1&1 IONOS web hosting
1&1 IONOS offers shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated and cloud hosting plans for scalable websites
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
About 1&1 IONOS
1&1 IONOS is a web hosting provider that offers a range of hosting services, products and guides for individuals and businesses of all sizes. In 2018, 1&1 web hosting merged with ProfitBricks in order to strengthen and elevate the company's cloud infrastructure systems - creating 1&1 IONOS. Used by over 15 million people worldwide, 1&1 IONOS can offer site building templates for novices as well as a range of customisation options for those with more specific needs.
1&1 IONOS pricing and plan options
What web hosting types does 1&1 IONOS offer?
- Three plans are available: Business, Pro and Expert.
- All plans include 24/7 customer support, a free domain name for 12 months and an SSL certificate.
- Easily scalable plans, with features such as unlimited storage and unlimited websites.
- The extra security measure SiteLock and content delivery networks with Railgun are available for extra fees or in higher level plans.
- Four plans are available: VPS M, VPS L, VPS XL and VPS XXL.
- All servers allow for unlimited traffic and come with an SSL certificate.
- Storage, RAM and CPU allowances increase with higher level plans.
- Three plans are available: Essential, Business and Pro.
- Managed WordPress hosting allows for simple website design and development and specialised support.
- Higher priced plans come with increased storage capacity.
- Seven plans are available: M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL and Cloud Flex.
- Hosting can be easily upgraded or downgraded as storage needs change.
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems in addition to firewalls are incorporated within security architecture.
- SIEM, a security and event management system, is used to oversee site operations.
- 12 dedicated server options available.
- Users can choose from a large number of RAM sizes, ranging from 16GB through to 192GB.
- All plans come with an SSL certificate and 24/7 support.
What web hosting types are not offered by 1&1 IONOS?
1&1 does not offer reseller web-hosting services.
Pros and cons of 1&1 IONOS
- Shared, WordPress, VPS, cloud and dedicated hosting plans are available.
- Large range of cloud hosting services.
- Many server options for personalised dedicated hosting.
- Scalable plans to accommodate website growth.
- Ready-to-use templates available.
- 24/7 in-house tech support.
- No reseller web-hosting services are provided.
- Shared hosting has limited processing capabilities.
- Best advertised prices are only for the first 12 months.
- Domain prices rise after the first 12 months.
How to sign up for a 1&1 IONOS account
- Claim a domain. When you sign up for an account, follow the prompts to transfer an existing domain or to create a new one. Prices will vary depending on which web hosting option you choose.
- Choose a plan. After researching which option best suits your needs, select a hosting plan. Keep in mind that the listed prices are often for the first 12 months only.
- Decide on extras. Extra features such as a ranking coach or Norton Security are available at checkout. Increased speeds and security measures vary from host type to host type. Many of these can be added later or acquired by changing plans as your site grows.
- Set up your website. Time to design your website. 1&1 offers ready-to-use templates or personal customisation as well as 24/7 tech support for any assistance you may require.
1&1 IONOS provides a website building tool offering designs and templates called 1&1 IONOS MyWebsite. This allows you to download and install any CMS you choose onto the web server.
Frequently asked questions about 1&1 IONOS
More guides on Finder
Square vs Shopify
We compare two of the leading merchant services on the market: Square and Shopify.
Web developer resumes
Find out what to include in a web developer resume and how a customisable template could help you land your dream job.
How to start an SEO business
Helpful tips for starting and running a successful SEO agency.
How to start a remote IT business
Here’s how to go about starting a remote IT business to offer installation, servicing and maintenance support to both businesses and households.
Best Android tablets in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews to determine the best Android tablets available in Australia for a variety of purposes.
ExpertRating: Online certification for individuals and businesses
Get your skills recognised and nab your dream job with ExpertRating's wide range of affordable online courses.
Cin7 offers a range of useful inventory management tools that can cater to the needs of your company - whether it's a startup or a more established business.
xCloud: Release date, price, details and how it works in Australia
Everything you need to know about Microsoft's video games streaming service, xCloud.
Origin vs Simply Energy
Origin vs Simply Energy: Which brand offers better electricity rates in your state?
How to make money blogging: Creating a profitable blog from scratch
I made enough money to renovate my family home by blogging. Here are my tips.