Bluehost web hosting
Bluehost offers five different types of web hosting, so you can get exactly what you need for your website.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bluehost’s was developed in 2003 based on open-source code and now hosts more than 2 million websites. Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress and can optimise more than 80 open-source website platforms to fit your specific needs. In addition, Bluehost guards your site by blocking spammers as well as isolating heavy-traffic sites so they don’t bog down your loading speed.
To help you navigate the many options Bluehost provides, it has an info-packed knowledge base and 24/7 technical support via phone or chat.
Bluehost pricing and plan options
What hosting types are not offered by Bluehost?
Bluehost does not offer reseller web-hosting services. However, Bluehost customers are entitled to significant discounts off reseller plans from ResellerClub. ResellerClub hosting plans start at US$12.29 per month, at the time of writing.
Pros and cons of Bluehost
- Standard, WordPress, Cloud, VPS and dedicated hosting plans are available
- More than 80 open-source platforms to use
- Unmetered traffic capacity on all plans
- Free domain name
- Scalable plans to accommodate website growth
- #1 recommended web-hosting site by WordPress.org
- 1-click WordPress installation
- In-house tech support available 24/7
- Storage space on Basic plan is limited
- Security solutions cost extra
- Best advertised price requires a three-year upfront commitment
- No reseller hosting plans are available
How to open a Bluehost account
- Register your domain. Decide whether you want to register a new domain or transfer one you already have. All hosting packages from Bluehost come with a free domain name.
- Choose a plan. Once you have determined the resources your website will require, you can select and pay for a Bluehost hosting plan. Keep in mind, you’ll have to make a three-year commitment to get the lowest advertised price. All orders come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Decide on extras. Extra features are available for purchase, focusing on added security, power, speed and functionality. This includes unique IPs, SSL certificates, domain privacy, the anti-malware SiteLock, Site Backup Pro and spam protection powered by Google.
- Set up your website. Now you get to design the website of your dreams! If you need any assistance, Bluehost customer support is available 24/7.
Frequently asked questions about Bluehost
More guides on Finder
Best multi-tools in Australia
If you’re looking for a versatile tool to tackle a wide range of odd jobs around the house, we’ll help you find the best multi-tool for your needs.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 4: Make your savings and investments work harder for you
This is the final week of our 4-week financial fitness challenge, where we help you understand your savings, super and investments.
Online course platforms
Learn about some of the top online course platforms that make it easy to create, deliver and sell your lessons.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia?
Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
monday.com promo codes August 2021
Streamline your workload for less with these awesome monday.com discount codes.
PIIT28 discount codes and coupons August 2021 | Perfect 10 Cookbook (e-book) for only US$29
Get fit and up your stamina for less with the latest PIIT28 promo codes.
Beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency tax in Australia
A beginner’s guide to your cryptocurrency tax obligations and how the ATO is targeting digital currency holdings in 2019.
Podcast: How to recession-proof your finances during COVID-19
If we're heading for an economic recession, it's time to start taking your personal finances seriously. This podcast is a how-to guide for all Australians.
What’s open on the Gold Coast right now?
Major shopping centres, public spaces and dining options are still open across the Gold Coast during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are a few to get you started.
What’s open in Sydney: Bars, restaurants and attractions
Here are the shopping centres, public spaces and dining spots that are still open in Sydney.