finder.com.au is seeking a talented Web Designer for a leading financial comparison website, with offices located in Sydney CBD. You will be working within a small team of dedicated product managers, developers and designers, helping us with our online presence, primarily assisting in a large rebranding development effort (a lot of excellent projects in the works!), plus up-keep of everyday design needs.
We are looking for someone with a natural eye for good design, a strong design skill set and strong experience with designing for the web.
We’re after a passionate creative designer with:
- Strong design sense and critical eye to details
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a must
- Ability to translate concepts into compelling layouts using web, advertising, design and social disciplines
- An extensive portfolio of web/graphic design work
In addition to the vital skills above, the role will present greater opportunity if you have experience in:
- Prototyping (designing in the browser)
- Responsive design knowledge and ability to implement
- Actively keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and advancements
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Great problem solving skills especially centring around design for the web
In return for your amazing design skills, we’ll provide you with:
- Access to a team of remarkable individuals who are always willing to share their knowledge.
- A steady stream of engaging, challenging and rewarding projects.
- A monthly hack day within the Design & Tech Team to work on something you’re particularly passionate about
- An opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing Internet company making waves in Australia.
- As much Coke and RedBull as you can drink from our “InfiniFridge”, fully catered lunches every day, birthday cakes and cookies on Fridays!
- Your choice of super-computer (Mac or PC) with dual 27” monitors.
- A super cool start-up culture
We are not an agency, we have no clients, have only ourselves as our critics and we strive to achieve in hyper competitive markets. You’ll only be working on our websites to achieve our shared goals.
If you think you have the skills and passion necessary to fill this role, please write in confidence to Luke Peterson at email@example.com.
In your email, please provide links to:
- Some examples of your work and aesthetics
- Details of some projects you’ve contributed to and
- A personal note as to why you would want to work with us at finder.com.au.
(PLEASE, NO agencies!)