Get web hosting for sites of any size with the world’s largest domain name registrar, GoDaddy.
GoDaddy was founded in 1997 is now reportedly the world’s largest ICANN-accredited registrar on the Internet and has been so since 2006.
GoDaddy provides a wide range of hosting services to more than 17.5 million customers including shared, business, VPS, dedicated, WordPress and reseller hosting. The company offers regular discounts on hosting plans for both Linux and Windows operating systems and 24/7 customer service.
GoDaddy pricing and plans options
What web hosting types are not offered by GoDaddy?
GoDaddy does not offer cloud hosting services in Australia.
Pros and cons of GoDaddy
- Windows and Linux options
- Shared, business, WordPress, VPS, dedicated and reseller services available
- 24/7 customer service
- 99.9% uptime
- Auto-install WordPress set-up
- World's largest domain name registrar
- 60-second WordPress set-up
- No cloud hosting services in Australia
- Live chat support is not available 24/7
- Huge company size can mean impersonal service
- Increased renewal prices
- Unmetered bandwidth is limited within what GoDaddy considers reasonable usage
- No money-back guarantee
How to sign up for a GoDaddy account
- Choose a plan. You can choose from shared, business, WordPress, VPS, dedicated and reseller hosting plans based on the needs of your website. Carefully consider the current needs and anticipated growth of your site to avoid paying for unnecessary features.
- Register your domain name. You can register a new domain name easily with GoDaddy, the largest ICANN-accredited registrar on the Internet. Domain registration is free with most plans of 12 months or more. You can also transfer over an existing domain name to GoDaddy when you sign up for an account.
- Design your website. You can use more than 120 systems and applications to design and optimise your website. If you need any help getting started, you can contact customer support 24/7 online or by phone.
What systems are supported by GoDaddy?
- GoDaddy supports WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and more than 120 additional applications.