Bluehost web hosting
Bluehost offers five different types of web hosting, so you can get exactly what you need for your website.
Bluehost’s was developed in 2003 based on open-source code and now hosts more than 2 million websites. Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress and can optimise more than 80 open-source website platforms to fit your specific needs. In addition, Bluehost guards your site by blocking spammers as well as isolating heavy-traffic sites so they don’t bog down your loading speed.
To help you navigate the many options Bluehost provides, it has an info-packed knowledge base and 24/7 technical support via phone or chat.
Bluehost pricing and plan options
What hosting types are not offered by Bluehost?
Bluehost does not offer reseller web-hosting services. However, Bluehost customers are entitled to significant discounts off reseller plans from ResellerClub. ResellerClub hosting plans start at US$12.29 per month, at the time of writing.
Pros and cons of Bluehost
- Standard, WordPress, Cloud, VPS and dedicated hosting plans are available
- More than 80 open-source platforms to use
- Unmetered traffic capacity on all plans
- Free domain name
- Scalable plans to accommodate website growth
- #1 recommended web-hosting site by WordPress.org
- 1-click WordPress installation
- In-house tech support available 24/7
- Storage space on Basic plan is limited
- Security solutions cost extra
- Best advertised price requires a three-year upfront commitment
- No reseller hosting plans are available
How to open a Bluehost account
- Register your domain. Decide whether you want to register a new domain or transfer one you already have. All hosting packages from Bluehost come with a free domain name.
- Choose a plan. Once you have determined the resources your website will require, you can select and pay for a Bluehost hosting plan. Keep in mind, you’ll have to make a three-year commitment to get the lowest advertised price. All orders come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Decide on extras. Extra features are available for purchase, focusing on added security, power, speed and functionality. This includes unique IPs, SSL certificates, domain privacy, the anti-malware SiteLock, Site Backup Pro and spam protection powered by Google.
- Set up your website. Now you get to design the website of your dreams! If you need any assistance, Bluehost customer support is available 24/7.