How to set up and watch Disney+ on Samsung TVs
Disney+ can be streamed straight to your Samsung TV. All you have to do is download the app and set up an account.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Here's how to run Disney+ on your Samsung TV:
Step 1: Check that your TV is compatible
Disney+ is available on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 to the current line-up. There's a full list of compatible TV models on Samsung's apps page, but all editions from 2016 and onwards will work.
Step 2: Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, it will be available through "Apps".
- From the TV's home screen, navigate to and select APPS.
- Select the search icon in the top-right corner and search for the Disney+ app.
- Once the app is installed you can launch it by pressing the home button on your remote and navigating to it using the remote's directional pad.
- If you have already created a Disney+ account, you can log in, otherwise see how to sign up here.
Step 3: Sign in or create a Disney+ account
If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so from the app.
If you're not ready to commit, use the trial first. Then just sign up monthly for $8.99. If you're committed, $89.99 will give you a year's access to Disney+.
Step 4: Log in and watch Disney+ on Samsung TV
Once you have set up your account you can log in to start browsing the massive Disney+ library of classic and reimagined Disney hits, Pixar animated movies and all the Star Wars movies, plus The Mandalorian and documentaries from National Geographic.
Get to know Disney+ with our guides
- Explore List of Marvel content on Disney+
- Examine the list of Disney omissions
- Learn what Disney+ means for Foxtel and Stan
- Anticipate all these classic old Disney cartoons
- Prepare to see if Australia got more than USA
- Resolve to watch all these Disney+ movies in 4K
- See if Disney will partner with anyone
Image source: Disney+ website
- Marvel fans rejoice: Disney+ original series WandaVision is here and ready to stream
- Where to watch new Pixar movie Soul online in Australia
- Best Christmas episodes from The Simpsons on Disney+
- Here’s how to get a Disney+ gift card subscription in Australia
- Where to watch ballet docuseries On Pointe
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+: Everything you need to know
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
10% off Apple Airpods Pro, 29% off Sennheiser wireless headphones and 20% off HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop.
Best 55-inch TVs in Australia
These are the best 55-inch TVs you can buy right now in Australia.
Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
Disney isn't bringing Hulu to Australia, but is instead launching Star for all its general entertainment and mature content.
How to sign up to DAZN: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite review
Amazon's Fire Stick Lite adds a range of streaming services to your TV for a very low price, including Apple TV, but it's a frustrating platform to use.
Disney+ free with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: What’s it worth?
You can get a whole month of Disney+ free if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Google Chromecast with Google TV review
Google's updated Chromecast now has a full interface of apps and is excellent value if you just want to add streaming apps to your existing TV.
Best smart TVs in Australia
Choose the right TV to meet your streaming, free to air and picture quality needs with our round-up of the best smart TVs for any budget.
How to watch UFC 254 Nurmagomedov vs Gaethje live in Australia
Unbeaten lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to defend his title against Justin Gaethje in a sensational card for UFC 254.
How to use Disney+ new GroupWatch feature
There's a new feature on Disney+ and it's going to make watching with friends and family seamless.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert