This card charges with a low ongoing rate for purchases as well as complimentary insurances for your shopping.
Take control of your spending with the WAW Low Rate MyCard Mastercard. As its name implies it charges a low ongoing rate, which applies on purchases. The purchases you buy using this card receive complimentary insurance covers and those purchases can also be covered by up to 55 interest-free days if you pay your balance back in full.
|Product Name||WAW Low Rate MyCard Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||30 June 2018|
|Annual fee||$75 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$75 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30 whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.5% of transaction amount or $3.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5.00|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
WAW Credit Union Low Rate MyCard Mastercard review
This credit card provided by WAW Credit Union requires your attention if you’re on the lookout for a line of credit that protects your purchases while helping you save on interest. If you use this card in the right manner, you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases. Applying in time gives you the ability to keep paying a discounted annual fee for as long as your account remains active.
Benefits of the WAW Credit Union Low Rate MyCard Mastercard
- Low ongoing rate. If you’re the kind of credit card user that keeps balances rolling in the account from one billing cycle to the next, this card’s low 12.99% p.a. purchase rate can lead to savings in the long run.
- Complimentary insurances. Purchase cover insurance applies on damaged, lost, or stolen products, for up to 90 days from the date of purchase, while the guaranteed pricing scheme gives you the ability to get a refund if an item you purchase goes on sale soon after.
- Use anywhere, anytime. You can use this card in retail establishments the world over, as long as you see the Mastercard sign, and the same applies to withdrawing money from ATMs. You can also use this card for online and over the phone purchases and bill payments.
Features of the WAW Credit Union Low Rate MyCard Mastercard
- Annual fee. If you apply for this Low Rate Mastercard before a given date, you can keep paying a discounted annual fee of discounted annual fee of $49 for the life of the card.
- Interest free days. By paying the closing balance mentioned on your statement in full every billing cycle, you stand to get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Complimentary insurances. Retail purchases made using this Low Rate Mastercard receive protection through guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance.
- Additional cards. You can request up to 4 free additional cards for individuals over 16 years old.
- Fraudshield. This service monitors your credit card account and informs you upon detecting suspicious activity immediately.
- SecureCode. This online service works as an additional line of defence when your card’s details are used to spend online.
- PayPass. This technology lets you make contactless payments for purchases less than $100.
How to apply for the WAW Low Rate MyCard Mastercard
You can speak to a WAW Credit Union loan specialist over the phone to get started, or you can submit an online enquiry.
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent Australian resident
- You have good credit history
- You earn at least $25,000 p.a.
- Personal information includes your date of birth, marital status, driver’s licence number and contact details
- Job-related information includes your employment status along with your employer’s name and contact details
- As part of the required financial information, prepare to provide details about your income, expenses, assets, and liabilities
This card offers various features that make it a competitive option to consider. As with any financial product, before you apply, compare it with similar ones to ensure it's the right card for you.Back to top