cards are lost or stolen, you can be covered for up to $5,000 in losses. In the event you have cash stolen from you, you can claim for a benefit of up to $250.
- Luggage and personal effects. You can claim for the replacement or repair of luggage and personal items that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
- Travel delays. You can receive a benefit of up to $2,000 if your travel plans and transport are delayed.
- Alternative transport. If you have to organise for alternative transport to a special event because of delays, you can receive a benefit of up to $5,000.
- Personal liability insurance. Webjet travel insurance gives you $5 million in personal liability insurance when you travel.
- Rental vehicle excess. If you have to claim on the insurance of your rental vehicle because of damage, theft or accident, your insurer can pay the excess amount up to $3,000. This is an optional benefit that will incur an additional premium should you decide to add it to your plan.
- Service provider insolvency. If one of your travel service providers becomes insolvent, you can claim for a benefit of up to $10,000.
While the Webjet Comprehensive Travel Insurance plan has many inclusions, there are some limitations that you need to be aware of. For example, you cannot claim if:
- You are acting irresponsibly regarding yourself and your property
- You do not do everything you can to reduce your loss
- You were aware at the time of application that your circumstances could lead to a claim on your policy
- You can recover the loss from another form of compensation such as worker’s compensation or a government-sponsored fund
- The incident is the result of omissions on your behalf in the booking process
- You break the law or other government prohibitions
- You were driving or riding in a motorcycle, moped or scooter in which the driver did not have an Australian motorcycle license
- Your claim relates to an actual or likely pandemic or epidemic
- You have travelled to destinations affected by government warnings
- Your claim relates to an act of war, revolution or any form of rebellion
- Your claim relates to nuclear reaction or contamination
- Your claim relates to biological or chemical compounds for the purpose of harming human life
When you are insured with Webjet, you are travelling with the backing of a major international travel expert, who is also underwritten by a world-leading financial and insurance group, Allianz Global Assistance.
If you are faced with a medical emergency, loss, theft or another incident, and you’re still not sure whether you are eligible to make a claim, you can call the Allianz Global Assistance team for help and advice. They can offer you medical and insurance advice, and advise you on whether to proceed with a claim. They can then make the necessary contacts and arrangements for benefits to be paid, or repatriation to be commenced.Back to top
You can purchase the comprehensive travel insurance policy from Webjet if:
- You are an Australian resident of any age
- You purchase the policy before you leave on your holiday
- Your journey begins and ends in Australia
The travel insurance application with Webjet is fast and simple, and you even have a 14 day cooling off period. If you change your mind during that time, you cancel it without obligation as long as you have not made a claim or commenced your journey.Back to top
The world-leading systems and services of Allianz Global Assistance make the claims process as easy as possible if something goes wrong. To make a claim on your comprehensive travel insurance:
- Call Allianz Global Assistance.
- Allianz Global Assistance will guide you through the claims process.
- Your claim can be processed over the phone right away.
- If additional documentation is required, you will need to provide original copies to Allianz, along with your claim.
- Make sure to keep a record of medical reports, invoices, purchase receipts, valuations or police reports relating to your claim.