Namecheap web hosting
Namecheap offers shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated, reseller and email hosting plans for websites of all sizes.
Founded in 2000, Namecheap is an American web hosting provider that manages over 10 million domains across the globe. Namecheap offers a variety of hosting options that can be customised and scaled according to the specific needs of individuals and businesses. Customers can also use Namecheap to purchase additional products such as SSL certificates and design their websites using a website builder tool.
Namecheap pricing and plan options
Which web hosting types does Namecheap offer?
- Three plans are available: Stellar, Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
- All plans include unmetered bandwidth and a website builder.
- Plans are easily scalable with features such as unlimited disc space and unlimited websites.
- Can be hosted in US or UK data centres.
- Two plans are available: Pulsar and Quasar.
- Both plans include a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Plans can be scaled as your needs change.
- Plans are customisable with add-ons including extra disk space, storage and bandwidth.
- Three plans are available: EasyWP Starter, EasyWP Turbo and EasyWP Supersonic.
- Managed WordPress hosting allows for simple website design and development and specialised support.
- Can be easily scaled as your website grows.
- Choose from thousands of themes and plugins to help design your site.
- Three main plans are available: Explorer, Voyager and Enterprise.
- Plans are customisable.
- Clearance (used) servers are available at a cheaper cost.
- Servers can be self-managed, partially managed or entirely managed by Namecheap.
- Three main plans are available: Nebula, Galaxy Expert and Universe Pro.
- Galaxy Expert and Universe Pro allow for unlimited resold accounts.
- All plans come with a free cPanel/WHM.
- Plans come with access to Namecheap's SSL reseller program.
- Three plans available: Private, Business and Business Office.
- Plans are available with yearly subscriptions only.
- All plans include anti-spam protection.
- Email hosting provides email, calendar, contact and task management systems.
What web hosting types are not offered by Namecheap?
Namecheap does not offer cloud web hosting services. However, cloud email servers are available.
Pros and cons of Namecheap
- Shared, WordPress, VPS, dedicated and reseller hosting plans are available.
- Customisable plans available for dedicated and VPS hosting.
- Scalable plans can accommodate website growth.
- Hosting plans come with a website building tool.
- Email, calendar, contact and file sharing interfaces are available for businesses.
- Choose from a range of SSL certificates.
- No cloud hosting plans available.
- Shared hosting has limited processing capabilities.
- Monthly prices are more expensive than yearly plans.
- Domain name fees rise after the first year.
How to sign up for a Namecheap account
- Choose a plan. Browse the site to find the best web hosting plan for your needs. Keep in mind, many hosting plans are cheaper if you pay for an entire year instead of month by month.
- Transfer an old domain or pick a new one. Once you choose a plan, you'll be asked if you want to transfer an existing domain name, buy a new one or use a free one. Remember that domain name fees increase after the first year with some hosting plans.
- Decide on extras. Extra features can be added at checkout, including a premium Domain Name System (DNS) platform.
- Design your website. Namecheap has its own website building tool that allows you to use pre-existing templates or design your site from scratch.
While Namecheap offers WordPress web hosting, you can also use several other content management systems to help you build a professional-looking website including Joomla, Drupal, Magento and Moodle.