SiteGround web hosting
SiteGround combines scalable web hosting services with 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SiteGround provides shared, cloud, dedicated and reseller hosting to more than one million domains. Since the organisation was founded in 2004, SiteGround has grown to employ more than 400 people across four offices in Europe and the United States. The web host stores its servers in four facilities, including one in Singapore.
The WordPress-recommended host offers fully managed WordPress hosting options as well as hosting support for several popular apps and programs. If you need help setting up your site, customer support is available 24/7. If SiteGround hosting doesn’t meet your expectations, you can receive a refund up to 30 days after purchasing your hosting plan.
Siteground pricing and plans
What types of web hosting does SiteGround offer?
SiteGround offers shared, cloud, dedicated and reseller hosting services. The provider also offers an Enterprise hosting option for large companies who need customised services, and supported and managed hosting for those who want to optimise their use of certain apps and platforms.
- Power Server and Super Power Server plans available
- Entry Server plan is sold out for the Asia-Pacific region but available in the United States and Europe
- 960+GB SSD
- 4-12 CPU cores
- 32-64GB RAM
- 10TB bandwidth
- StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek plans available
- 10-30GB web space
- 10,000-100,000 monthly visits
- Free site transfer, website builder and cPanel included with all plans
- Entry, Business, Business Plus and Super Power plans available
- 2-8 CPU cores
- 4-10GB memory
- 40-120GB SSD space
- 5TB data transfer
- Reseller hosting plans are available for web developers and designers. These plans are priced per amount of “reseller credits” you wish to use. All accounts start with 10GB web space, daily backups, free email accounts, unmetered date transfer and white label options.
- SiteGround also offers an Enterprise hosting plan, providing custom-built hosting for large companies. An account manager is included with every plan to give your organisation personalised support. Prices start at $2,000 per month and can go over $10,000 per month depending on your needs.
Supported app hosting
- SiteGround offers managed WordPress services for all its plans and options for supported Joomla, Drupal, Magento, PrestaShop and WooCommerce hosting.
What types of web hosting are not offered by SiteGround?
- VPS hosting
- Windows hosting
Pros and cons of SiteGround
- Shared, cloud, dedicated and reseller plans available
- Custom Enterprising hosting services for large businesses
- WordPress recommended
- Managed support for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento
- 24/7 customer support via phone, email and live chat
- Scalable plans to accommodate website growth
- A data centre in Singapore means optimal performance for Aussie sites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Windows operating system not available
- No VPS hosting plans offered
- Domain name cost is not included in all plans
- No month-to-month shared hosting plans
How do I set up a SiteGround account?
SiteGround’s set-up is a three-step process that involves:
- Choosing a plan. Consider what resources your website will need and select a plan accordingly. Remember, you can always scale your plan up as your website grows.
- Registering your domain name. Whether you are transferring an existing domain name to SiteGround or registering for a new one, you will have to pay an annual fee.
- Designing your site. Now that you’ve signed up for a plan you can log in and install platforms such as WordPress or Joomla in a single click to start creating your website. If you are unsatisfied with your SiteGround hosting service you can get your money back up to 30 days after signing up.
What content management systems do SiteGround support?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Barefoot Investor: How to watch Scott Pape’s Money Movement docu-series online
This fresh docu-series features the one and only Barefoot Investor.
Prime Day’s best health and fitness deals: Garmin, FitBit, PranaOn
Stocking up on your favourite supplements or adding to your home gym, Amazon has got you covered with these red-hot offers.
Amazon Prime Day’s best camera deals: Nikon, Panasonic and more
DSLR, digital, polaroids, lenses and accessories - these are the best camera deals Amazon has to offer this Prime Day.
Biggest Amazon Prime Day discounts: 75% off games + heaps more
Top offers so far include 75% off games, 68% off tech and 38% off alcohol.
Jetstar sale offers new route to “Australia’s most beautiful coastlines”
You have to be quick, these fares are gone with the strike of midnight.
Kobo Elipsa review: An ereader and enote 2-in-1
The Kobo Elipsa makes a valiant attempt to bridge the gap between eReader and eNote. It doesn’t manage to excel at being one or the other as its big for an eReader, and slow for an eNote.
Amazon Prime Day: Best board game offers on Hasbro, MONOPOLY, Jenga
From children to teens and adults, Amazon has got you covered with these awesome board game deals.
Amazon Prime Day: Red-hot fashion deals on Bonds, Champion and more
Fashionistas can score sweet savings on Skechers shoes, Bonds everyday essentials and winter warmers from Champion.
Why has the Zip Co share price run out of steam?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have jumped over 16% in the last month.
3 Virgin Australia sales to get you 50% off flights + 50% bonus points
Earn extra points for every $1 spent when you book these domestic flights before the end of the financial year.