SiteGround web hosting
SiteGround combines scalable web hosting services with 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
SiteGround provides shared, cloud, dedicated and reseller hosting to more than one million domains. Since the organisation was founded in 2004, SiteGround has grown to employ more than 400 people across four offices in Europe and the United States. The web host stores its servers in four facilities, including one in Singapore.
The WordPress-recommended host offers fully managed WordPress hosting options as well as hosting support for several popular apps and programs. If you need help setting up your site, customer support is available 24/7. If SiteGround hosting doesn’t meet your expectations, you can receive a refund up to 30 days after purchasing your hosting plan.
Siteground pricing and plans
What types of web hosting does SiteGround offer?
SiteGround offers shared, cloud, dedicated and reseller hosting services. The provider also offers an Enterprise hosting option for large companies who need customised services, and supported and managed hosting for those who want to optimise their use of certain apps and platforms.
- Power Server and Super Power Server plans available
- Entry Server plan is sold out for the Asia-Pacific region but available in the United States and Europe
- 960+GB SSD
- 4-12 CPU cores
- 32-64GB RAM
- 10TB bandwidth
- StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek plans available
- 10-30GB web space
- 10,000-100,000 monthly visits
- Free site transfer, website builder and cPanel included with all plans
- Entry, Business, Business Plus and Super Power plans available
- 2-8 CPU cores
- 4-10GB memory
- 40-120GB SSD space
- 5TB data transfer
- Reseller hosting plans are available for web developers and designers. These plans are priced per amount of “reseller credits” you wish to use. All accounts start with 10GB web space, daily backups, free email accounts, unmetered date transfer and white label options.
- SiteGround also offers an Enterprise hosting plan, providing custom-built hosting for large companies. An account manager is included with every plan to give your organisation personalised support. Prices start at $2,000 per month and can go over $10,000 per month depending on your needs.
Supported app hosting
- SiteGround offers managed WordPress services for all its plans and options for supported Joomla, Drupal, Magento, PrestaShop and WooCommerce hosting.
What types of web hosting are not offered by SiteGround?
- VPS hosting
- Windows hosting
Pros and cons of SiteGround
- Shared, cloud, dedicated and reseller plans available
- Custom Enterprising hosting services for large businesses
- WordPress recommended
- Managed support for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento
- 24/7 customer support via phone, email and live chat
- Scalable plans to accommodate website growth
- A data centre in Singapore means optimal performance for Aussie sites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Windows operating system not available
- No VPS hosting plans offered
- Domain name cost is not included in all plans
- No month-to-month shared hosting plans
How do I set up a SiteGround account?
SiteGround’s set-up is a three-step process that involves:
- Choosing a plan. Consider what resources your website will need and select a plan accordingly. Remember, you can always scale your plan up as your website grows.
- Registering your domain name. Whether you are transferring an existing domain name to SiteGround or registering for a new one, you will have to pay an annual fee.
- Designing your site. Now that you’ve signed up for a plan you can log in and install platforms such as WordPress or Joomla in a single click to start creating your website. If you are unsatisfied with your SiteGround hosting service you can get your money back up to 30 days after signing up.
What content management systems do SiteGround support?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Digital Pacific review for small businesses
Get up-to-date with the latest features and subscription plans offered by Digital Pacific, a web hosting server made for businesses that want to get online.
HostMonster web hosting
With a live demo feature, you can try out HostMonster services and know what you’re getting for your website before you sign up for a hosting plan.
The ultimate guide to Airbnb Hosting
Go from host to Superhost with our guide to Airbnb hosting.
Top 7 sites to buy domains and web hosting
We’ve located 7 of the best places to buy domain names and web hosting online
BeMyGuest promo codes and vouchers November 2020
BeMyGuest is a booking site for unique tours, activities and experiences provided by operators and locals throughout Asia.
Host Geek promo codes and coupons November 2020
Host Geek is an Australian web hosting, domain registration and online service company that can help you maximise your website’s potential.