How to set up and watch Disney+ on Samsung TVs
Disney+ can be streamed straight to your Samsung TV. All you have to do is download the app and set up an account.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Here's how to run Disney+ on your Samsung TV:
Step 1: Check that your TV is compatible
Disney+ is available on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 to the current line-up. There's a full list of compatible TV models on Samsung's apps page, but all editions from 2016 and onwards will work.
Step 2: Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, it will be available through "Apps".
- From the TV's home screen, navigate to and select APPS.
- Select the search icon in the top-right corner and search for the Disney+ app.
- Once the app is installed you can launch it by pressing the home button on your remote and navigating to it using the remote's directional pad.
- If you have already created a Disney+ account, you can log in, otherwise see how to sign up here.
Step 3: Sign in or create a Disney+ account
If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so from the app.
If you're not ready to commit, use the trial first. Then just sign up monthly for $11.99. If you're committed, $119.99 will give you a year's access to Disney+.
Step 4: Log in and watch Disney+ on Samsung TV
Once you have set up your account you can log in to start browsing the massive Disney+ library of classic and reimagined Disney hits, Pixar animated movies and all the Star Wars movies, plus The Mandalorian and documentaries from National Geographic.
Get to know Disney+ with our guides
- Explore List of Marvel content on Disney+
- Examine the list of Disney omissions
- Learn what Disney+ means for Foxtel and Stan
- Anticipate all these classic old Disney cartoons
- Prepare to see if Australia got more than USA
- Resolve to watch all these Disney+ movies in 4K
- See if Disney will partner with anyone
Image source: Disney+ website
- Black Widow and Cruella to hit Disney+: Is the cinema cheaper?
- Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
- Where to watch Love, Victor online in Australia
- Where to watch Hulu’s Solar Opposites online in Australia
- Where to watch Big Sky online in Australia
- Disney+ Star Australia gets an additional 29 launch day titles
More guides on Finder
Here are all the future Marvel shows coming to Disney+
What new shows are being planned for the streaming service and how do they tie into the Marvel universe?
Loki series on Disney+: What we know so far
Eager to catch up with Thor’s mischievous brother?
What time is The Mandalorian season 2 released in Australia?
Mark your calendars: The Mandalorian episodes are coming.
How to set up and watch Kayo Sports on Samsung TV
Kayo Sports is compatible with 2018 and later models of Samsung TVs.
Where to watch WandaVision online in Australia
This show may be Marvel’s biggest gamble yet.
Diary of a Future President on Disney+ preview: Release date, cast, reviews
The Disney+ Australia line-up for January includes original series Diary of a Future President, executive produced by Gina Rodriguez.
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries on Disney+: What we know so far
The long-awaited Star Wars solo project featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi will drop on Disney+.
Watch Monsters at Work on Disney+: Cast, date, plot, preview
Ever wondered what happened to Monstropolis after the fall of scream power?
Disney+ vs Stan: Which stacks up better?
In a Disney+ vs Stan showdown, which comes out on top?
How to watch Disney+: Full list of devices
Wondering which devices are supported by Disney+? We’ve got you covered.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert