Yahoo web hosting
Get your website online in just 30 minutes with Yahoo Small Business web hosting.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
About Yahoo Small Business
Yahoo has been hosting web pages since the early days of the Internet. Yahoo prides itself on the ease of use of its tools and provides everything you need to get your web presence happening quickly. Yahoo runs your website and email on a Unix operating system that it claims has a 99.9% uptime. All plans come with SpamGuard Plus and Norton AntiVirus, to protect you from online threats.
As would be expected of the web service’s giant, the marketing perks are better than average, with free automatic site submission to Yahoo, Google and Bing. If you need any help along the way, 24/7 phone and email support is available, plus a repository of online getting-started guides and video tutorials.
Yahoo web hosting plans and pricing
What types of web hosting plans does Yahoo provide?
Yahoo offers three different levels of shared web hosting plans: Basic, Advanced and Premier.
Shared hosting plans are useful for small to medium businesses, personal blogs and websites with relatively low traffic. All Yahoo hosting plans come with a free domain name, over 10 site pages, more than 250 email addresses and over 100 subdomains.
Additional features such as unlimited site pages, WordPress and backups are available with the Advanced plan.
The Premier plan includes everything in the Basic and Advanced plan and also offers unlimited storage and unlimited traffic, within the boundaries of what Yahoo considers reasonable for small websites. Read Yahoo’s terms and conditions for full details.
To simplify things further, Yahoo can host and manage your website for you for an additional cost. If you want to build an online store Yahoo has three e-commerce plans, all of which allow you to list unlimited products. Additional add-ons include: Localworks local marketing, Yahoo Mail for business, and tools that help with engagement and retention, conversion, advertising, customer contact and financing.
What hosting types are not offered by Yahoo?
Pros and cons of Yahoo web hosting
- Free domain name
- Lots of easy-to-use tools and free templates
- 24/7 customer support
- Free marketing credit and perks
- Payable monthly or yearly
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- No VPS, cloud, dedicated or reseller hosting plans are available
- Limited number of pages, traffic, storage and email accounts
- No access to WordPress in the Basic plan
- No free site builder in the Basic plan; only a selection of templates
How to sign up for a Yahoo website
- Choose a domain name. Yahoo will provide a free domain name or domain transfer. You can also shield your name and contact information with private domain registration for an additional fee.
- Select your plan. Unlike a number of other web hosting services, Yahoo’s advertised price doesn’t require a multi-year commitment. You can pay as little as one month or one year at a time, or get cheaper rates per month by choosing to commit to five years upfront.
- Set up a profile. Yahoo requires every user to set up a Yahoo Small Business account and profile, which is different from an account for Yahoo Mail or any other service from the company.
- Design your website. You can have your website online in as little as 30 minutes. Remember, every Yahoo website comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
What content management systems (CMS) are supported by Yahoo?
- WordPress is available with Advanced and Premier hosting plans.
- Joomla is not supported by Yahoo Small Business web hosting but it is still possible to install Joomla on your website.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Web developer resumes
Find out what to include in a web developer resume and how a customisable template could help you land your dream job.
How to start an event photography business
From practical steps to key legal documents, here's your checklist for launching an event photography company.
How to start an SEO business
Helpful tips for starting and running a successful SEO agency.
How to start a dog boarding business
From the legal to the practical, here's what you need to know before opening a dog boarding company.
How to start a network engineering business
Here's how to use your IT skills to start your own network engineering business.
How to start a timber flooring business
What you need to know before getting started with your timber flooring company.
How to start a web design business
A guide to help you start your web developer business off on the right foot.
How to start a legal services business
Here's what you'll want to consider to get ready to start your own legal firm.
Online course platforms
Learn about some of the top online course platforms that make it easy to create, deliver and sell your lessons.